Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 994813 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2415 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

From what I can tell, the chance to get a dex roll is fairly situational.  If a big enough spell is coming your way, you get no chance to dodge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 23, 2013, 11:12:55 pm »

If I'm the last one to die that means I'm the winner by default!
Nah, Null is because he somehow survives.
He's Chuck Nullis.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2417 on: February 24, 2013, 01:58:33 am »

OK guys, Imma level with you all here. Next step of things isn't completely done, but I think it's almost done enough (that is to say the starting area and all the stuff connected to it) to let you guys loose. I know I've kinda been stalling ya here with Null, and that the wait list is getting longer by the day, so I'm gonna propose a deal.

Now, My other game, ER, is wrapping up a mission so I'm busy with that and I'm also busy getting stuff ready for the next part of this game. So would you guys mind if I put This game on hold for a few days so I could get everything set up? After that, whole new world, no wait lists, plenty of new stuff to do. Or we can keep playing like normal, and it will just be the status quo for a while longer.

Your choice, either way works for me.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:53 am »

((I don't mind particularly although the new world sounds cool))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 24, 2013, 02:35:41 am »

((It depends on how long is "a while" of the status quo. If it's less than a week, I think you should keep the game game going. If not, put it on hold.

Though my desire to keep the game going mostly stems from my desire to see what happens on the next turn.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2420 on: February 24, 2013, 02:55:14 am »

A while is probably about a week. I'm gonna be working pretty hard on the missions and this tomorrow and whenever I can this week. I should be able to do it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 24, 2013, 03:20:17 am »

((Will we still be in the arena post-change or will we be hurled into a brand new place immediately?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2422 on: February 24, 2013, 03:56:40 am »

((Will we still be in the arena post-change or will we be hurled into a brand new place immediately?))
Dunno. Probably gonna give you the choice of hopping down the hole or not right away.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: February 24, 2013, 07:53:49 am »

I'd say hiatus. These turns have been pretty much the same thing for a while, not boring by any stretch of the imagination but not exactly new events or jaw-gripping terror at what happens next week, Saturday at ten Eastern. Note, that was not an insult, I am enjoying my repetitive science and I think everyone else is enjoying their repetitive science/deathmatch but I think we could live with a wait if you think you need it.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: February 24, 2013, 07:55:55 am »

Well, I'd agree with a hiatus as well. Particularly if it gets us our sweet, sweet world to utterly destroy that much quicker.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: February 24, 2013, 08:57:30 am »

It's okay to put the brakes on a minute.  I had an inkling that's what you were doing since Null was taking his sweet time.

Will he still be fighting me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: February 24, 2013, 09:58:03 am »

Hiatus is fine by me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: February 24, 2013, 09:59:23 am »

I was just getting somewhere!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: February 24, 2013, 10:11:11 am »

As was I.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:21 am »

I was just getting somewhere!
As was I.

As was I, but all three of us are still going to be able to continue whatever it was we were doing after the shift. Or at least that's the idea I'm getting from all this.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 435