Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Diplomacy- And Nothing of Note Happened  (Read 9331 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy- where your secret orders are open-source
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2012, 03:25:53 am »

mine will be in 7 hours sorry
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, 10:19:23 am »

It would seem I have overlooked a rule about convoys.

It is possible to convoy units through a continuous chain of fleets. This means that, for example, if you were Italy, and you had fleets in the Western Mediterranean, the Mid-Atlantic and the English Channel, you could, in one turn, convoy an army in Tunis to Belgium, but only if you sent in orders for every member of that chain of fleets to convoy them.

We're still waiting on France, and England has not sent in an order for one of his units.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, 10:47:30 am »

Hmmmmmm...interesting.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2012, 11:23:04 am »

Winter, 1901-1902

Orders are all turned in:

Here is a text list. Orders that bounced have been struck through.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The map now:

It's now build and retreat time. Austria needs to either disband (stupid) or retreat (not stupid) his army in Galicia. None of you have lost supply centers yet, so nobody needs to disband anything. Italy, France, Turkey and Russia get to build one more unit; Germany and Austria both get to build two; and England is left out in the cold. Remember, guys- you can only build in home supply centers, so at the start of next turn (Spring 1902), those units of your choosing will magically appear in those supply centers. You may order your units to be built in any home supply center, and you can build either fleets (only in coastal supply centers) or armies.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:04:45 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, 08:58:21 pm »

Who we waiting on?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2012, 10:50:30 pm »

Austria, bless his soul.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »

Ah, how I wish the world was flat...

Of course, given its central location and the fact that three or four people seem to be invading it, Austria's probably going out soon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2012, 10:58:34 pm »

I'm guessing he has school. it's 3pm in Australia, probably about 2pm where he is.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

Ah, how I wish the world was flat...

Of course, given its central location and the fact that three or four people seem to be invading it, Austria's probably going out soon.

Don't be so sure! Nobody booted him out of any of his home centers this year, and he secured Serbia and Greece for a total of two builds, matched only by Germany. He may well kick the bucket before the game ends or even come in as low as fourth or (maybe) fifth place, but it's going to take you all a longer time, due in no small part to Turkey's moves all bouncing this turn. Austria and Italy are considered the hardest two countries to play, but their defeats tend to be different: if Austria doesn't gallop out of the starting box to become a large empire, it's usually because it comes to an ignominious defeat at a Turkey-Russia-Germany-Italy alliance (choose any three, although Germanys that invade Austria early on tend to be insane) by 1903 or even, once in a blue moon, the end of 1902. Italy, on the other hand, is much harder to turn into a wide empire, but because its position is relatively sheltered due to Switzerland and the difficulty for the first few turns for anyone else to get much of a navy down into the Mediterranean, its death tends to be lingering. If there's one flaw with Diplomacy as a game, and it is nearly flawless, it's that Italy is a touch underpowered. I've seen some variants that correct this- changing the starting army in Rome to a fleet, make North Africa a supply center, or both, usually- but I've not played any of them, and at least for the first few games on this forum we should stick to vanilla Diplomacy.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »

That may be happening. it's pretty obvious he left his north flank exposed, and I will have the oomph to push him out of the balkans next turn. Combine that with Germany bearing down on him, and russia looking aggresive, and he's boxed in.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012, 11:40:55 pm »

Italy's probably going for Vienna or Trieste come Spring, don't forget.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2012, 12:14:49 am »

Italy's probably going for Vienna or Trieste come Spring, don't forget.
He tried last turn. Serbia blocked him off. He will likely have more forces to fight off the italian advance. Assuming he ever picks up.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2012, 12:35:00 am »

Sorry.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2012, 01:21:21 am »

Winter 1901-1902

Orders:

BUILD A Marseilles

BUILD F Kiel
BUILD F Berlin

A Galicia RETREATS Bohemia
BUILD A Vienna
BUILD F Trieste

BUILD F Venice

BUILD A St. Petersburg

BUILD F Smyrna

Map looks like this:

New orders for all your units are due in 36 hours, so...6:30 PM December 5th, GST.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:05:10 pm by dhokarena56 »

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2012, 04:17:41 am »

The Austrian orders say BUILD A Vienna but on the map the army is in Budapest. Which should it be?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12