Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: SPACE HULK - BATTLE BROTHERS, ASSEMBLE! "MOAR HULK" The Emperor Cried!  (Read 16011 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 02:19:50 pm »

I'm not... I'm not sure I understand. Is this from WH40K?

More or less. Space Hulk is a table top game about trying to get your Terminators from Point A to B, accomplishing some objectives, while you get bum rushed by never-ending swarms of multi-armed aliens. It's all about locking down corridors so you don't get surrounded while steadily advancing. Your guns shread them while their claws shred you. Originally it was a 1v1 game but the computer games add AI. And now I guess this version will add co-op so you can control one fire team while your friend controls another.

Hence, Space Marines are sometimes sent onto them to recover these things, which has a tendency to go.....badly.

Technically, they're there to cleanse them before they drift near inhabited planets/ships and vomit Genestealers everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:22:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:43 pm »

Hence, Space Marines are sometimes sent onto SPACE HULK to recover these things, which has a tendency to go.....badly.

Technically, they're there to cleanse SPACE HULK before SPACE HULK drift near inhabited planets/ship and vomit Genestealers everywhere.
Sure, but of all the places in the universe where you could find a STC, SPACE HULK rates fairly high. And you know how the Mechanicum gets about STCs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 03:41:04 pm »

Hence, Space Marines are sometimes sent onto SPACE HULK to recover these things, which has a tendency to go.....badly.

Technically, they're there to cleanse SPACE HULK before SPACE HULK drift near inhabited planets/ship and vomit Genestealers everywhere.
Sure, but of all the places in the universe where you could find a STC, SPACE HULK rates fairly high. And you know how the Mechanicum gets about STCs.
They wrench entire ships from these things, pre-heresy and Age of technology old ships, they have these things under the things to invade in the thousands with everything we got category.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 04:01:39 pm »

Huh. Cool. Always liked Space Hulk. In fact, I was just talking about it last night!

Played the original DOS version a ton back in the day. I liked the second version as well, but it was a bit buggy on my computer.

I also have the actual boardgame. Need to play that some more, we only got through a few missions.

I will have to watch this one. It'd be fun to have a new version.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »

EET METAHL!!!!

I wonder if the graphics update retains the floppy lipped briefings?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 05:05:00 pm »

In the Dark Future of the 41st Millennium, there are only Floppy Lips.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:31 pm »

I have the latest iteration of the board game, but of course I can't find anyone around here to play with :P
I tried to run an online game once, but it turned into a total cluster-frag as everyone tried to run every which-way.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: SPACE HULK
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »

You know what would be cool though. I've always wanted a Space Hulk adventure with something other than just Tyranids. Like, Space Hulk with warp monstrosities and daemons. I guess the whole system is built around Tyranids though, but I don't think it'd be that hard to modify.
I've always wanted to see Space Hulk with other factions taking the Space Marine's role. Obviously with some rule edits.

I'm fairly sure I remember rules for these being published at various times in white dwarf for at least one version of the boardgame, many, many years ago.

There was also a seperate boardgame in a somewhat similar style involving marines assaulting tryanid hiveships.

There would certainly be plenty of room for a new game to do expansions into different kinds of ships and opponents, Ork Roks, Tyranind hive ships, Necron facilities and so on.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »

I want to see the Imperial Guard invade a Space Hulk. Knowing their luck the entire thing will Warpshift just as soon as they start to make headway.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »

I want to see the Imperial Guard invade a Space Hulk. Knowing their luck the entire thing will Warpshift just as soon as they start to make headway.

The Hulk dissapears into the Warp. The brave men and women of the Imperial guard find caches of ancient weapons and armor within the hulk, and use these relics to defeat the Genestealers.

The Hulk then draws near a planet engulfed in Chaos. The Imperial Guard attempts to Cleanse the planet, but are twisted in turn by the dark gods.

In the end, a new Chaos Army emerges. The Chaos Guard!

Sounds like it could be a neat book, actually.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »

Space Hulk Imperial Guard Edition would be easy. You just put 3 guys on one tile and the 'stealers kill them all as normal ;D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »

See, I was thinking four to a tile. You can aim all four in any direction, to either focus fire or cover multiple directions. Downside is the fact that they're armed with some of the weakest weapons in the lore and suck at close combat :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »

Lasguns are actually not as weak as everyone portrays them as. In the lore a single lasgun can breech Space Marine armor, albeit only slightly. It just so happens that everyone the Guard comes up against is either extremely tough, extremely numerous, or both.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 07:17:41 pm »

Oh sure, they're strong from our standpoint. But in a universe where your weapon has an AP of "-" you're basically out of luck.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:34 pm »

SPACE HULK!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11