Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: The Shaping of the Formless Void OOC  (Read 23675 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shaping of the Formless Void OOC
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2012, 08:25:26 pm »

Oh god im an idiot......, the messed up text always said what it said......

I was getting hundreds of little squares, and thoughtthere was a hidden message......

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2012, 08:33:10 pm »

The hundreds of squares!!!!!!

Why was teh forum down?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

The board couldn't handle my corrupting influence and crashed. Such is the power of the Mad God!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2012, 10:20:58 pm »

The board couldn't handle my corrupting influence and crashed. Such is the power of the Mad God!
You call THAT little bit of Zalgo 'corrupting'? Bah. Take a look in the You At Final Boss thread, a few pages back from where it is now. The amount of Zalgo I've poured into my rants eclipse yours like a thousand suns.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2012, 10:38:31 pm »

It was a log table getting corrupted. That's why the message noted that there was a database error.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2012, 10:45:16 pm »

You call THAT little bit of Zalgo 'corrupting'? Bah. Take a look in the You At Final Boss thread, a few pages back from where it is now. The amount of Zalgo I've poured into my rants eclipse yours like a thousand suns.
I see no corruption. Therefore, I am better at Zalgo than you.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2012, 11:06:40 pm »

I see no corruption. Therefore, I am better at Zalgo than you.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113993.msg3876090#msg3876090
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113993.msg3672739#msg3672739
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113993.msg3678570#msg3678570
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113993.msg3704135#msg3704135
There are other examples.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2012, 11:18:33 pm »

6/10. Slightly above average zalgoing.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2012, 10:55:32 am »

Hello everybody! First of all, thanks for being patient. I was all ready to do the miniturn/spoiler update yesterday when Ye Olde Database Error struck. Here's the OOC post I was about to send (good thing I'm paranoid about losing big bay12 post):

Is it still possible to join? If so, can I just jump in and start commanding my presence?
Damn, I think I broke my mind just reading the last mod's post.
What's the difference between forces, substances and concepts?

Yes, you can still join but as of the time that this post is posted I'm not going to allow any more players. So you just managed to grab the last slot :) . You can post actions for your presence for next turn. Today will be the racial/cosmic entity/spoiler updates/people whose actions I missed entirely turn. The exact difference between forces, substances and concepts is a little vague, but generally substances represent.... well, stuff that things are made of. Forces do this too sometimes, but have a greater impact on the general universe and do.... what they'd do, I guess? So theBlue Cube is made of Blue, but there are also plenty of things made from Heat while it also acts as... Heat in the universe. Concepts are generally more nebulous (or have been so far). They can be used to make things (the order avatar springs to mind). When Jbg97 hurled the concept of Chaos at the Temporal Prison, it didn't have a physical impact, but make the avatar conversion process easier.

There's going to be some stuff with the spoiler turn under a big sign that says READ THIS, the gist of which is that, to help keep this running relatively smoothly there will now be a limit for actions each turn. Basically, everyone can take three actions and oppose/support one action of another presence. You may use some/ all of the three actions to oppose/support the actions of another presence if you like. What you can't do is oppose the same action 4 times in the same turn (i.e. block the madness being, block the madness being, etc) or spam the same action (destroy X, destroy X, etc). Contingent actions are fine, like "make dragons, if successful, give them gemhorns, etc).

Finally, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and the day after is Christmas. I'm not sure how this will effect the next main turn, but seeing as there is likely to be a lot of celebrating* with relatives, there may be a period of no updates. Then again, I might have to relieve the holiday boredom. Depends on how things work out. Basically, don't panic if there's no updates over the next few days, it not dead :).   

* Note for non-native speakers, during the month of December, the word "celebrate" is synonymous with "drink heavily".   

Finally, I like how everyone keeps being all "Hmm, what's a decent ad hoc building material? Oh yeah, those creatures made of pure, animate madness. You know, those things made by the embodiment of madness, violence and chaos? Yeah, that thing? Nah, it won't care that we're screwing with its stuff. Incorporating madness into all of our works to an extent that the Being of Madness, Chaos and Violence could never accomplish on its own? Great!".

From today:

Seeing as its now Christmas Eve, and I'm celebrating, there likely won't be any updates over the next few days (I have a feeling the next two days will have, amongst many other holiday related things, much time in which I have to "fix" new items of technology received by family members which is "broken" in such ways as not being plugged in, linked to their Amazon account or through being operated by people who consider a touchscreen to be Heavy Machinery (and who have been celebrating :).) Fear not though, this is still most complicated, insane fun (and Fun) that I've had in a while on bay12 and will not be disappearing any time soon. I mean, fuck, this whole Order/Chaos war is just starting to get interesting. Merry St. Punched-an-impious-bishop-and-a-pagan-and-murdered-some-pagan-whores Eve! 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:57:08 am by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2012, 11:04:35 am »

Great, even the creator can't explain this stuff adequately. :D

Can concepts be used for building anything other than avatars? Why do they have kilos next to them? How do you even measure peace or law?! That's like I just don't even.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2012, 11:11:38 am »

Concepts could be used for building, like the pure madness creatures, or heat, but substances are better,  most concepts have power in them to symbolize strength in the concept( like how violence had power taken away, so -2 to all violent actions, I imagine if chaos was powerful, it would get a +1)
It is just measured through how much is in the universe I guess.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2012, 11:13:33 am »

Just for the record, I've been taking energy from the HMC because I don't mind weakening them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2012, 11:23:21 am »

Wait, do energy beings made of concepts weaken things made of opposing concepts?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2012, 11:26:31 am »

I guess it would depend on the concept, right now, a being of order would get a penalty from doing chaotic actions
A being of heat would get no penalties(so far)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2012, 11:33:07 am »

Hm.

So if I made a person from order and law, if he approached a madness creature, it'd be cringing from this creature that is so different from it fundamentally, and either lash out or run?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34