Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: ~The Mist: OOC Thread~  (Read 8623 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: ~The Mist: OOC Thread~
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:33 pm »

Hunger/Thirst system info

oh good I worried about that part
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 05:50:23 pm »

[Entirely Optional Music]
Great, now I'm expecting to be attacked by cliffracers...

I'll go with gold or a deeper shade of yellow if that's too hard to see.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »

I'm waiting for giant muscled monsters so I can sneak in my customary Persona reference. :P

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 05:58:07 pm »

Kanji's dungeon is the best dungeon of all time
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »

That's what I was going to give you at first, but I figured a light blue would be fitting for a wanna-be stereotypical wizard.

The next [Entirely Optional Music] will be from Morrowind too, just to make sure that any cliffracers in the immediate area know you guys are here.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 06:08:06 pm »

That's what I was going to give you at first, but I figured a light blue would be fitting for a wanna-be stereotypical wizard.

Hhhm, that is true, I'll keep with the light blue then.  (If you haven't already made the update's combat map and changed it to gold that is)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:10:52 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

The horses can sprint three tiles for every one you sprint, so simply running away isn't really an option at this point.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »

The horses can sprint three tiles for every one you sprint, so simply running away isn't really an option at this point.

Thanks for the info! I was trying to execute a sidestep to avoid their charge, but it seems I'll have to stand ground. So, how likely am I to die horribly?

@IronyOwl: This is your cue to preventively cast that Nature healing spell on me, brah. :P

Edit: Oh, I wasn't trying to run away. Just move aside so I don't get trampled, since I think/thought momentum would apply on their attack.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:12:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »

Thanks for the info! I was trying to execute a sidestep to avoid their charge, but it seems I'll have to stand ground. So, how likely am I to die horribly?

@IronyOwl: This is your cue to preventively cast that Nature healing spell on me, brah. :P

Well, with your Stone Ward up, they shouldn't be able to kill you outright, and their initial charge is pretty much the worst they can do. As long as the group can get one of them down before they can both beat you to death, there shouldn't be a problem.

But perhaps it is worth pointing out that you aren't the only one with the Holy Light spell...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 10:13:51 pm »

But perhaps it is worth pointing out that you aren't the only one with the Holy Light spell...

Yeah, IronyOwl also has it along with a higher spellpower and manapool. Didn't want to bother him because I supposed (hoped?) he had a plan for that mana.

Question: Is it possible to prepare an action to spend the current turn's AP in two attacks as soon as the horses hit Varkhal?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:17:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 10:26:18 pm »

No, because AP is basically just a raw representation of time. If you were to wait, then attack twice: The remainder of the AP cost would have to be spent in the next turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:42 pm »

I see. Thanks for the information, I'll see what I'll do.

Also, do I need to spend 10 AP each turn to keep a Stance or does it work by toggling? I suppose it is by toggling, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
>Yes?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:14 pm »

I see. Thanks for the information, I'll see what I'll do.

Also, do I need to spend 10 AP each turn to keep a Stance or does it work by toggling? I suppose it is by toggling, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Yes, it's toggled.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 10:33:07 pm »

Based on your stats, the horses appear to have 5 magic resist, and my holy lights should do 40 damage, so 35 each.

Trouble with using said lights is that I'm under the impression that that would aggro the horses straight to me, so it'd be much better as a finisher, I would think.

But yes, if the regeneration won't take effect until after you've been damaged, now would be an excellent time to use that regeneration.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 10:46:52 pm »

Based on your stats, the horses appear to have 5 magic resist, and my holy lights should do 40 damage, so 35 each.

No, the horses don't have Magic Resist - I'd just list (5 Resisted) if it did. Varkhal's Holy Light spells will deal either 25, 30, or 35 Damage to the Undead I believe. Then yours could do 25, 30, 35, or 40. All depending on how lucky or unlucky you are.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11