Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My boardgame isn't straight How fix do?  (Read 1191 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My boardgame isn't straight How fix do?
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »

My boardgame (Arkham Horror... I really love that game) is starting to get a big wobbly in that it isn't perfectly straight. Mostly at the creases.

Anyone have tips on how to fix that?

I am also thinking of making a Letsplay Arkham Horror with the community joining in, yet the issue is that some aspects of the game cannot be done by post (for example Clue tokens can be spent one at a time)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: My boardgame isn't straight How fix do?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 01:48:13 am »

The creases on the board itself? Usually they're made of cardboard, so there isn't much you can do. If you don't mind losing its ability to fold, you can glue it to a large panel of cardstock or cardboard to keep it rigid.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:26:59 am »

I am also thinking of making a Letsplay Arkham Horror with the community joining in, yet the issue is that some aspects of the game cannot be done by post (for example Clue tokens can be spent one at a time)

BoardGameGeek has a play by forum board for Arkham horror with some 50 or so games on it.  You can see the format the players have developed and how they handle things like spending clue tokens.  Bottom line though, it can be solved with a conditional order like, "will spend up to 3 clue tokens if necessary."
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

The creases on the board itself? Usually they're made of cardboard, so there isn't much you can do. If you don't mind losing its ability to fold, you can glue it to a large panel of cardstock or cardboard to keep it rigid.

Not a solution as that will make the board unmovable.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 07:09:26 pm »

It will just make it unable to be foled, not immobile..

Anyways, some fixed pieces to slot over the corners and creases might accomplish the same goal. Or you could set up a "frame" that would be pretty easy to break down and reassemble.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 05:20:14 am »

Ohh well doesn't matter anymore, no one liked it because it is a co-op game.