Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860605 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12495 on: July 15, 2014, 10:34:31 am »

You're right, hence my edit :P
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: July 15, 2014, 10:38:07 am »

Alpha particles are helium-4 nuclei, because I had to correct you about something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: July 17, 2014, 07:10:14 pm »

Wtf is with skeletal dogs?! I didn't have any melee skills but I had 11 dexterity and a nail board, and yet I couldn't hit it once. Do I have to make every character with high dex and melee skills just to avoid instant death by these things? It's not like I can outrun them either.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: July 17, 2014, 07:36:26 pm »

All dog types are hilariously* broken to where the only way to effectively and reliably kill them with a new guy is debug a shotgun and a few shells and pointblank it.

*Hilarious the first time. After that, it gets annoying when your first fight leaves you with nothing but a shirt and socks because the zombie dog ate them all after a milion turns of missing and dodging.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: July 17, 2014, 07:59:35 pm »

All dog types are hilariously* broken to where the only way to effectively and reliably kill them with a new guy is debug a shotgun and a few shells and pointblank it.

*Hilarious the first time. After that, it gets annoying when your first fight leaves you with nothing but a shirt and socks because the zombie dog ate them all after a milion turns of missing and dodging.
I find rocks are much better because you're not cheating, you'll hit them quite often while throwing rocks.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12500 on: July 17, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »

Except that throwing is also hilariously* broken.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: July 17, 2014, 09:12:05 pm »

I don't understand how people have so much trouble with dogs.  they are dangerous sure, but they are easily whacked with a makeshift crowbar, hell they even seem to have less hp than zombies.  Maybe it's because I actually put a point into skills like melee in chargen instead of dumping it all into stats and traits.

2 melee skill, no bashing or cutting, makeshift crowbar, while at 1 torso encumberance fresh from the shelter and I can hit zdogs the majority of the time.  Every time I hear somebody claim they can't hit something I'm almost expecting them to say they are wearing 5 backpacks with a -3 to hit weapon and 0 skill.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

I can handle zombie dogs just fine. They are easy. It's the skeletal zombie dogs that are impossible to kill. I missed over FIFTY times in a row before dieing to this one freaking dog.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »

Fire is a friend.

But hey, atleast its not a Z-9.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: July 17, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »

Really carry a stick and a lighter, then with good self placement you can kill basically any enemy...
Nom nom nom

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »

You know, now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's a good thing that you're asserting you can use an odd and rather exploit-y idiosyncrasy in the game's reflection of reality to kill a broken enemy.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: July 17, 2014, 11:50:47 pm »

Found a sweet item archive for this game.

http://cdda.estilofusion.com/manual_archery

Also, if you think that using fire to kill enemies is an exploit, then you have to think using bushes to slow down an enemy is an exploit, as normally they would avoid the bush.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: July 18, 2014, 12:23:59 am »

They're mindless goo zombies from another dimension. They probably don't even have a concept of what a bush IS. Besides, it wouldn't be a bad plan in real life to put a big old bush between you and your opponent, forcing them to skirt it and narrow their options for movement and attack. That I can handwave away as the game abstracting that for gameplay purposes.

Starting a fire big enough to damage something with a lighter and a stick in the middle of combat? Not... not so much.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:28:10 am by Kaitol »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: July 18, 2014, 12:57:45 am »

Mindless goo alien has no concept of fire. Dry wood burns quickly.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: July 18, 2014, 10:56:08 am »

Wait till you fight a lag inducing never-ending blob horde. You'll be lucky to even keep your shirt by the end.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1086