Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860668 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4590 on: July 15, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »

There needs to be a law skill in Cataclysm, probably once NPC's are fully integrated, it's the only way to ensure mankind's survival!

how else will we defend ourselves in the postapocalyptic halls of conservative justice?

liberal antizombie squad ho

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: July 15, 2013, 04:30:29 pm »

There needs to be a law skill in Cataclysm, probably once NPC's are fully integrated, it's the only way to ensure mankind's survival!

how else will we defend ourselves in the postapocalyptic halls of conservative justice?

liberal antizombie squad ho
The anti-zombie movement is a conservitative brainwashing stereotype!  Liberal Zombie Lovers squad go, also known as necrofreind!
Nom nom nom

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: July 15, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »

Funnels are slightly overpowered I think. With a standard storefront, acidic drizzle, and a source of cans, one can make an endless supply of batteries. Not to mention water any time it rains.
But you will get trashed of drinking beer to get those cans. Or just suffed with canned corn, whatever you have more.
Go into "i"nventory. Select the can of x. "u"nload can. If its food, you keep it in inventory, if its a liquid, well, you lose it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: July 15, 2013, 04:32:38 pm »

Funnels are slightly overpowered I think. With a standard storefront, acidic drizzle, and a source of cans, one can make an endless supply of batteries. Not to mention water any time it rains.
But you will get trashed of drinking beer to get those cans. Or just suffed with canned corn, whatever you have more.
Go into "i"nventory. Select the can of x. "u"nload can. If its food, you keep it in inventory, if its a liquid, well, you lose it.
Steel Jerrycan of Tuna Fish (87)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: July 15, 2013, 04:38:53 pm »

Aluminum Keg of Beans (200)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:15 pm »

Aluminum Keg of Beans (200)

you guys keep beans in your kegs?

for me a keg is either a dedicated salted meat or fetus storage area

i sometimes mess up which one is which and before i know what's happening i manage to mutate myself when going for a midnight snack

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4596 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:58 pm »

Wait... can I fill a jerrycan with beer? Oh my god.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: July 15, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

The worthwhileness (totes a word) of constructing a base would be raised hugely if we're ever able to build swimming pools and fill them with fluids of our choosing. I would love to cool off in the summer with a quick dip in my Pool of Rat Mutagen (12000).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: July 15, 2013, 05:11:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: July 15, 2013, 05:30:22 pm »

The worthwhileness (totes a word) of constructing a base would be raised hugely if we're ever able to build swimming pools and fill them with fluids of our choosing. I would love to cool off in the summer with a quick dip in my Pool of Rat Mutagen (12000).
Personally I find no joy in houses, as zombies stop spawning nearby and I can deplete a town of resources before finishing a few walls.

Vehicles, on the other hand...  Add swimming pools to vehicles and YEAH!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: July 15, 2013, 05:33:31 pm »

Like those hot tubs in limos?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: July 15, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »

When Z-levels get in, we simply HAVE to make airships.  And then:

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: July 15, 2013, 05:39:06 pm »

When Z-levels get in, we simply HAVE to make airships.  And then:

and then a zombie eagle wrecks your shit shouting SQUAWK SQUAWK BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT ME HERE WITH YOUR COMMUNIST FLYING HOTTUB SQUAAAAAAAWK and a thousand jabberwocks sing the national anthem while a lone american flag rots quietly all of this happening in the sunset and then when the eagle flies away to perch on the flagpole you finally crash into the ground and your supply of explosives ignites and there's a grand fireworks display with survivor giblets flying everywhere

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: July 15, 2013, 05:41:11 pm »

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day that you can create your own town. Get NPCs to show up and start doing things, slowly build up your own self-sufficient settlements with farms and utilities and workshops with proper crafting equipment.

And then fight off hordes of monsters as your settlement attracts them to you, with NPCs manning guard towers, trap corridors, and desperate battles for the survival of humanity.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: July 15, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

There's a Dwarf Fortress mod for that. I think the wasteland mod fits the bill.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1086