Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21399 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 24 The dark mine
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:15 pm »

April rolls out of the way of Derm's doomwave acrobatically, then turns to fire at whatever (kobold) is most dangerous.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 25 The dark mine
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:38 am »

------------
Turn 25
------------

Kobolds Turn

Spear Kobold 2
With their defense shattered the kobolds decide to go on the offensive. The first kobold decides to go for the biggest target: the huge bear that just tried to take off his head. It quickly jabs with its spear hitting the big bear in it's side. A trickle of blood stains the pristine white fur.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spear Kobold 3
After spitting out it's teeth the kobold lashes out with it's spear in a fit of panic. This apparently catches the black smith unawares and the spear finds a home in his chest. Blood gushes from the wound as the kobold draws its spear back. Caern is now bleeding heavily.
Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spear Kobold 4-7
The rest of the kobolds all swarm Facol but the bears proves to be much more agile then expected and none of the kobold manage to land in a hit.

Party's Turn

Find a shadowy corner and conceal myself out of the way of the plasma wave.

You try to find a spot to hide in but you find this particularly difficult in a tunnel and thanks to derm's glow there is little shadow to boot. In the end you fail to conceal yourself. Atleast you are behind Derm and he won't hit you with his crazy spell.
((Man, you don't seem to have much luck with the rolls.))

Plasma wave the Kobolds.

With complete disregard to your team mates you raise a hand down the tunnel and say "Plasma Undo". Red plasma springs forth from your hand and it surges down the width of the tunnel.
Grey hides behind his tower shield and Caern grabs a nearby kobold to use as a shield. It makes the most horrid scream you have ever heard as the plasma incinerates the poor kobold alive. The rest of the kobold manage to dodge the plasma wave by momentarily retreating back into the holes they came from. Big Bear Facol is much to big to follow them through the hole, in fact he takes up most of the tunnel, and with no other places to take shelter he takes the plasma wave head on, thankfully his thick bear skin helps to negate the damage somewhat. April and Duros sure are glad they were behind Derm when he cast that. Once the coast is clear the kobold jump back out of their holes, they seem to have a lot less will to fight now after seeing that spell.

Dodge Derm spell. Turn to the entrance and say 'earth wall'(blocking outside reinforcement)
Hearing the sounds from behind you gather mana and incant "Terra moenio" while slamming your palms into the ground towards the entrance. A thick earthen wall rises from the ground and slams into the ceiling of the tunnel, it completely blocks of the tunnel behind the party. This ends up being the smart move as you can hear Yips and Yaps behind the wall, but those sounds soon fade into the distance, seems like they left.

Get the hell out of the way of a good derming (priority). If then possible, melee charge nearest kobold and roar in an attempt at serious beary intimidation!
With smoking fur you charge at the kobold party and inhaly deeply to roar at them but you end up hacking and coughing as you inhale the left over smoke from the plasma, the kobold laugh at you and their morale seems to improve. Angry with their ridicule you take a swipe at one of the nearby kobold, you miss. But at least they stopped laughing.

If the spell actually goes off, dodge. Spell going off or not, try to snag a kobold and use it as a shield against any incoming damage.

As you release the chunk of burned and fused flesh that was once a kobold you realize that kobolds are pretty good shields! You try to grab another one but it seems this kobold has no intention of ending up like his friend and it steps away from your grasp, it looks with disgusted eyes at your hands where several chunks of flesh have melted onto your metal limbs.

Fire at whatever (kobold) is most dangerous.

A bang echoes through the tunnel as you fire your revolver. The bullet pierces the tail of a kobold, it winces in pain but the damage doesn't seem to bad.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:54:27 am by Zarule »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2013, 08:55:14 am »

(I thought I might get slightly swarmed. Oops. Don't let me die, comrades!)

Try to maneuver to the side of the tunnel to prevent too many kobolds flanking me. Rip off the head of the nearest kobold. And THEN roar!

No hard feelings Derm. I'm a bear.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2013, 10:10:50 am »

April takes aim and fires at another kobold, and if Facol is being flanked, one of the ones that is flanking Facol.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2013, 10:13:32 am »

"Ok, let try this."

Move to the biggest group of kobolds and smash the ground in the middle of them, casting 'shockwave' (using hammerhead as focus)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2013, 10:46:20 am »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2013, 10:55:00 am »

((with that lower jaw, no wonder there blood in his mouth before bloodshed))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 23 The dark mine
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:06 am »

"Worst way to be reminded my human half bleeds." Caern comments as he moves to avoid the kobolds and get medical supplies in his bag.

Move a bit away from the fighting and use the medical supplies from the backpack to stop the bleeding.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2013, 11:48:02 am »

"Now shaken, now stirred!" Derm cries.

Cast Mass Terror on kobolds.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2013, 12:13:17 pm »

(( No kidding, I swear if I aimed at my own team I'd fail the roll and kill the enemy. ))

Faster.

Place rune of speed on my bow, then shoot down the kobolds around Facol. (( Let me fire more then 1 shot per turn. ))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:22:33 pm by mesor »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2013, 03:29:07 pm »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

(( Hey at least I didn't try to wipe out half our own team lol. ))

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 26 The dark mine
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

------------
Turn 26
------------

Kobolds Turn

Kobold 2
The goblin takes a stab at Caern but he easily deflects the thrust with a metal limb.

Kobold 3
Seeing the smoking gun in April's hand the goblin jumps towards her and quickly thrusts his spear, April shifts in a attempt to dodge but he manages to a get a hit in on her leg.

Kobold 4
This wiser kobold sees a threat in the bird-mage and quickly takes a stab at him, but Derm proves much to agile for this clumsy kobold and he ends up missing his target completely.

Kobold 5
His friends agrees and also takes a stab at Derm with his spear but the results are the same as Derm easily dodges the awkward thrust.

Kobold 6
Feeling much more confident after that failed roar the kobold takes a confident stab at Facol with it's spear. It ends up being just a few inches short however and Facol bats away the spear with his claw with a amused grunt.

Party's Turn

Try to maneuver to the side of the tunnel to prevent too many kobolds flanking me. Rip off the head of the nearest kobold. And THEN roar!

You try to make yourself a less obvious target by moving to the side of the tunnel but this ends up doing little as your size takes up about half of the tunnel to begin with. You jump the kobold that tried to attack you earlier and with a swipe of your claw you take it's head clean off. As the head rolls off into the darkness you roar once again but instead of hearing the roar of a bear you hear the quacking of a duck. You suspect that something went wrong when you transformed.

April takes aim and fires at another kobold, and if Facol is being flanked, one of the ones that is flanking Facol.
Seeing Facol's success you decide to focus in the kobold trying to kill you instead. You fire of another bullet at the kobold in front of you, this time you hit it in the leg doing a bit more damage to it then last time.

Move to the biggest group of kobolds and smash the ground in the middle of them, casting 'shockwave' (using hammerhead as focus)
You head to the couple of kobolds in front of Derm and swing your hammer into the ground between the two of them as you incant the spell "Concursores Undo". The ground between the two kobold crack as you strike it and a small shock wave emanates from your hammer pushing them roughly into the sides of the tunnel.
((Yup, Shock wave is two words not one. Unless you were talking about the software which I doubt.))

Move a bit away from the fighting and use the medical supplies from the backpack to stop the bleeding.
Seeing that the wound won't stop bleeding any time soon you take leave of your opponent by backing up. The kobold doesn't seem to have to much interest in following and stays back with it's shield raised. In the heat of the battle you rummage through your pack and find some medical supplies. You get to work and while you do not manage to stop the bleeding entirely you do manage to slow it down somewhat.

Cast Mass Terror on kobolds.

"Missa terror!" you yell out with your hands outstretched toward the kobolds. While your spell itself isn't particularly powerful it is just enough to push the kobolds into a panic with their morale already so dangerously low. The remaining kobolds are now panicked and are trying to escape further down into the tunnels.

Place rune of speed on my bow, then shoot down the kobolds around Facol.
Ignoring the battle a few feet from you sit down onto the floor and grab a small knife from your backpack. You get to work on your bow with the knife but halfway through you realize that your bow is made out of just normal wood and would most likely be destroyed by the raw magic of your patron without a magic core or special material to contain it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »

"Faster"
Use magic to make time pass slower for me then anybody else.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:44:26 pm by mesor »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2013, 04:08:55 pm »

Take a bit of a rest as my teammates clean up shop. Try to first aid some of these remaining wounds I have.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21