Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Toady might be getting a big donation soon  (Read 20391 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Toady might be getting a big donation soon
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2012, 02:24:33 am »

It would be really nice if some buisness man pledged like a 5 year subscription for proper vitamins, milk, eggs, meat, maybe hire a personal chef. Something that will help him with his health so he stops drinking pop as sustinence.

I would be Toady's personal chef. You hear that, businessmen who might be able to pay me to feed Toady?

endoric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:47 am »

i voted for bay 12 dwarf fortress

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2012, 04:09:33 am »

It would be really nice if some buisness man pledged like a 5 year subscription for proper vitamins, milk, eggs, meat, maybe hire a personal chef. Something that will help him with his health so he stops drinking pop as sustinence.

I would be Toady's personal chef. You hear that, businessmen who might be able to pay me to feed Toady?
2 dolla?
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2012, 11:12:37 am »

2 dolla?
I ain't giving ya tree fitty, you damn Loch Ness Monster!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2012, 11:30:24 am »

Did he get the donation?
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 11:49:07 am »

Did he get the donation?
Like I said earlier, we'll know in a fortnight or so. Donations are part of the monthly report.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »

Maybe this is the person who won the 300mil+ powerball.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

endoric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »

Like I said earlier, we'll know in a fortnight or so.

is that a dwarf fort'ress'night?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »

I think he meant "two weeks"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 08:02:16 pm »

If I had a lot of money to throw around I'd totally give a bunch to further Dwarf Fortress along. I hope this is legit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2012, 08:06:23 pm »

I don't understand this "health" bit. I overlooked much proposedly half-slander against Toady's health while reading that /v/ thread, but I didn't know it was real. What syndrome of our real world has stricken Toady? Is it hereditary or picked up from some unfortunate situation?
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2012, 08:21:35 pm »

I don't understand this "health" bit. I overlooked much proposedly half-slander against Toady's health while reading that /v/ thread, but I didn't know it was real. What syndrome of our real world has stricken Toady? Is it hereditary or picked up from some unfortunate situation?

ToadyOne, on more then one occasion, has confessed to very poor health habits (like drinking way too much Coke soft drink). Most of the DF community are just concerned with his health, and hope he can work on his health so he is in peek condition when working on Dwarf Fortress (and as well as for his own health of course).
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:01 pm »

I'm still curious if the concern for his health is more out of genuine care for Toady or just a desire for the long promised DF 1.0.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

Probably the latter. I.e; Toady must live to be at least 65, and throughout that time, capable of working on his life's project. Or we'll all be very sad. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 09:56:51 pm »

That's just their bad language, don't take anything on 4chan as fact or it WILL corrupt your mind with unfathomable tentacles. Bad metaphor, but appropriate nonetheless. In general it's a half compliment half total insult. They're not very good at being nice or bad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7