Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where am I  (Read 739 times)

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where am I
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:25:20 pm »

I was travelling in a town when the infraestructure screen told me I was over something like a temple (dont remember the name but sounded like that). I entered a big square room with pasages around that had many dead peasants in spaces nex to the walls. I started sneaking and found a room with a coffin wich I leaved inmediatelly (having heard the mummy stories) and afterwards I found a captain wich saw me and almost killed me before I ran leaving my companions to die (I blame them for being spoted). Ath the bottom of the big square room Ive found a big pool of ice. I am not taking many risks becouse I am an unexperienced hero.

So where am I? IF THIS IS A TEMPLE THEN WHERE IS THE PRIEST?

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Where am I
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:39:20 pm »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the temples in towns are just where the town buries all of its (non-mummified) dead.  I think this is different from a tomb, which will be marked with a "0" on the map, and will contain tons of traps, zombies, and a mummy.  I explored temple for a bit and found nothing but dead bodies, and no mummies.  I've heard that they can be connected up with the sewers, which can contain all kinds of enemies, but I didn't find any enemies (or any loot) inside the one temple I explored.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend exploring sewers, tombs, or anything like that as a new adventurer, as it's pretty boring and relatively easy to get lost.  I'd start out with getting a bunch of decent companions from keeps/fortresses, and then asking townspeople what you can do for "service" and killing whatever monsters/bandits they send you after.  You can also ask them about "surroudings", and they will sometimes give you the location of nearby enemies, but this could include really tough enemies right from the start, whereas the townspeople will only ask you to kill relatively easy enemies until you have successfully completed a few quests.

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:43:54 pm »

Revisited the coffin room and a mummy came up and revived a bunch of peasants. I am dead now. The mummy never cursed anyone, I think it didnt needed to. It was the mummy of a fisherman and carried a knife.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:52:23 pm »

Yup.  Stay out of the halls of the dead if you can hep it.  Go to the keep and access the underground through that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:15 pm »

They all connect to each other anyway, most of the time. I've even found a town that generated in such a way that the sewers emptied into a river, which you could swim up to access the sewers, which were connected to the mummy room with stairs leading straight up to the keep. It was insane.

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »

The mummy was very close to the big square room.

What I donīt know is if I entered trough a temple and why was there no priests.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 09:05:23 pm »

The mummy was very close to the big square room.

What I donīt know is if I entered trough a temple and why was there no priests.

Not all temples have priests. I think I've only been in one in the many worlds I've generated that actually had one.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:08:37 pm »

He hides, the temple is a big place, with mulpitle doors and levels. It also open, so he could have went for a short walk down the road.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »

He hides, the temple is a big place, with mulpitle doors and levels. It also open, so he could have went for a short walk down the road.

He could have also wandered down below and is in fact one of the many corpses you find. ;)

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:28 am »

The local gouverment was very religious, but inept or hypocrite since they didnīt put any security on the temple.