Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mods for Adv mode  (Read 3841 times)

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mods for Adv mode
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »

So I've been playing Adv mode a lot more lately and really want to expand it but, its REALLY hard to find mods for it that are "good". In the sense of add stuff I want like crafting etc. Search come up with nothing half the time, and when they do its not that good.  I figured instead of relying on a compute, how about people who use them?
I also know nothing about setting things like this pu so if it requires a lf it of work it may be to much, I'm not computer savvy.

Here is a list of somethings I want
Crafting\tanning\forging\making whatsyamacallti
Magic
tows\places for the other races
add more skills\make the skills already there affect more
Some sort of relation ships thing, where people can hate\like you, love or what not is not needed but if you find one with it I wont turn it down

I by no means need all and if you even suggest one that more then enough for me
and if you happen to know a good place to find these things let me know and I WILL do it my self then :)

Thanks

I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Mods for Adv mode
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:11:32 am »

Wanderer's Friend has some good crafting, and is probably the most complete crafting mod available. I do use a watered-down version of it that doesn't affect creature/material definitions (which the mod does) that will work easily with other mods, in case you already have a bunch of other mods installed and are too lazy, like me, to go and fiddle with all those creature/material/tissue files and whatnot in order to make the mods play nice. If you don't already have a total conversion mod or something of the like, then you probably have no reason not to use the full version of Wanderer's Friend.

For magic, I have one uploaded myself that currently doesn't have many conflicts, as long as you don't have a mod that changes creature_standard.txt. Or if you already do, then you can cut creature_standard.txt out of my mod before extracting it, and it won't override that other mod's changes. You can find it here. Go nuts, but I warn you; take elemental mages and shamans/witchdoctors as a serious threat, because they are!
There are a bunch of other magic mods on the DFFD, and some more listed on the forums. I had another one in mind, but you'll have to wait a moment while I try to find the damn thing again.

For making the other races use towns, you can simply edit the files yourself. It's really quite quick and easy, and I can show you how to do it. Keep in mind that in the next update, Toady will be re-adding all the other sites, making these modifications obsolete.
If you want some new races to play with, check out the Vilous mod by Darklord92; he's done a really good job, and they're fairly fun to play with.

You can't currently add more skills, and there's not really a whole lot you can do with them currently mod-wise, other than make more weapons utilizing the skills and giving creatures and playable races natural starting skills/varying skill learning/rust rates. I have no idea whether affecting relationships is currently possible without straight-up hacking the game with DFhack.

[Edit]

Found that other magic/secrets/werewolves n'shit mod again; it's Fear the Night!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:20:44 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:37 am »

So I added the files for the first mod and so FAR evreyting works, knowing me I some how managed to make it where forgotten beast replace boogie men, but so far it works, thanks.

I'll add the thers AFTER I get used to the first one,
I dont like adding mods in masses as i like to know which each one dose etc.

Dont let this discouraging anyone else, if you know a mod let me know I'm willing to try many
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:43:02 am »

Fear the night is really fun if you require a challenge plus it adds tons of new necromancy classes and tons of more werebeast and 3-4 vamp curses

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:14:21 am »

A bit of self promotion here. Genesis Reborn mod allows you to tan and craft, different animals have different leather tiers (suede, leather, hide, dragonscale), there are spells and custom secrets and you can order your companions to drop/wear items and stuff like that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 12:01:41 pm »

How do you order companions around? What manner of witchcraft is this?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 02:23:07 pm »

A bit of self promotion here. Genesis Reborn mod allows you to tan and craft, different animals have different leather tiers (suede, leather, hide, dragonscale), there are spells and custom secrets and you can order your companions to drop/wear items and stuff like that.
I got it two days ago

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.0

Both modes. It's fun to shoot a Kobold's left buttock off with a coarse mithril arrow.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:25:22 pm by Scootagoose »
Unf.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »

knowing me I some how managed to make it where forgotten beast replace boogie men, but so far it works, thanks.

How did you manage to make the nights that FUN?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »

How do you order companions around? What manner of witchcraft is this?

DFHack.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 11:50:07 pm »

Well... Honestly I figured Dfhack was about the only option. Suppose I should take a look and figure out exactly how it's being done.
I make Spellcrafts!

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 05:47:50 am »

Is there any mod with healing options in adventure mode? It's a bit too frustrating atm.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 06:18:44 am »

Is there any mod with healing options in adventure mode? It's a bit too frustrating atm.

Healing as in what? The shaman orc caste in Masterwork has an increased healing rate which allows healing of nerves, bones etc at a high rate, but you cannot regain lost limbs and things like that.

Really though adventure mode would be a lot more boring if you didnt die so easily, because there really isnt much to do except fight things. When the next patch comes maybe there will be more to explore.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 06:49:10 am »

Healing as in what? The shaman orc caste in Masterwork has an increased healing rate which allows healing of nerves, bones etc at a high rate, but you cannot regain lost limbs and things like that.

Really though adventure mode would be a lot more boring if you didnt die so easily, because there really isnt much to do except fight things. When the next patch comes maybe there will be more to explore.

I don't think it's frustrating to die so easily, i rather would like there to be at least some ways to cure some damages. If there are necromancers and undead, why can't there be some shaman or healer you could pay for healing?

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 12:34:33 pm »

It'd be a nice twist if you got quests to kill difficulty >= 8 monsters to get healed.

oh_no
Pages: [1] 2