Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]  (Read 15048 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 0: Welcome to Hell]
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 11:57:37 pm »

Turn 1: Introduction

"What in room" I mutter "maybe fire? There is fire in black smith. Maybe fire in devil throne too?"
You check in your room, which is to say a room which you suppose is yours now. They're all the same, small but adorned with a bed, armoire, small chest, and end table.

I head for my room to see what is there then I go to the smith, to see what happens there.
Well, it could be worse, he supposed. Not.

"Hrmm? Who wants to explore this town a bit then take a look outside?" he asks, expecting at least one answer. Or maybe that would be too much to expect too.

Visit the blacksmith, see how the smithing system works. If people can work there, what must be done for better equipment to be obtained, etc.
The two of you visit the blacksmith. For a fee, the imps will allow you to craft weapons or armor here. Crafting also requires raw materials, which can either be purchased from the market or collected off slain enemies.

The raw material used to craft the item determines its power. Essentially, the stronger the item, the more "currency" it has to spend on its end result's stats. This is modified by the roll to craft it, however; items may be stronger or weaker for their level depending on whether they were crafted with a [3] or a [5]. Crafting rolls can also chain, raising their stats significantly.

The specifics of an item are also somewhat random; essentially, for a given item, there's a wide range of precise stats it can have, which is mostly determined by chance and creator intent.

Then I go to the demon throne area[/b]
"I'll freeze you all! Happy birthday to me! Bwahaha... ha? Wait a sec, where'd those damned kids who made me like this go? Where even am I? Maybe that big guy over there knows something. At the very least, he might have something for me to do rather than stand in this infernal town and melt. Maybe there are some pesky warmbloods that need freezing..."
Visit the Demon King and ask where I am. See if there's anything that he wants dead.
The Demon King looks thoroughly displeased to see you two. He responds "You, but only after you have served your purpose," to Logan's question in a rather ominous tone. Not concerning at all!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 1: Introduction]
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 12:08:30 am »

"Anyone moving on with me then?" he asks without much enthusiasm. People seemed slightly unresponsive in this particular plane.

He sighed and looked to the world out of the town.
"You know, a group is probably more effective against an enemy than an individual out there."

Move to the Shallow Plains and search for a level one monster if more people agree to form a party.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:43:37 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:59 am »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 12:40:24 am »

"Fine then, be that way. I bet somebody else can use my powers."
Logan walks over to Valerio and tries to act as friendly as possible for someone whose heart is literally made of ice
"A puny warmblood like you doesn't even stand a chance out there without my help. I'll go with you."

Follow Valerio and assist him in combat.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 02:28:41 am »

A demon hunter tumbles through the portal. You'd figure they'd stop at some point, but no, just more and more weirdos.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 03:45:37 am »

"No reason to hang around here let go."

Peter join the party.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 07:23:23 am »

Open the chest in my room. Then walk out into the low-level area. I want loot.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:51 am »

"I'm alive!" M'Bokgal is escatic, hopping around madly on his... hooves? Huh. Anyway.
"Well, again. As in, not dead. Hooray!"

>Approach the others heading out, point my spear towards the Woods!

"What sort a' craven pansies are you lot?! You'll never do nuffin' songworthy down there in the plains! C'mon, let's go be heroes! There are enough of us, after all."

>Attempt to hijack the party and lead them onwards, to the Middling Woods, to glory!!

...Or if they don't agree, just follow them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:09:47 am »

Also signing up for this!

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 08:22:39 am »

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:38:30 am by Ultimuh »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 08:27:27 am »

Signing up.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 08:54:37 am »

"Yes. Use fire on things" I mutter, as I head over to join Valerio's party, trying to avoid the creepy yellow snowman.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 11:05:18 am »

Go to the market!
"Damn, I'm way too sober right now."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 11:07:50 am »

"COME HITHER YOU THRICE-CURSED SPOOR OF-"

Cyri looked around after holding up her blade for a few moments, confused at the change of scenery. She sheaths it later on, aptly confused at the presence of...everyone else in this kind of scenery.

"That is the last time I use a Scroll of Acropolis...You there! Rat-thing!" she said, referring to M'Bokgal, "Tell me where and why you're heading in that direction with humans and if this is but another one of your tricks..."

Follow the pack of humans!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:10:30 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »

Turn 2: Everyone Walks Into A Bar

"Anyone moving on with me then?" he asks without much enthusiasm. People seemed slightly unresponsive in this particular plane.

He sighed and looked to the world out of the town.
"You know, a group is probably more effective against an enemy than an individual out there."

Move to the Shallow Plains and search for a level one monster if more people agree to form a party.
"Fine then, be that way. I bet somebody else can use my powers."
Logan walks over to Valerio and tries to act as friendly as possible for someone whose heart is literally made of ice
"A puny warmblood like you doesn't even stand a chance out there without my help. I'll go with you."

Follow Valerio and assist him in combat.
"No reason to hang around here let go."

Peter join the party.
"I'm alive!" M'Bokgal is escatic, hopping around madly on his... hooves? Huh. Anyway.
"Well, again. As in, not dead. Hooray!"

>Approach the others heading out, point my spear towards the Woods!

"What sort a' craven pansies are you lot?! You'll never do nuffin' songworthy down there in the plains! C'mon, let's go be heroes! There are enough of us, after all."

>Attempt to hijack the party and lead them onwards, to the Middling Woods, to glory!!

...Or if they don't agree, just follow them.
"COME HITHER YOU THRICE-CURSED SPOOR OF-"

Cyri looked around after holding up her blade for a few moments, confused at the change of scenery. She sheaths it later on, aptly confused at the presence of...everyone else in this kind of scenery.

"That is the last time I use a Scroll of Acropolis...You there! Rat-thing!" she said, referring to M'Bokgal, "Tell me where and why you're heading in that direction with humans and if this is but another one of your tricks..."

Follow the pack of humans!
"Yes. Use fire on things" I mutter, as I head over to join Valerio's party, trying to avoid the creepy yellow snowman.
A knight, a spearman, a snowman, a pyromaniac, a demon minstrel, and a demon hunter all walk into a field...

[6] ...and into a [4: West] wolf big enough to ride.

Wolf, Level 3
4/4 HP
2 Attack

You may run, in which case it'll get an opposed chase roll, or fight, in which case you might want to determine who's going in first.

Open the chest in my room. Then walk out into the low-level area. I want loot.
Your chest appears to be empty.

You venture [1] North and encounter a [5] rather massive pink cube of slime.

Pink Slime, L3
6/6 HP
1 Attack

Go to the market!
"Damn, I'm way too sober right now."
You head to the market. They appear to sell things here, including food but lacking booze. Oh well, you don't have any money on you anyway...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13