Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendlies in dungeon  (Read 1329 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Friendlies in dungeon
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:34:22 am »

So Im in a dungeon where there appears to be several non-hostile creatures. Including a commander and a captain. (There are also few hostile creatures). Are these bandits which dont recognize me as a hostile for some random reason?

When I reported kills to the commander he didnt say "thats good etc" and he also didnt say "foreign news dont help us". He said I love such stories. Also when I ask him about his profession and family he says I rather not talk about the past. So in essence can I kill him, take his loot and report his death to the joy of normal civilians?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...
Re: Friendlies in dungeon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:36 am »

Sounds like they may be bandits from a civ you're at war with. I've noticed if you piss off the non-bandits of a civ, the bandits like you, and this is how they react.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:52:44 am »

I've seen that before. You need to talk to them about the dungeon (they should have that option), after that they will turn hostile immediately.
You can even exploit this by starting to sneak while they are friendly, talk to them and then kill them whithout being seen.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:28:44 am »

I just lobbed the commanders head off with my steel halberd before he could react. Still got my reputation for it and the whole dungeon instantly turned hostile. He dropped his masterworked longsword, helm and breastplate all made out of steel.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:26:49 pm »

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I started out as an outsider?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:26 pm »

Something similar happened to me once. I went to a bandit camp, met a friendly bandit and recruited him. Then I met his boss, who was still hostile, and my friend stabbed me in the back.

I survived and killed them all. That adventurer still hasn't died.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 08:12:39 am »

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I started out as an outsider?
No, I had that with a non-outsider dwarf. I thought it could have to do with my adventurer not having heard about the bandit group, because they turned hostile after talking, but I'm not sure.