Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992012 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6240 on: July 02, 2013, 03:58:34 pm »

Am I missing something? I can't find the word- or rune-lists.
Same...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: July 02, 2013, 03:59:35 pm »

It's the .odt file.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6242 on: July 02, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »

What did you see when you clicked on the link? Did you download the correct file? Its perplexicon.odt You can use libre office o view it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: July 02, 2013, 04:24:50 pm »

Vaccuum cat.

Meow.
VWOOOOOOOOOOSH

Anyway, Would it have been possible for me to make runic "grenades", basically, attach a timer to an effect, possibly Conversion, so that if I had the Conversion rune on a wax ball set to convert wax to, say, force, it would push things around while depleting the wax?

Also, was that dust actually of any use? I was always attempting to find a way to enchant part of the weapon- which of these solutions would work?
1. Create a normal sword, and a suitable hilt. (broken staff or something.) Remove sword hilt in some way. Take imbue circle, imbue blade with dust. Use circles to combine "hilt" and sword. Run about, cubifying foes.

2Do above, but ignore combo circle- just kinda put the hilt on the blade.

3. If there was a word for "disassembled" or possibly with a clockwork sword, disassemble sword and have a nonstupid hilt.

4. Wear gloves of dust protection all the bloody time.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6244 on: July 02, 2013, 04:42:57 pm »

If you made an minion out of Antimagic, would he help you?

If you made yourself antimagic steel, would you be able to cast spells?

Where is the Antimagic word in the list?

What would happen if you made an Spheric dimension made out of pure (Fluid/Solid/Gas) magic?

Im really hoping someone will pick up the game, shuffle words and circles (And perhaps add some new ones, like Virus/Disease) and attempts a new go.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:58:10 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: July 02, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »

PW: It was a great game, sad to see that it ended, but it was a necessary measure. I was amazed by your capacity to handle so many people for such a long period of time, especially when earlier, you were making about a post per day, you are an astounding GM.

Well, I might as well post the combinations I found:

Shield Gauntlets
Clo-Caltel Baltaellsheral Can-caelshon Shoshashzel
    Creates gauntlets that can project dome shields

Light-Sabre
Clo-Caltel Contallthelthel Cainthalsaz Rothcaltal
    Creates an arcane lightsaber

Physics Spear Greatbow
Clo-Caltel Shubhallethe Zothelthcaon Zzeralleth
    Creates a greatbow that generates physics spears when the string is pulled back

Beam-Katana
Clo-Caltel Contallthelthel Zothelthcaon Conth
    Creates a beam katana with destructive light inside, it has a switch on the handle. I never used the trigger though I suspect it's some sort of energy blast attack.

Physics Mortar
Clo-Caltel Zothelthcaon Kelio Zzeralleth
    Creates a mortar that fires physics, essentially acting like a reusable Kelio Zzeralleth

Firing Stabilizer
Rothon Ku-Kaura Clo-Caltel Baltaellsheral
    Creates arm-armor that uses an electromagnetic system to provide a +1 Dexterity bonus

I made a few more weapons, but they were just variations of the standard syntax of Element Form Form Element which results in one of the two forms utilizing the other form, some forms seemed to have higher priority though I never tested them. I'm reasonably sure weapon has the highest priority though.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: July 02, 2013, 04:47:58 pm »

Im sad now...

I never got to make godzilla...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:26 pm »

It's the .odt file.
Of course, the one thing I can't view online.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: July 02, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »

Wow.  Well, thanks to Piecewise for running the game as long as you did, it's pretty amazing you went as long as you did.

Still, I'm sad it ended (I had plans!  I had machinations!),  but at least now I know some friends of mine will be quite happy.  Only eight at a time though.  And I get to see all the delicious words!

I'm also in favor of hearing PW's general thoughts on the game, especially around the discovery of things- how often was there someone who was trying every way to do something except the right one, and was just getting so close?

And a question:  when you said it's time to move on, by "extension of this game" did you mean the mad max with wizards thing?  Because I'd prefer that over poison.

Votes:
MMWW: 2 (syvarris, GreatWyrmGold)
Poison: 0
BOTH!: 2 (Empiricist, Xanmyral)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: July 02, 2013, 06:43:54 pm »

Agreed, although Poison sounds kinda neat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: July 02, 2013, 07:14:43 pm »

You can chalk me down as 'horrible, unspeakable mixture of the two choices.'

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: July 02, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »

You can chalk me down as 'horrible, unspeakable mixture of the two choices.'
Likewise.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: July 02, 2013, 07:24:55 pm »

Hm..."Magus Venim." A game where players use magic and drugs to claw their way to the top of a seedy underworld, beneath a city of floating marble where the rich live.

I like it.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: July 02, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »

I was thinking it was our 'magic ritual' for our player-made gang in that the Starved Magi have their self-flagellating ways and the Blood Skimmers have their sacrificial ways, or the Artificers with their machinery. Us? We take ours from eldritch abominations after getting on the most hilariously terrible highs from the most innocent of stuff.

No one can quite figure out how the hell we do it, or if that is even what we actually do, but it works somehow.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: July 02, 2013, 08:07:38 pm »

Well, first, you take this box of Goldfish crackers... add brillo pads... make into a pulp... raid the fridge for anything expired and slather it into the pulp, snort.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 435