Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: (TSG) A Sky and ░░░░░ Torn Ajar: Chapter 0-10  (Read 22747 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: A S░░ and ░░░░░ Torn Ajar: Chapter 0-4
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2012, 10:25:55 pm »

Panic. Ask the shadow beast if it would like a sandwich before RUNNING FOR YOUR LIFE
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »

Throw sandwich at him, hope for best.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:11 am »

No, the sandwich is a crucial supply! Shut the door and run outside, paranoia ho!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: A S░░ and ░░░░░ Torn Ajar: Chapter 0-5
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Heeey theeeere little guy." You say as you slowly back up; holding the remains of the sandwich out in front of you. "You look... hungry...  Would you like something to eat?" The creature bends down even lower, slight variations in the thickness of the transparent parts remind you of muscles tensing, making it very clear that it's you that it wants to eat, not some measly scrap of pig meat sandwich. 

You decide that now would be an excellent time to make your exit, so you fling the remains of the sandwich at the shadow creature, distracting it for a moment, and slam the door shut. You manage to close the door, but before you can lock it again the beast slams into it, nearly launching you off of it. Immediately it sticks a hand between the door and frame, preventing you from closing it again. You attempt to stab at it with the chisel, but the rapid movement of the door makes it impossible to land a hit. Even more unfortunately: The time you took away from holding back the door to take aim gives the creature a chance to push forward.

It wastes no time in taking advantage of the opening to shove another hand in between the door and frame.  Slowly, it begins to force it open despite your best efforts to try to keep it closed.  With few options available to you, you try to stab at it again with the chisel.  This time the improvised weapon makes contact and the chisel sinks into the creature, feeling rather like a knife being stabbed into the middle of a warm stick of butter.  From the other side of the door you hear the creature hiss and draw its hand back, allowing you to slam it onto the other with extreme prejudice. 

HSSSSSHHHHH!!!

The creature lets loose another, louder, hiss and pulls its hand back before you can slam the door down on it a second time. As quickly as possible, you close the door and lock it, slumping to the ground. 

You breath out heavily, resting for a moment.  Then the door shakes as if being hit by a battering ram making you wince as the hinges creak and groan.  They weren't exactly designed to hold back murderous shadow beasts, so it's probably only a matter of time before they break.

You proceed to do the only logical thing that a person in this type of situation can do:

Run like hell.

Grateful that you had the foresight to see that you would be attacked by something, you make a beeline through the house to the front door, grabbing one of the sandwiches off of the table as you pass by.  Can't go out without rations you know. Once you reach the front door, you stop and listen.  From he back of the house you can still hear a loud repetitive thumping sound, so the door must still be holding up. 

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Where should you go?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Long Term Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:23:25 am by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »

Hm. Let's head south, toward the police station. Stick to open, populated areas- hopefully the shadow beast won't attack if we're in a crowd. Assuming we aren't assaulted on the way to the station, tell the police that we think our home was broken into- keep the bit about the horrible shadow gargoyle to ourselves until/unless other witnesses pop up.

Incidentally, anything of note to the East?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 11:29:22 pm »

Incidentally, anything of note to the East?

The poor/warehouse district, Ankh's house (which is on the opposite side of that), and the odd church/warehouse that Ankh mentioned; which is roughly half-way between the your current location and his house. 

And the lawn that one of your neighbors keeps precisely cut to a millimeter and treated with the best fertilizer available.  It's quite impressive.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2012, 01:03:46 am »

Unless there is the equivalent of a Ordo Hereticus around here I agree with the police station.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A S░░ and ░░░░░ Torn Ajar: Chapter 0-6
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »

Immediately you take off towards the police station at full speed, making sure to keep where people can see you. Rushing along, you draw a few odd looks, but luckily no one tries to stop or hinder you as you hurtle along. You can't quite place it, but something seems to be off about the way the air feels. It could just be from stress or adrenaline, but you could swear the air feels almost like it's holding an electric charge.

As you turn the final corner the police station enters you sight. It's a simple, small, brick building with POLICE written in all caps and a clock set over it. You estimate that it'll take another five seconds at full speed before you reach it, but you're not sure that you'll be able to keep up the pace you've been going at though, so you slow down for a moment to catch your breath.

The moment that you do however, there comes a yell from behind and a small crowd of people come scattering onto the street like so many pool balls. A fraction of a second later a streak of black, too fast for your eyes to track, flies straight past the corner and skids to a stop while turning around.

The shadow creature looks at you and narrows its eyes. Your blood seems to freeze as it looks at you and you feel a shock travel through your body. Slowly, it begins to accelerate again on all fours, heading straight for you.
"GIRL. Stop running. It'll make it easier on the both of us. You get a free ride instead of walking or running and I don't have to keep this thing here any longer than I have ta."
The creature is a good thirty or so feet away still, the police station isn't too far away and the thing is accelerating fairly slowly, so you think you can make it, but you can't say for sure. There's an alleyway off to your right you could duck into and you could of course try to yell for help or fight the thing, assuming you can actually do any damage to it.

What should you do?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:23:31 pm by Phantom of The Library »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2013, 09:11:48 pm »

Hooray this thing is back!

And oh no we're screwed. I don't think we can escape it at this point, so if we're going to be captured/eaten I'd rather go down fighting. Chisel Attack, Forward the Gear, Charge!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2013, 09:29:36 pm »

Make a beeline for the police station.

Run in a sort of zig-zag, if the creature is going fast enough, it won't recover in time to apprehend you as you turn.
I need to put something interesting here.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2013, 03:34:37 am »

Turn and wait, when it get close, jump and go over it, then run
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »

Make a beeline for the police station.

Run in a sort of zig-zag, if the creature is going fast enough, it won't recover in time to apprehend you as you turn.

We won't be able to damage the Shadow Creature nor do athletic maneuvres of such finese, I find this most practical.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A S░░ and ░░░░░ Torn Ajar: Chapter 0-7
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2013, 05:29:34 pm »

You jerk your eyes away from the creature and begin to run for the station.  From behind you hear more screams and the quickly approaching sound of the creature’s claws on the street cutting through them.

Just as it seems that the clack of the shadow gargoyles claws are coming from directly behind you, you make a sharp turn to the right, practically diving.  The creature is unable to change its course to match and skids past you, its momentum carrying it into the station with a loud THWUMP. The impact knocks several bricks loose,

The creature slowly climbs to its feet as you back away unsure of where to go.  Before it can fully recover, however, a policeman exits the building to investigate and upon seeing the creature his face turns white. He pulls out his pistol, firing off several shots into the creature. In response the creature raises a disproportionately-sized hand to shield itself.  Three bullets slam into the hand and a fourth misses, hitting the ground. The shadow making up the creature’s hand explodes out as the bullets strike it as if it were being held under pressure. The shadow flies out it separates into strands and slivers which hang in the air around where the hand was for a moment.

Almost immediately the shadows swirl back together as if in a vortex and reform into back into the large clawed hand that they had made up a moment before. The shadow creature flexes the hand as if testing it and the officer freezes, unsure of what he is seeing. The officer's paralyzation only lasts for a moment, however, and within a moment he is trying to fire off another shot, but the creature is faster and knocks the pistol out of his hands with one gigantic hand and then sends him flying with the other, newly reformed, one.  Before the man even hits the ground, the shadow creature turns around to face you once again and wastes no time in bounding forward.

You prepare to run again as...

No. You have had enough of this crap, and you aren't going to take it any longer, you are going to show this thing what's what. No more running, except in its direction. 

You charge towards the creature, chisel raised, and sink it into its shoulder as you leap up off of the ground and attempt to vault over it using its shoulders.  Unfortunately, you aren’t quite coordinated enough to pull off a stunt like that, so you end up falling into a heap as you flip over its arm. You quickly try to untangle yourself, but you’re too slow at doing so. The creature puts both arms around you as if embracing you in a gigantic bear hug and squeezes tightly.  It stops just short of crushing your ribs and leaves just enough room to breathe though doing so is like trying to suck air through a straw. Its body feels surprisingly corporeal, though you do seem to sink into it a little bit.

With you now trapped within its grasp, the creature slowly unfolds its diminutive wings and bends over before launching itself into the sky.   Barely moving its wings as it flies; the creature seems to be propelled by something other than its own physical strength.  You’re amazed that it can even generate enough lift to get itself off the ground, much less you.

"Good, now don't make a fuss. I'd hate ta have ta clean up th' mes, see?."

You don’t seem to have many options right now, you suppose you could try to wriggle free, but you’re pretty high up already and the thought of becoming a pancake doesn’t sound too appealing to you.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »

Glare at it, wait.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2013, 09:23:07 pm »

Scold the creature! At the very least, try to make breathing more comfortable
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7