Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862098 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8310 on: October 22, 2013, 11:50:41 pm »

This is probably a bug

The dev team thinks of everything indeed

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: October 23, 2013, 05:05:05 am »

A picture's probably the best way to explain this bug.  I am not sure how I triggered it or if it is reproducible.  I'd just killed four zombies in a row on the windowsill with my Karate, in case we're playing Clue in bug report form.
Spoiler: Dat pic (click to show/hide)
I've seen this thing too, but usually only after I load up a game with any character with martial arts--wait for a bit and then the 'invalid MA buff' turns into what style is currently being used. I...don't know how it fixes itself, but that's all where my happy goes :)

o_O
...Oh.
Well..because I've had an infected broken left arm for more than a day (until gangrene set in? Or until the greenish-like ooze message appeared?) and I haven't been vomiting at all.

Wowsers.  I've avoided broken limbs and thus never had one 'infect' but that sounds like a different sort of infection?  (which I've also never had)  The sort of infection I've experienced has been from infected bites.  I've never died from it; usually I manage to get it cauterized clean; when not I've high-tailed it through bathrooms and found one of the effective fixes super fast; it's literally the only thing I let my character do until cure was found.
...Yeeeaaaah~~

New bug(?). You cannot cauterize or apply first aid to an infection/bite/anythingthatmakestheappendageturnblue when said appendage is broken. Hence why my wound became like that until I found the glory of splints.

1 hp from ---- means a lot.

...Also you can cauterize an appendage away and/or, your head or body. Yeah I play hardcore like that. >.> Makes sense.. xD

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: October 23, 2013, 07:16:25 am »

Wow it's been a long time.

Anyway, what's the new skill you need to install gun mods? marksmanship?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: October 23, 2013, 07:27:55 am »

Wow it's been a long time.

Anyway, what's the new skill you need to install gun mods? marksmanship?

Firearms...

Unless it's been changed :P

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: October 23, 2013, 08:42:12 am »

Water purifying tablets work in a strange way at the moment. I think someone just pasted code from the purifier. Basically, is your stack of tablet is less than the amount of water you're trying to purify, it won't work, even if you only use up one tablet to purify your canteen or whatever. The game tells you that "You don't have enough charges in your purifier".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:33 am »

"charges" refers vaguely to anything stacked, actually...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:59 am »

Heh.

The image of a person sticking a tablet in an outlet and purifying water is hilarious.

Oh and  'Science!' Above their head.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: October 23, 2013, 09:19:54 am »

Soooo, to get back on topic... can mutagens have delayed reactions? I had previously obtained the Rough Skin mutation from a Spider Mutagen. I checked today and found that it had turned into the Lightly Furred mutation. I haven't taken any mutagen or mutagenic foods since, and I don't believe I've been anywhere near anything radioactive (unless anthills are radioactive).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:57 am »

Soooo, to get back on topic... can mutagens have delayed reactions? I had previously obtained the Rough Skin mutation from a Spider Mutagen. I checked today and found that it had turned into the Lightly Furred mutation. I haven't taken any mutagen or mutagenic foods since, and I don't believe I've been anywhere near anything radioactive (unless anthills are radioactive).

Were you, by chance, in a radioactive area?

If so, then I suggest getting out as that shit is deadly.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:47 am »

So, as far as I can figure out, do some of the mobs only spawn on dynamic mod? I've never encountered some of the bigger 'bots nor graboids, and I pretty much exclusively play on static spawn since I like to clear areas.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: October 23, 2013, 09:43:12 am »

So, as far as I can figure out, do some of the mobs only spawn on dynamic mod? I've never encountered some of the bigger 'bots nor graboids, and I pretty much exclusively play on static spawn since I like to clear areas.

Encountered at least two graboids on static, so those are there...

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: October 23, 2013, 09:47:45 am »

Really? I've survived around a year on earlier builds, and never encountered them. I dont seem to see any eyebots in the .8 anymore either, even when smashing in pawn shop windows.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: October 23, 2013, 09:49:46 am »

Really? I've survived around a year on earlier builds, and never encountered them. I dont seem to see any eyebots in the .8 anymore either, even when smashing in pawn shop windows.

Dunno about those... Either PM or wait for iam2roy for a response maybe.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: October 23, 2013, 10:04:41 am »

I have encountered Martian War Machines "tripod bots" once on static, but only once. I think some stuff is just exceedingly rare.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: October 23, 2013, 10:07:46 am »

Same. If you remember that insect swarm screenshot I posted, there were a couple of those there too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1086