Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 123350 times)

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 3.0: Death Magmatic
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2015, 11:04:58 am »

So what are the plans for casting magic?

*edit*

Also, for whatever reason, the bat ponies keep self-combusting while digging.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:25:50 pm by Kraiger »
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2015, 10:23:13 pm »

*edit*

Also, for whatever reason, the bat ponies keep self-combusting while digging.

Self combusting? There's a odd problem....

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2015, 11:03:49 pm »

Self combusting? There's a odd problem....

Indeed. They dig 3-5 blocks in and then, boom, smoke everywhere and my ponies suffocate. The thing is, it only happens to the diomenden(sp?) ponies.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2015, 07:53:02 pm »

Also been getting a weird bug...http://pastebin.com/DNCgVrHd

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2015, 03:37:09 pm »

Any chance on gettin' an ASCII version of 3.0 as well?

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2015, 08:37:28 pm »

I can't wait for this mod to be updated to the new verson.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2015, 05:27:34 pm »

I'm actually starting to work on it now. Lost a lot of time due to being hospitalized (nothing permanent) for most of December until just now, so I'll set my CKII mod aside for a while to make an update. Maybe I'll get some new ideas to implement, too.

Spoiler: Crusader Kings II (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:44:45 am by Valikdu »

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2015, 06:55:51 pm »

I wonder how making winged creatures naturally really good at climbing would effect things? I wonder if it could act like a substitute for not having flying work quite right all the time.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2015, 09:35:08 am »

I'm actually starting to work on it now. Lost a lot of time due to being hospitalized (nothing permanent) for most of December until just now, so I'll set my CKII mod aside for a while to make an update. Maybe I'll get some new ideas to implement, too.

Congrats on getting better!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40.24] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 3.0: ϟDeath Magmaticϟ
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2015, 06:10:56 pm »

The adaptation for 0.42.3 itself didn't take very long, I'll test it for now.

I wonder how making winged creatures naturally really good at climbing would effect things?

I've made them all natural climbers. I'm not sure if this can actually help the "stuck in tree" problem, so flight is disabled for now.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2015, 12:23:36 am »

I hope that the climbing will have them pathing over things even though they can't fly anymore. I just don't know how it works.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »

Well, the test for the 0.42.3-adapted version has existed for 6 years; nothing seems to be getting in the way of the location functions.

I'll think of some new implementations now.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2016, 12:33:39 pm »

...Alright, I've just had an inspiration. Endless night!
So, I'll have to make a lot of new mushroom plants to replace all the trees, which will no longer exist (except for the special ones, like the feather tree). And mushroom-trees are simpler, so it'll be less load for the CPU.

Also, I've changed things around with some of the alloys. The ones that required mithril now need star silver (and have less value); there's an alloy of dark iron and star silver called Twilight Steel (dark iron + star silver + taint crystals + coal). Creation of alloys that contain taint crystals or saronite (as well as the smelting of taintferrite, and saronite steel) now requires a Spirit Smelter building.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:48:00 pm by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:09 am »

...Oh. So, it seems that the mushroom-capped trees are bugged as of now, and their trunk stops growing at level 1. And the cap does not generate wood.

Well. Until it's fixed, I'll have to comment out the caps. The surface will have about 20 shroom-trees for various biomes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:39:19 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The inspiration doesn't let go of me.

-As there are only fungal trees in the world now, "normal" trees are gone (except for the feather trees and glumprongs, which are not processed but have an inherent value 10). Tainted wood is obtained only from creatures like timberwolves, of which there will be more.
-For convenience, butchered taintwood will be stored as 'globs' (fat stockpile), same as chitin. It is processed at the normal sawmill (the Taintwood Sawmill is gone)
-A new building, Ironbark Carpenter's Workshop, will be capable of turning taintwood logs into Ironbark using obsidian caps, and then into Steelbark using onyx spectra. Ironbark is halfway between iron and steel, Steelbark slightly superior to steel. You can make all kinds of things with them at this workshop, including weapons and armor.

-A special "tree", growing overground and underground, is the Living Adra Pillar (see Pillars of Eternity). There are also veins of adra in the ground, some of which are contaminated.
-The ex-Tainted Refinery (now Toxin Refinery) is responsible for processing contaminated adra veins. Malygite, neltharite and all the associated gems have been deprecated. Mithril creation is also deprecated, has anyone ever used it?
-The grinding of taint crystals and mixing of clay with the ground crystals has been moved to the Toxin Refinery from the Felglass furnace.
-The ex-Advanced Crystal Forge (now Adra Engineer) is responsible for processing pillar adra, and constructing arcane components using adra circuits (where previously various gems were used). Batteries are now also made there, using adra.
-Harmonic diamond reactions have been moved into a new building, the Adra Reaction Chamber. Creation of a harmonic diamond now uses adra.

-The amounts of catalysts used for most reactions has been re-examined.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:06:32 pm by Valikdu »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25