Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Toady might be getting a big donation soon  (Read 20401 times)

Happy Zippo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toady might be getting a big donation soon
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

I wish Toady One many happy Dwarf bucks and shiny days to come. Have you SEEEEEN the amount of animals this man has coded?

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »

I don't think Toady is hurting for money, at least, not to the point that it's preventing him from coding because he has to go work some random non-DF job, anyway. So if he's making a living, this would be more like getting a big Christmas bonus. It's not like he can code any faster just because you wave money in his face. From my perspective--once you have enough money to live on, any more is just icing on the cake, which you could very well donate to a random programmer whose game you enjoy, without missing the extra cash at all.

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2012, 10:50:10 pm »

It would be really nice if some buisness man pledged like a 5 year subscription for proper vitamins, milk, eggs, meat, maybe hire a personal chef. Something that will help him with his health so he stops drinking pop as sustinence.
I don't understand this "health" bit. I overlooked much proposedly half-slander against Toady's health while reading that /v/ thread, but I didn't know it was real. What syndrome of our real world has stricken Toady? Is it hereditary or picked up from some unfortunate situation?
That's just their bad language, don't take anything on 4chan as fact or it WILL corrupt your mind with unfathomable tentacles. Bad metaphor, but appropriate nonetheless. In general it's a half compliment half total insult. They're not very good at being nice or bad.
Then by that logic, 4chan is a neutral forums board, not unlike our place. Of course, we all treat each other more mannerly like serious gentlemen should.
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2012, 10:57:01 pm »

Neutral forum board means?  Like free-for-all, most sujects unbarred?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2012, 11:07:45 pm »

That certainly fits 4chan if you describe it like that. Though you'd need the emphasize the plural boards, not just board.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2012, 03:15:02 am »

That certainly fits 4chan if you describe it like that. Though you'd need the emphasize the plural boards, not just board.
I was under the impression that the other boards were decoys as I have not seen a topic that has not been discussed on /tg/.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2012, 07:00:36 pm »

It would be really nice if some buisness man pledged like a 5 year subscription for proper vitamins, milk, eggs, meat, maybe hire a personal chef. Something that will help him with his health so he stops drinking pop as sustinence.
I don't understand this "health" bit. I overlooked much proposedly half-slander against Toady's health while reading that /v/ thread, but I didn't know it was real. What syndrome of our real world has stricken Toady? Is it hereditary or picked up from some unfortunate situation?
That's just their bad language, don't take anything on 4chan as fact or it WILL corrupt your mind with unfathomable tentacles. Bad metaphor, but appropriate nonetheless. In general it's a half compliment half total insult. They're not very good at being nice or bad.

I've never been to 4chan. I know bullshit when I see it. :D
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2012, 09:07:08 pm »

Are you sure you haven't been to 4chan before? That could fit in there, maybe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2013, 11:29:00 pm »

And thats that, I suppose. Answer get.
Quote from: January '13 Report
December:  $3916.84
November:  $4054.83
October:   $3579.58
September: $2712.83
August:    $3594.48
July:      $3905.02
June:      $3599.86
May:       $4814.94
April:     $4623.70
March:     $6777.02
February: $12586.51
January:   $3689.27
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2013, 11:32:49 pm »

And thats that, I suppose. Answer get.
Quote from: January '13 Report
December:  $3916.84
November:  $4054.83
October:   $3579.58
September: $2712.83
August:    $3594.48
July:      $3905.02
June:      $3599.86
May:       $4814.94
April:     $4623.70
March:     $6777.02
February: $12586.51
January:   $3689.27
Welp, no loss no gain, at least it was a fraction of a publicity scheme around the video game board, even though they know the game already.
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2013, 11:37:35 pm »

PESSIMISTS 1, OPTIMISTS 0.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2013, 11:38:10 pm »

PESSIMISTS 1, OPTIMISTS 0.
But what about the Engineers?
/badjoke
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2013, 03:00:43 am »

Sadly busted. :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2013, 03:10:41 am »

Ahh yes, They've been sapped of enthusiasim.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:33 pm »

You guys got trolled hard by 4chan. Not that I am happy with that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7