Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 55010 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 1 - Terror Underground
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:35 am »

I'm assuming you didn't get why you are scummier than Hapah. It is because Hapah made a possible town tell. You didn't. That automatically makes Hapah more town-like than you. You were on par with everyone else. Also, the 'deflection' was merely meant to be an ironic echo to your "Also, I definitely like how the entirety of your activity consisted of RVS, answering questions and attacking me over timezones." Also, it was only accounting for D1.

You see, my attack was at no point based on you claiming Kook so late. It was based on you thinking I was attacking you, and you being overly reactionary there, which is what I found scummy.
Both of those paragraphs are a complete and utter lie. You said that I was less likely to be town because of timezones. That is ridiculous bullshit and now you are twisting your own words.

Also, how did Hapah make a town tell? By claiming Kook? So you agree with Wuba about the statistical outlook only when Hapah does that? Why so selective?
I would also have claimed kook, obviously. I just wouldn't have jumped, when someone stated I was scummier than someone who claimed pre-meta discussion, which had the goddamn webadict say that claiming kook is a town tell. While everyone else was saying it was a null. At no point did anyone say it is a scumtell. Except Nerjin, but meh. The post was merely a way of saying "a 70%-townie is more of a townie than a 50%-townie."
So Wuba said that claiming Kook is a town tell aaand...? Are you treating him as some kind of god (but again, only when Hapah conforms to what he's saying)? Why are you completely disregading the possibility that he *gasp* may be scum and that he may be lying to cover his own teammate after they discussed the fakeclaim?
I don't see a question here. And uh, the last part is explained, what, twice in this post already. Sigh.
Twice? Sorry, don't see even a single mention. But alright, since you've obviously spent D1 in a flurry of scumhunting activity, then enlighten me, o greatest one, whom do you suspect? Which information did you carry out of D1 apart from the fact that I didn't ignore a bullshit accusation?
As stated, not really a deflection, since it was just an ironic echo on your deflection. Counter-deflection perhaps?
Oh, so now you see a deflection in my words that you obviously didn't ever deign to mention before and which you don't deign to actually ohIdunno point out now. Or maybe you're just pulling stuff out of your ass to cover the aforementioned ass.
Also being hypocritical at calling people hypocritical, awesome.
More asspulls.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2012, 08:41:52 am »

I'm assuming you didn't get why you are scummier than Hapah. It is because Hapah made a possible town tell. You didn't. That automatically makes Hapah more town-like than you. You were on par with everyone else. Also, the 'deflection' was merely meant to be an ironic echo to your "Also, I definitely like how the entirety of your activity consisted of RVS, answering questions and attacking me over timezones." Also, it was only accounting for D1.

You see, my attack was at no point based on you claiming Kook so late. It was based on you thinking I was attacking you, and you being overly reactionary there, which is what I found scummy.
Both of those paragraphs are a complete and utter lie. You said that I was less likely to be town because of timezones. That is ridiculous bullshit and now you are twisting your own words.

Also, how did Hapah make a town tell? By claiming Kook? So you agree with Wuba about the statistical outlook only when Hapah does that? Why so selective?

I don't really have the time or the patience to explain this the third time. Here is the quote where, you claim I'm saying you're scum.

Re: Kooks: I think Hapah's pretty likely to be town, Dariush less so, since the conversation had gone on for a while before his claim. Anyways, the whole kook-issue is a large, steamy pile of WIFOM, so wasting time on that should probably stop. If anyone thinks it's a town tell, let them regard it as such, and If anyone else thinks it's not, let them.

Now, feel free to explain to me, how am I calling you one. In this post, I say Hapah's pretty likely to be town, because, yes, I agree with webadict on it probably being a town tell. I'm saying you're scummier than Hapah, on the virtue of him making a town tell, while with the discussion yours is a null one.

Let me state this once more. You were less town than Hapah, because of the discussion that arose from his claim. In this discussion, most people concluded the claim to be a null tell, while webadict considered it a town tell. Nobody thought it was a scum tell. With this, you would have had webadict off your back, with everyone regarding you as a null tell, for free. Because you got to read this statistics discussion, you're making a null tell, while Hapah's was a town tell, because he didn't get to read the discussion.

Also, I'm disregarding the possibility, because I do not think that is the case.

And the "last part" is regarding the timezone attack. Which, at no point has happened. I was attacking you over you thinking I was attacking you, when I wasn't. This is jumpy, overly reactionary, scummy, since scum would be afraid of being attacked

My deflection is perfectly equal to your deflection, is what I was trying to say.

Also, I think you're scum, from D1, and D2. That's enough for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2012, 12:09:51 pm »

I would also have claimed kook, obviously. I just wouldn't have jumped, when someone stated I was scummier than someone who claimed pre-meta discussion, which had the goddamn webadict say that claiming kook is a town tell. While everyone else was saying it was a null. At no point did anyone say it is a scumtell. Except Nerjin, but meh. The post was merely a way of saying "a 70%-townie is more of a townie than a 50%-townie."
So Wuba said that claiming Kook is a town tell aaand...? Are you treating him as some kind of god (but again, only when Hapah conforms to what he's saying)? Why are you completely disregading the possibility that he *gasp* may be scum and that he may be lying to cover his own teammate after they discussed the fakeclaim?
I don't see a question here. And uh, the last part is explained, what, twice in this post already. Sigh.
Twice? Sorry, don't see even a single mention. But alright, since you've obviously spent D1 in a flurry of scumhunting activity, then enlighten me, o greatest one, whom do you suspect? Which information did you carry out of D1 apart from the fact that I didn't ignore a bullshit accusation?
As stated, not really a deflection, since it was just an ironic echo on your deflection. Counter-deflection perhaps?
Oh, so now you see a deflection in my words that you obviously didn't ever deign to mention before and which you don't deign to actually ohIdunno point out now. Or maybe you're just pulling stuff out of your ass to cover the aforementioned ass.
Also being hypocritical at calling people hypocritical, awesome.
More asspulls.
Dariush, you're completely missing the point of it. You missed it because of time zones, which also means because you showed up after the explanation. It's the same reason. He has a completely rational view over it, and while I understand it, I disagree. However, I only disagree in a scholarly way and find your interpretation to be faulty.

Look at it. You're saying that he has no reason to believe what I say, yet you criticize him for NOT believing it fully. You can't accuse of both. That's just throwing around accusations and letting the better one stick. I also dislike the passive accusation toward me. If you're going to accuse me of being scum, do it to me, so I have a chance to defend it, instead of having to look deep in a conversation between two people that I might skip over.

It's so bizarre, really. Why are you attacking HIM over my reasoning? I'm the one claiming Kookclaims are Towntells. I believe that wholeheartedly. He's shared what he believes, but you refuse to acknowledge it. Let me lay it out for you easily.

He believes that you are not as Town as Hapah. Reasoning: You showed up late to the Kookclaim party.
He believes you have gotten scummier. Reasoning: You are acting scummy.

It's really easy, but you're making yourself look bad trying to make him look bad.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 2 brings blood and mystery
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »

So... Anyone else gonna post, or are we all busy with finals?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2012, 01:17:08 am »

Just been a full weekend, is all. And having trouble focusing on the game. Maybe D2 will be better.

Post in the morning with my coffee.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2012, 02:44:27 am »

Extend

Unvote. Vote Shakerag. Where the hell are you?

Meph: Can we get a vote tally?

Everyone: So abduction is the only thing that can cause the disappear-with-no-trace?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:09 am »

Ottofar:
You are claiming Dariush is scum, but the only "evidence" I can see you provided is a null tell from him, that he claimed later due to timezones (which is something that should be always taken into consideration). Yet you believe Web's theory that a kook claim is a town tell when it comes to Hapah. Why? Because Hapah is on an earlier timezone? Or maybe you are trying to make Dariush rage so you can drive a lynch on him with less effort?

Also, that was a nice deflect you did there. You should be proud.
Deathsword: I have to say, I find this argument unimpressive.  Why?  Largely because you're completely ignoring the fact that the evidence that Ottofar is using is not, in fact, the timing of Dariush's kook claim.  Rather, it is the reaction to the comment on the timing of the kook claim.  Of course, your entire argument flows from that ignorance of Ottofar's actual argument.

Dariush: You missed Tiruin's question.

Tiruin: ...What.  Why are you asking a dead guy an RVS question?  And a dumb one at that (who would ever answer "Yes, I'll inspect the guy who says he shows up as a dopp to inspections!"  I mean, really.)?  And I understand that you want to show your suspicions with your own interactions, but why aren't you even doing that to show your suspicions?

Everyone: So abduction is the only thing that can cause the disappear-with-no-trace?
Pandarsenic: And Exterminator kills with Combat Camouflage, disguised as abductions, I believe..

Mephansteras: Please prod Shakerag.  He's been online, but he certainly hasn't been talking.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2012, 04:33:47 am »

I should probably claim Cutting Edge Scientist who used a MC Ray to make Captain do unto himself as he would do unto others (i.e. selftarget).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2012, 04:39:54 am »

((About the one directed to Book, that was a typo. Honest mistake, I was checking the pages back and made a formatting error. He wasn't supposed to be there but I failed to see it upon posting and logging off afterwards. That statement was meant for Webadict, but I only noticed when you pointed it out.
Ugh.))

Extend.

Tiruin: ...What.  Why are you asking a dead guy an RVS question?  And a dumb one at that (who would ever answer "Yes, I'll inspect the guy who says he shows up as a dopp to inspections!"  I mean, really.)?  And I understand that you want to show your suspicions with your own interactions, but why aren't you even doing that to show your suspicions?
I'm asking for the reason of the answer. Nothing can be possibly predicted when answering others, and mostly people put their reasoning while they type out said answers. Also, see above on why Book got there.

Post coming later btw.

Pandarsenic:
Before I post More Fun Things, what exactly does the Disappear With No Trace thing mean?
I think he was abducted.
Why exactly this?

PPE: Panda.

I should probably claim Cutting Edge Scientist who used a MC Ray to make Captain do unto himself as he would do unto others (i.e. selftarget).
Wha? The flavor says he's gone. I'm betting it was an abduction, seeing as he never got to his bed - roleblock flavor perhaps, or we'd have found the body now if it was a kill type.

Seeing the roles/rules, I don't see anything that can hide you for a period of time judging by how you say this.

In short: What is that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2012, 09:12:56 am »

Meph: Could an alien abduct himself? Can anyone self-target when redirected to themselves?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:45 am »

Let me state this once more. You were less town than Hapah, because of the discussion that arose from his claim. In this discussion, most people concluded the claim to be a null tell, while webadict considered it a town tell. Nobody thought it was a scum tell. With this, you would have had webadict off your back, with everyone regarding you as a null tell, for free. Because you got to read this statistics discussion, you're making a null tell, while Hapah's was a town tell, because he didn't get to read the discussion.
Wow, a straight paragraph that doesn't contradict itself. A first one from you.

My deflection is perfectly equal to your deflection, is what I was trying to say.
So, you admit that you deflected my question. Finally a grain of truth.

Also, I think you're scum, from D1, and D2. That's enough for now.
Well, isn't this nice. One and a half days of activity and you only 'think' one person is a scum. Except you put a pressure vote on this person (me) at the start of D2, which meant you didn't think I was scum at this point. For the last time I ask:
Which information did you carry out of D1 apart from the fact that I didn't ignore a bullshit accusation?
You've activelurked through the entire D1. You voiced no opinions, you took no stances. Now drag your ass here and explain.

Wuba:
Look at it. You're saying that he has no reason to believe what I say, yet you criticize him for NOT believing it fully.
Wrong. I'm accusing him of deferring to your opinion as infallible, but only part of the time, disregarding it entirely at other times.
He believes that you are not as Town as Hapah. Reasoning: You showed up late to the Kookclaim party.
He believes you have gotten scummier. Reasoning: You are acting scummy.
That's pretty much the opposite of what you said earlier. Did you change your opinion or are you just explaining Ottofar's words for the sake of it?

Dariush: You missed Tiruin's question.
Indeed I did.

As for suspicions, I will have to ask my own questions for them as I can't just drop them without my own interaction.
Wait... what? Who are your suspects?
As a presumed kook, why did you claim kook?
Mindbendngly mindraping surprise there, isn't it?

Pandar:
Uh... The most obvious question (assuming Meph says that it somehow is possible for an alien to self-target, as dumbfuckstupid as that sounds): are you actually claiming or are you voicing your intentions to claim? Did you actually use MCR? If yes, why Captain Ford? Why didn't you claim earlier?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2012, 10:42:02 am »

PFP

Why claim this now? What do you think happened?

Quote from: Pandar
As others have said, I think it's only abductions and Exterminators with the Combat Camo medium tech. It lets the Exty "disguise" their kill so it looks like another type of kill. Do you think Ford abducted himself? (lol. How would that even work? Lock himself up and throw away the key? I'm pretty sure we'd hear the Vader NooOOOO all the way from his spaceship when he came to)

Meph: Could an alien abduct himself? Can anyone self-target when redirected to themselves?
I'm pretty sure the Mind Control Ray can make people self-target now, but I can't find the relevant post.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2012, 11:26:34 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Ottofar
Deathsword: webadict
Ottofar: Dariush, Deathsword
Shakerag: Jack A T, Pandarsenic
Tiruin: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Yes and Yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:48 am »

PFP:  Stupid busy today.  May post tonight if I get the chance, or tomorrow if not.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2012, 01:03:54 pm »

Wow, a straight paragraph that doesn't contradict itself. A first one from you.

Except that's the third or the fourth time I make a paragraph with that exact content.
We're clearly having communicational problems here.

So, you admit that you deflected my question. Finally a grain of truth.
So, you're also admitting to have deflected mine. And I, although I might be slightly biased here, find counter-deflection far more agreeable than just deflection.

Well, isn't this nice. One and a half days of activity and you only 'think' one person is a scum. Except you put a pressure vote on this person (me) at the start of D2, which meant you didn't think I was scum at this point. For the last time I ask:
Which information did you carry out of D1 apart from the fact that I didn't ignore a bullshit accusation?
You've activelurked through the entire D1. You voiced no opinions, you took no stances. Now drag your ass here and explain.
I didn't get much, aside from your jump. I don't think too many people did, with the statistics taking up most of the day. At the moment I find you the scummiest. I don't really like Shakerag either, or Deathsword, for that matter.

Also, you missed a question.

I don't really have the time or the patience to explain this the third time. Here is the quote where, you claim I'm saying you're scum.

Re: Kooks: I think Hapah's pretty likely to be town, Dariush less so, since the conversation had gone on for a while before his claim. Anyways, the whole kook-issue is a large, steamy pile of WIFOM, so wasting time on that should probably stop. If anyone thinks it's a town tell, let them regard it as such, and If anyone else thinks it's not, let them.

Now, feel free to explain to me, how am I calling you one [In that particular post].

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23