Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863164 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8820 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:55 pm »

I melee'd a Jabberwock. With my crowbar. I won with half a bar of torso HP.

Should have tried a Snickers Snack.
New food item:Snickers bar.

New line of code for jabberwocks. If hit with snickers bar, die.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #8821 on: November 08, 2013, 09:00:05 pm »

Anyways,Anyone exited for the new release?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: November 08, 2013, 09:00:54 pm »

YES world builder is a thing now and lots of other tools and materialmaking things!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: November 08, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »

Anyways,Anyone exited for the new release?
No of course not. Maybe. A little.

Please hurry.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: November 08, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »

I died. It was rather uneventful. I was driving at 240 in a modded out supercar at night right outside of a town in the grass. I hit a moose. Then I hit a bear, went into a skid, flew through 3 houses before my car tore itself apart, and was mauled to death by zombies before I could escape. Well, I was about to die, but I detonated my mininuke instead of letting myself die by their hands.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: November 08, 2013, 09:06:57 pm »

You tore threw 3 houses in a supercar, and then blew yourself up with a handheld nuclear weapon in order to avoid letting zombies kill you. I think you need to check the definition of "uneventful".
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: November 08, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »

Welcome to the Cataclysm.

The average American is a meth-addicted cyborg dogman with a katana and shotgun who rides a motorcycle. Unusual is not a word used much around here.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:14:49 pm by Fniff »

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: November 08, 2013, 09:17:23 pm »

I meant it was uneventful in the sense that I had done so much with that character, just to die from a car crash basically. He was completely decked out, and was almost invulnerable due to his massive dodge and melee capabilities mixed with the fact that I never had encumbrance on anything other than his head, so there weren't any stat penalties. I would much rather have died from a strange temple or even something silly like a rat cave.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: November 08, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »

Phew, so after about two days of disassembling car parts to get enough steel, I have a full metalworking set and a Rising Sun. Truly a blade of legend, its blade is forged from scrap steel pulled out of a minivan who's driver panicked and smashed into a truck - though TBH I couldn't tell where the minivan ended and the truck began so there may be some truck in there too. The handle is carved from an old bookshelf who's owner... won't be needing it anymore. It's wrapped with the skin of two rats that were bothering me while I forged the thing. On the handle is mounted a spraycan which I found in a kitchen, a cigarette lighter (which I imagine has a cartoon camel painted on it), and the handle is insulated with strips of leather cut off of an old purse. Probably not even real leather, cheap faux leather. Truly a blade of legend.

I name it - Trashbringer.

Edit: Lives up to it's heritage. One shots zombies and pulps their corpses often as not. Not bad for scrap metal from a minivan.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:30:41 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:25 pm »

So I've been wondering. How can we expand the textbox of when we 'view or look at' animals? I looked at a squirrel in game and the text seems to drift off into the farther and lower reaches of the textbox and I've no idea how to expand it.

Also, is it possible, in regard to cars, to be able to shift symbols depending on whether we are IN a car or viewing it (either in the vehicle viewscreen) or from outside? As in, symbols pertaining to how the car OUTSIDE would look (the basic FRAME which makes up the body part as its 2D anyway) and if our character is inside/checks the car, we see every item inside including any other functions or parts of the vehicle--just like how vehicles are seen at the moment?

Sounds kinda nifty too, if done with tiles as it fixes the problem with stacked/custom made vehicles.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:21:01 pm by Tiruin »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: November 08, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »

Tiruin, what sidebar are you using? Try the other one.
Or make the thing bigger.
Or both.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: November 08, 2013, 11:40:57 pm »

Tiruin, what sidebar are you using? Try the other one.
Or make the thing bigger.
Or both.
Err, sidebar? When I said textbox I meant the box which displays the description + other notes when viewing a creature. Using the ASCII version.

Also the rest is a suggestion to the devs to aid in the tileset. It's pretty tough doing all the tileset work and such, so I'm thinking of an easy solution to it-like matching tiles to certain styles of frame used and only showing it on the outside, yet if the character is inside the vehicle/viewing it in the vehicle manager screen, sees everything inside and all that. :)

And checking in how they code it, it's pretty amazing. Sans the minor errors which only need a workaround thought, its pretty advanced.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: November 08, 2013, 11:44:22 pm »

If you go bumbling around in options you will find one for what sidebar used, the sidebar being the thing with the descriptions, minimap, health, etc.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: November 08, 2013, 11:46:58 pm »

>_>
<_<
I should check on those descriptions more. Argh. Thanks!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: November 08, 2013, 11:53:53 pm »

It fixed?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1086