Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Your last mad giggle?  (Read 4583 times)

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your last mad giggle?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 10:12:14 am »

The first time goblins fell and broke their necks in a pit trap:D

Also... Lead pipes/cistern:D:D:D:D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:14:05 am by PainRack »

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 12:48:09 pm »

Hohoho, Im on the verge of giggling at my hunter/gatherer dwarven civilization's success! Fly, you bone bolts! Fly you fools!
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 01:06:38 pm »

When I first set up an execution pit with a savage animal waiting at the bottom.

Gobbos dropped ten z-levels to usually shatter their legs and occasionally their buttocks before getting torn into by the waiting giant copperhead snake. At some point it ripped a gobbo head straight off in one bite. Other times it took its sweet time by gnawing on their lower bodies and injecting venom with every bite. One time I believe it bit a goblin's not-shattered buttcheek right off before strangling it to death. By the time the fort fell the bottom of the pit was a mess of red and blue and purple blood reaching up to five levels above and the snake had a very long name.

Every time I dropped a goblin I chuckled a bit.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »

Had a snooty elf giving me grief.  Ordered the military to kick his ass, but they were all sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.  A patriotic hunter gut-shot an eagle so it dropped out of the sky right on the elf.  Then it proceeded to roll around in agony covering the elf in blood and vomit.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

When half of my fort fell into a volcano. This included probably 80% of the 160 or so bedrooms, most of which were occupied.

Waiting for a merchant caravan of some ten or eleven wagons (the total number of merchants made up nearly one and a half pages on the 'u'nits screen) to load up in the trade depot, then ordering my squad of 10 Legendary Dodger/Armor User/Shield User/Axedwarves to kill everything. Then ordering the same squad to turn around and utterly decimate the 150-strong goblin siege that showed up at the gates about half a minute later. I didn't even losing a single dwarf in all of this (any dwarf in the military, anyway), with an awesome bonus of I-don't-even-know-how-much meat from slaughtered mounts and pack animals.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »

When half of my fort fell into a volcano. This included probably 80% of the 160 or so bedrooms, most of which were occupied.

Waiting for a merchant caravan of some ten or eleven wagons (the total number of merchants made up nearly one and a half pages on the 'u'nits screen) to load up in the trade depot, then ordering my squad of 10 Legendary Dodger/Armor User/Shield User/Axedwarves to kill everything. Then ordering the same squad to turn around and utterly decimate the 150-strong goblin siege that showed up at the gates about half a minute later. I didn't even losing a single dwarf in all of this (any dwarf in the military, anyway), with an awesome bonus of I-don't-even-know-how-much meat from slaughtered mounts and pack animals.

How do you get so many wagons?

Also, what is your embark size and what kind of FPS are you getting? How tall is the volcano? I'm interested in re-starting my "dwarven capitol" map so as not to get a huge FPS loss, and that includes a volcano (and HFS fortress).

Last mad giggle in Dwarf Fortress would be testing out the Crafteddreams lava cannon (the 2D succession fort) and incinerating the entire landscape.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:43:54 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 04:49:51 pm »

How the hell did you manage that?

Fujuki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 07:26:21 pm »

My last mad giggle happened a few hours ago. I got DFHack installed, but I only ever used it for the clean all utility because it feels too much like a cheat to use it. That changed tonight, when I got to finally exploring all its functions.
I found out you can make some things "get" pregnant instantaneously:

The Hack.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here I've gotten a good batch going, starting with a few tied up female goblin invaders and thieves.

The Aftermath.

MFW I realized I decked the halls with goblin baby blood...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 07:31:43 pm »

Oh hell. This may turn into a "worst thing you've done" thread. We all know how bad that is.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 07:38:56 pm »

Let me think...

I would say that it happened when I found out that in a fort I was playing with a friend, in succession fortress format, the massive citadel I constructed underneath the surface, above the first cavern, allowed a forgotten beast to swim up the canals that dumped into the first cavern layer into the fortress during his turn.  Also during his turn, there was a tantrum spiral that was caused by the dwarf named after me, and the militia commander charging a goblin crossbow ambush squad while the rest of the militia was scattered that began when a glitched migrant was killed and all the dwarves rushed out to claim its items at the end of my turn.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 01:53:06 am »

The time I had some forgoten beast or other get into the layer of the fortress that had been entirly mined out and started chasing a child around in large cirles accross the entire map. Mean while my military is chasing the beast. It was scooby do as imagined by tim burton.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 08:11:17 am »

When my first magma project was put into use: the magma doorstop. Nothing like burninating an entire goblin siege.

When my perpetual motion mine cart invader trap was first used. Love seeing invaders bashed to death.

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 08:16:49 am »

There was a kitten strolling down one of the minecart tunnels one day. It was minding its own business, happy as can be, when a minecart loaded with ores roared down and ran it over. It broke multiple bones and suffered cuts, and tried to drag itself towards safety. That same minecart comes back down the track and runs it over again, this time empty. More broken bones, more cuts. This time it passes out. Then the cart comes back full, runs it over. The cart comes back, runs it over. The cart comes back full, runs it over. This happens several more times, each time it suffers more injuries and falls unconscious every time. Blood has covered the hallway, and the kitten finally succumbs to its wounds. We cleared it out later, when the minecart was taken offline for a bit while I changed what stones were in the stockpile it loaded from.

All the while I was giggling like a madman.

help.. i can't breathe

Last mad giggle I had was when I first learned how to use traps and floodgates properly.
Nothing like watching Goblins slowly drown to brighten up my long sleepless nights playing this game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:23:16 am by Freke »

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »

pulling the lever that lowered the drawbridges in my new hall of death leting my tame dragons see the goblins inside through the fortifications.  we had barbeque that night.

another trap hall composed entierly of retracting bridges riged to go off when a dog behind glass spots invaders.  Dog trips a plate that causes every bridge to retract at once and there is no real floor in that room over a 5 zlvl drop that I can fill with whatever I want.  Cave crocs? a series of minecart grinders?  Water?  Magma? freshly formed obsidian statues of goblins?  the posibilitys are endless

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »

Several months ago, I had a necromancer siege.
I send my military, and they instantly die.

So, instead, I try to bait all the zombies in my fort. One dwarf runs outside, and a load of zombies runs after him. They both have about the same agility, so the dwarf is running for a long time. I amused myself by playing Yakety Sax, and then I giggled for a few minutes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4