Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like me to do after this next round of bugfixing on RandCreatures?

Extract even MORE data - I want to customize what I get.
- 50 (24.3%)
Megabeasts and semimegabeasts need more work.
- 15 (7.3%)
Why no vermin? I want to annoy the heck out of myself.
- 10 (4.9%)
Nothing swims underwater?! How could you? I want aquatic life.
- 60 (29.1%)
Let's have (rare) random creatures that breathe fire and/or poison you to death.
- 34 (16.5%)
Forget RandCreatures; work on LangCreate.
- 17 (8.3%)
Zombie's Toothbrush.
- 6 (2.9%)
Make birds more birdlike.
- 12 (5.8%)
I want something else, but I'll suggest it in-thread.
- 2 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: LangCreate (v34 and v40) and RandCreatures (v34, being rewritten)  (Read 83612 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LangCreate 1.0 and RandCreatures 0.2.0 (RandCreatures updated)
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:31 am »

Anyone got any recent version raws with Civs?
I've been playing around with the old files uploaded by Reudh back in February, and it's awesome. 
Unable to actually do it myself, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:40:04 am by MasterMorality »

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2013, 08:07:03 am »

Posting to follow. Great stuff!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2013, 06:00:50 am »

Nice to see that you are still working on this, even if you have little free time.

I did find these in an errorlog a while back:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/crash v3g/raw/objects/creature_random_rc.txt"
CREATURE_1UIHEAXII_RC:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 3TOES_FQ_REG
CREATURE_1OUGEUAAM_RC:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CREATURE_1VXHUFWOM_RC:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CREATURE_1FZQUUEJA_RC Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
CREATURE_1LBXMNTFA_RC:Attack CLAW seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

Maybe it helps to narrow down on remaining bugs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2013, 03:27:39 pm »

I lost access to the forums for a while, but I'm back now.

I actually had that problem myself, the reason why it crashed for me was because I thought the Race generator was a stand alone deal, and not requiring the language generator.

Also, where do you want those raws, Talvieno? Just genned up 1000 race entities, and got a few for you to look at?
It doesn't require the language generator - it just requires you extract the files in the correct place, really. Here's an explanation pic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you put the files in the raws like that, it'll work - provided you aren't using Wine, unfortunately. :\
As to the raws - just stick them in a spoiler here. That's what the thread is for, more or less - questions, comments, suggestions, and bugfixing. And requests on occasion.

I want to try this, but my antivirus insists there's a trojan in it.  ???
I'd assume a false-positive but it's still a deterrent.
I guarantee no trojans. If you're running it with Meph's Masterwork mod (great stuff, by the way), then I can explain it: Masterwork opens the RandCreatures *.exe by itself, and some antiviruses look at that and go, "TROJAN!!!" - programs don't usually start up on their own, right? Some antiviruses catch that. Others look farther and see that you pushed a button that made it open. And still others don't notice it at all. But there are no trojans here. :P

@ Meph: Yeah, the FQ_REG and RQ_REG bodyparts have given me a lot of trouble. I was trying to include all the bodyparts to allow for maximum randomization, without inserting any of my own, so it could work with whatever mods a person had installed - maximum compatibility. Unfortunately, FQ_REG and RQ_REG tend to screw things up, as they're toes (or fingers) that are labeled as fingers (or toes), respectively. As my program operates by reading strings, it tends to really, really screw it up. I can work around it, but it'll require hardcoding exceptions, which I didn't really want to do.

@ MasterMorality: Here you go! Eleven randomly-generated civs.

And thanks for the compliments, guys! Always nice to know it's appreciated, and helps spur me onwards some.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

howitended

• Bay Watcher
  • Real men wear pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »

I figured my AV saw that it was capable of making a new file with things it pulled from another file (none of which are signed by a trusted company) and panicked.

I gave it a shot and I really like it, some of the custom races are so good it's hard to believe they're randomized until I notice a couple of random traits that don't fit them. (for example: I had it gen a sentient race of monsters who have huge fangs and like to play dead until a victim gets near that happened to be too small to really hurt anybody)

I've gotta say I wish there was a chance of some things having venom, syndromes, metal skin, etc.

Maybe a 'forgotten beast-trait' button/ checkbox? It'd keep people who don't want a bunch of diamond-skinned, venomous, winged giant frogs roaming their worlds happy; and those of us who'd WANT that kinda thing could have it.
They built this whole neighborhood out of wood, out of wood
I guess I'll still be around when they burn, burn it down
I will be standing around when they burn it down

Here in the Museum of Idiots

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »

Maybe a 'forgotten beast-trait' button/ checkbox? It'd keep people who don't want a bunch of diamond-skinned, venomous, winged giant frogs roaming their worlds happy; and those of us who'd WANT that kinda thing could have it.
It would be better if we could force such traits to be limited. Perhaps a max value and min value, forcing "forgotten beast traits" to a certain percentage. Then you could have whole worlds with ridiculous traits, or perhaps only 1%.

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2013, 05:05:15 am »

Is there a limit to the amount of words you can input for the Language creator?

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2013, 07:43:57 am »

You're awesome! Thank you very much!

Edit:
Looking through it, very briefly, I'd suggest you add [active_season] tags to the entities. I know this is mostly for adventure mode, but it can't help to allow them to show up in Fortress mode, too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:01:10 am by MasterMorality »

howitended

• Bay Watcher
  • Real men wear pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2013, 07:20:21 pm »

It would be better if we could force such traits to be limited. Perhaps a max value and min value, forcing "forgotten beast traits" to a certain percentage. Then you could have whole worlds with ridiculous traits, or perhaps only 1%.

Now that you mention it, a checkbox to open up a gui with sliders for various FB traits would be great.
But he's doing this in his free time and I'd hate to ask that of him. I'm considering doing a clean install and removing just about every animal in the vanilla raws, then genning about 700 things with this and seeing how that goes. I'm just thinking it might do a lot of weird stuff in worldgen.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2013, 01:46:29 am »

You're awesome! Thank you very much!

Edit:
Looking through it, very briefly, I'd suggest you add [active_season] tags to the entities. I know this is mostly for adventure mode, but it can't help to allow them to show up in Fortress mode, too.

Heh, I must've genned it with the wrong version... the previous version was missing the line to insert the seasonal code in the raws. I'll upload a new one.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

howitended

• Bay Watcher
  • Real men wear pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »

Any plans for a linux version? Or have you, and I'm just not seeing it?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »

I really love the idea of the Creature Generator, and i have really enjoyed LangCreate, but for some reason, the creature generator doesn't work for me. Everytime i try to generate creatures, it just stops at the given amount of creatures and does nothing, am I doing something wrong?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2013, 02:56:32 am »

You can just close the program when it reached the end, it should have prepared all the files.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2013, 04:01:51 am »

You can just close the program when it reached the end, it should have prepared all the files.
I assume that the randomly generated creatures go in the creature_random_rc file
If that is the case it isn't working for me, because it doesn't contain anything.  :(

Covenant Ringthane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2013, 10:43:53 am »

PTW.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17