Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 123377 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.1: Dark Origins II
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2013, 12:46:41 am »

SandClockwork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.1: Dark Origins II
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2013, 04:01:00 am »

umm you know those those fluffy unicorns, i was wondering, is this what they are ?  say yes and i will love you forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRC4Vk6kisY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtwPBSnKnAsvZeKLLig774A

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Friendship is Magma Vesrion 2.2 Released
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2013, 01:47:06 pm »

The Device Has Been Modified!

Version 2.2 is done.

Spoiler: List of All Changes (click to show/hide)

Tip of the day: glob-type items are stored in the fat stockpile. That includes crystal pony/golem/star beast/Hakkari butchered crystals and beekeeping products.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:04:06 pm by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.2: The Device Has Been Modified
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2013, 02:27:35 am »

A list of features is now available in the second post. Not as detailed as the Readme, but it's... well, more easily seen.  :D

thoushaltcallmelars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2013, 10:51:54 pm »

Is there a way to run both vanilla Dwarf Fortress and a modded Dwarf Fortress at the same time? Because reading through the readme for this mod makes me want to play this mod... but I don't want to lose my ability to be a dwarf.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:54:02 pm by thoushaltcallmelars »
Overseer Lars cancels Fortress Mode; Raging at his own stupidity.

Suffice to say, I shall forever associate all dyers with Bomrek Romekas, The Dyer, who slew four dwarves (and wounded a speardwarf) and a wardog while alive, without weapons, armor, or even clothing, before rising from the dead to rip three dwarves' limbs off. Wasn't even combat with the ghost, just "<ghost> batters <dwarf>" and I look and there's a leg, a sock, and a pool of blood.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2013, 12:49:53 am »

It would go like this, I think:

-Copy the entity_default file over to the mod's raw folder, delete everything after the dwarves, add all this code to the dwarves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, find and delete these lines:

-Copy the creature_standard file over to the mod's raw folder, delete everything after the dwarves.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2013, 03:03:34 am »

Is there a way to run both vanilla Dwarf Fortress and a modded Dwarf Fortress at the same time? Because reading through the readme for this mod makes me want to play this mod... but I don't want to lose my ability to be a dwarf.

You could always keep separate installs. I have, like, 20.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »

Oops, never mind me.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2013, 02:12:36 am »

Hey.

The next version is going to feature an update to the Rainbow Factory system, among other things.

-The Factory uses most of the body components now. The Extractors (there's four now, one for each spectra type) can consume meat, fat, spinal tissue, organs and horns/hooves. Bones are not useable, for now; probably won't be until the bug is gone.
-The extraction now produces a tool item and does not need jugs anymore. The items are processed at the rainbow smelter.
-Other parts that are usually just left in the refuse (cartilage, claws, teeth) can be put through a Grinder to make Rainbow Sludge, which has more some more uses.

-Cloth made from refined tree bark.
-Drinks made from milk.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:04:28 am by Valikdu »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:15 pm »

-The Factory uses most of the body components now. The Extractors (there's four now, one for each spectra type) can consume meat, fat, spinal tissue, organs and horns/hooves. Bones are not useable, for now; probably won't be until the bug is gone.
-The extraction now produces a tool item and does not need jugs anymore. The items are processed at the rainbow smelter.
-Other parts that are usually just left in the refuse (cartilage, claws, teeth) can be put through a Grinder to make Rainbow Sludge, which has more some more uses.
Hey, that's pretty awesome. Less micromanagement for the damn jugs ;P
Just out of curiosity, though, will each pony body be able to produce much more spectra now? It sounds like that might be the case; unless you increase the amount of spectra needed to make rainbow bars it sounds like I can turn a stack of meat, organs and bones from a single dead pony into a ton of spectra (considering the sheer amount of organs any individual pony drops, it might be in the realm of one rainbow bar per pony, even).

For those of you who use raw ASCII graphics instead of tilests, you might be interested in a mod I made that changes the tiles of every sentient race to make them a bit more readable. It'll make every caste recognizable without the need to dig through descriptions and such; you can find it at DFFD.

EDIT:
Ah, hell. Do you know about the bug that stops creatures from growing after birth, Valikdu? I just now noticed that you haven't done anything to prevent it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:45:09 pm by Crazy Cow »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2013, 01:01:46 am »

Just out of curiosity, though, will each pony body be able to produce much more spectra now? It sounds like that might be the case; unless you increase the amount of spectra needed to make rainbow bars it sounds like I can turn a stack of meat, organs and bones from a single dead pony into a ton of spectra (considering the sheer amount of organs any individual pony drops, it might be in the realm of one rainbow bar per pony, even).

I'm still figuring out the amount of materials that will be needed. Maybe the output will get doubled or tripled.

Ah, hell. Do you know about the bug that stops creatures from growing after birth, Valikdu? I just now noticed that you haven't done anything to prevent it.

Actually, the current version has the fixing script in its DFHack.

For those of you who use raw ASCII graphics instead of tilests, you might be interested in a mod I made that changes the tiles of every sentient race to make them a bit more readable. It'll make every caste recognizable without the need to dig through descriptions and such; you can find it at DFFD.

Nice.

Although now that I think of it, I could actually use a tileset, too...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:22:05 am by Valikdu »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2013, 01:05:24 am »

Kurik's and not mine, I hope.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2013, 01:21:34 am »

Yeah, I think it's the 'final' Kurik's version.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2013, 03:40:03 pm »

Actually, the current version has the fixing script in its DFHack.

Ah, that makes sense; I forgot that DFHack can fix that and didn't see anything in the RAWs to address it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25