Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Modern  (Read 1195 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Modern
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:53:20 pm »

I was just curious if anyone had gone to the trouble to make a modern DF mod yet something like war hammer 40K or shadow run? fantasy universe jumped forward?
If not i was considering doing it myself.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: DF Modern
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »

Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:18:25 pm »

I direct you to Underhive Settlement 1.4.2.

Not exactly what i meant... this is war hammer 40K im looking for somthing LIKE war hammer 40K but ya know... still Dwarf fortress
This is a pretty outdated one at that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:24:18 pm »

You might want to check the stickied community mods list then and see if anything catches your eye, since I don't know of anything that works out to be exactly what you are looking for.

Considering that its last update was about five hours ago I highly doubt that it is outdated. :P
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:28:27 pm »

You might want to check the stickied community mods list then and see if anything catches your eye, since I don't know of anything that works out to be exactly what you are looking for.

Considering that its last update was about five hours ago I highly doubt that it is outdated. :P

1.4.2. Arent we on version like 0.34.11?

Also ^ ^  I just wanna make sure nobody else has done this is all... ya know? like Dwarf and elf police officers and other modern day stuff such as guns being used more then melee weapons.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 05:30:31 pm »

1.4.2 refers to the mod version number, not the game version that it runs on.

And even if it did, it would be ahead of where we currently are, considering we are currently in 0.34.11 ;D

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:42:20 pm »

1.4.2 refers to the mod version number, not the game version that it runs on.

And even if it did, it would be ahead of where we currently are, considering we are currently in 0.34.11 ;D

^ ^  alright alright but its still not what im looking for... frankly i just wanna make sure if im gunna put alot of effort into something i wanna make sure its not already been done by somone better... i mean im a talented modder but im no Deon my error logs are usually huge.