Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 993304 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5535 on: June 09, 2013, 08:44:34 pm »

Welp. ...Actually, I can use that for good. I wanted to start using a lightning beetle theme thanks to Sparky, that just makes it easier. Maybe I can turn myself into blue diamond, figure out some way to control electricity...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: June 10, 2013, 12:50:22 am »

So does Pariah. So does a lot of people, actually. I'm honestly surprised so many people have diamond stuff, but I can see the reasons why. Same reasons I wanted a diamond ship: Strong, isn't conductive, won't melt easily, can hold an edge (kinda).

Just makes the fact that Glassco has complete and utter control over diamond a valuable commodity.

Actually, that's kind of incorrect. Diamond isn't all that strong, it's just really hard. So while it's very difficult to cut diamond (and much easier to cut things with it), it isn't that difficult to shatter it. It's reasonably tough, more than most gemstones, but nothing spectacular.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:49 am »

True. So its conductive, can shatter, won't melt easily, and can hold an edge. Still not that bad, and I can use the conductive properties to good use. I realize I misspoke when I said strong, meant hard. I remember seeing once a kind of scale that, while it had diamond as the top on... Hardness was it? I think there was a better term for it, it's rather brittle because of said hardness so it wound up on the bottom of the other, which I believe was 'give' basically.

Either way though, it is the fancy of the day material wise with its abundance in people's persons. I imagine it will go back to steel soon however, given time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:08:00 am by Xanmyral »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5538 on: June 10, 2013, 01:49:05 am »

Is it possible to make hybrid materials? I think I remember people trying and just getting the two materials separately.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: June 10, 2013, 01:57:27 am »

Those people failed because they didnt include a shape word to bind the elements together.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: June 10, 2013, 02:58:57 am »

((You can bind two elements together its really good for equipment my favourite being obsidian+diamond))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5541 on: June 10, 2013, 04:20:07 am »

To the fort!
"Sorry sir, no entry unless you're a member or trade partner of Team Bismuth. Anyway, the base is still under construction, so unless you like empty rooms and hallways or you're looking for a safe place to perform experiments, there's not much for you in there."
Firmly but nonviolently deny Fr0stByt3 entrance to the Fort.

((@Unholy: The docks and the forest are in completely different directions. The docks are SSE and the forest is W.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:06:35 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: June 10, 2013, 05:36:14 am »

((According to the map ive got they are both east of the village centre...
Then again my map may be more of a flowchart...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5543 on: June 10, 2013, 06:41:38 am »

((Yeah, the flowchart is just that. It doesn't have the correct directions. I've been working on a map of Thaltun based on the information piecewise has provided and I can tell you with certainty that the sea is south.

I'm going to have Syvarris steal that geography scroll from superblast next turn and return it to the scroll room so that people can go there and look for directions. Or I can take it to our fort,  make a scroll room and install a radio circle there with a public frequency so that people who want geography info can just call me on the radio instead of going all the way back to the temple.

That scroll may also be useful to deciphering those forest ruins. I have an idea about what they are but I want to visit them first and then ask the Monk about them.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:48:13 am by Parisbre56 »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: June 10, 2013, 07:53:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh... Jixiu's face falls for about .01 seconds before his face brightens again.
Ooh... I'll go.... um... He spins around, walking whichever way he ends up facing. This way! Goodbye, peoples! Try not to die!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5545 on: June 10, 2013, 09:16:29 am »

"Good luck in your travels sir!" The Doc checked his notes for a while.  "Hmmm... let's see. From what I've heard and seen straight ahead is the beach and the sea. To your right are the docks. To your left is the cave, although I doubt you'll find anything of interest in there. And if you keep following the beach past the cave you should end up in the swamp. From what I've heard nobody has gone to the swamps yet. But they say that beyond the swamps there is something... very interesting. And probably very dangerous too! But so is everything else worth exploring, isn't it?" As he closed his book and begun focusing on his experiments yet again, the Doc added: "And remember, if you ever learn or find anything valuable in your travels, team Bismuth is always willing to trade."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5546 on: June 10, 2013, 10:40:15 am »

Just letting you guys know that my sister is working on an illustration of the Perplexicon itself, hopefully ready by the time I post the reply this evening. If you have any suggestions for what you want her to illustrate, feel free to post them.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: June 10, 2013, 10:42:30 am »

Creation of the booze portal.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: June 10, 2013, 10:43:40 am »

Whatever she feels inspiration on.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: June 10, 2013, 10:48:20 am »

I kinda see the Perplexicon as the typical leather grimore, but perhaps a little dissorganised, illogical, hard-to-read the title and perhaps with lots of "?" symbols.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 435