Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860217 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 07:03:37 pm »

Darkling Wolf, I love you! Thanks for ruining my(and by proxy, my wife's) night.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

bye135

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Im givin' it all shes got Capt'n!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 07:12:51 pm »

Cataclysm its my favorite zombie roguelike survival game which was formerly developed by bay 12, and thats the truth.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 07:13:26 pm »

PTW.
Maybe I'll try and actually get good at this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 07:16:14 pm »

Darkling Wolf, I love you! Thanks for ruining my(and by proxy, my wife's) night.
Hehe, I live to please :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »

Can confirm it's running much slower now, though. This wouldn't be a problem on my desktop, but on the netbook it's kind of annoying with "stick-keys". And it's a shame cause otherwise the game is ideally suited for my netbook....

Otherwise so far the changes look pretty good. And I'm not getting the crashes I did in the very last Whalesian version...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:43 pm »

PTW, <3 all involved for this.

What is Whales' next project though, if anyone knows?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:06 pm »

Windows version crashes on me after 30 mins. Reproduced twice with 2 different characters. Just running around when it happens. Near houses once, near a hospital the other.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »

Huh... first report of major instability. Weird. I'm guessing DW is going to ask you for a trace, but gods knows I can't remember how to do one of those in windows. :P

Was it just a straight crash, or was there some sort of error message?

And CP, both vehicles and the lightning mod have caused some slowdown from what I understood of the benchmark discussions up until now - since both are in this version, that could well be the cause. Something I or someone else might look into sooner rather than later.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »

Windows version crashes on me after 30 mins. Reproduced twice with 2 different characters. Just running around when it happens. Near houses once, near a hospital the other.
Gyeh, looking into it.
My cabbages!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »

PTW, <3 all involved for this.

What is Whales' next project though, if anyone knows?

I played a quick game of Wesnoth against Whales the other day (total luck, happened to ask opponent if he is THE whales of Cataclysm fame and he was) and he said he was working on a "metaphysical roguelike" with tips of the hat to planescape Torment (and planescape in general), and Grim Fandango. Hope that is really going to happen, because it sounds awesome
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013, 10:27:51 pm »

Gyeh, looking into it.
Figured it out, bugfix'll be up in a bit.
Then I really need to go sleep.
My cabbages!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »

I threw a single molitov in a double megamall in a desperate flight from a horde.  I got out and to my car with my precious chainsaw and drove away, to finish looting at another time.

I come back a day later and start looking around.  And start hearing 'SMASH!' a lot of SMASH! I realize what is happening and book it back to my car, reaching it and driving out of the mall with only two turns to spare before my parking spot became a towering inferno.

Ok, so all buildings are explosive, not just bars.  Does the city not have a single fire safety ordinance?  Good news is that I now have more nails and rebar than I will ever possibly need.  Bad news is that the fire is spreading to nearby buildings.  My safehouse is on the outskirts of the city, should I relocate or will roads be capable of keeping the fire isolated to that block?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2013, 10:41:21 pm »

Floors and walls are flammable, fire now calls a destroy() event when it burns a tile down, destroy() events have a chance of destroying any adjacent floor or wall tiles, all of these things cause them to scatter 2x4s everywhere, which are themselves very flammable.

It'll probably burn itself out before spreading too far though, and it won't spread across roads.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh8hd69cqqjsv2c/Cataclysm%2003-Jan-2013.zip - Windows bugfix.
Sorry for the huge size, forgot to set it to strip out debugging symbols.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:50:50 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:14 pm »

Pretty awesome effect you got there.  Fire actually is capable of wrecking buildings with that system then, instead of just spreading a little bit and then refusing to spread to the rest of the building.  And wow is it quick.

Keep up the good work escaping that building was a blast!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2013, 12:49:59 am »

Post about it in the help and support forum and I'll sticky the thread for you.
I had to go out of town right after I posted, but that gave me some time to think about features that the image should have. The new one's larger but (I hope) more user friendly and has pre-installed debug mode.

Guide's post is here.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:55:12 am by Leonon »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1086