Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: make forgotten beasts trap vulnerable  (Read 645 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
make forgotten beasts trap vulnerable
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:06:45 am »

as the topic suggests, i am looking for a way to make forgotten beasts able to be captured in cage traps, i have an idea for a forgotten beast and titan zoo where ill dump them all in a large pit, i have searched through my raws but i cant find any actual area or i missed it but i would like for them to be able to be caught in traps, also demons and any other trap avoid i would like to rid that out of my game for the time being, i know it takes away the fun but i enjoy watching my gobbies get dropped into pits full of beasts

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: make forgotten beasts trap vulnerable
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:10:00 am »

Forgotten beasts and demons are auto-generated, I think it's in world.dat after you turns compression off. I believe there are a way to modify it, but if you picks up a GCS, anything that's not a webber can be trapped by them.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:19:10 am »

i have heard alot of talk about webbing a cage trap but how exactly do you do that

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:58:10 am »

Put a GCS behind fortification after setting up a whole bunch of cage trap, and wait for things to wander into sight of GCS and get webbed and snapped up by cages. At least that's the concept I sees.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:51 am »

Or use a webbing forgotten beast.
Of course, since webbing forgotten beasts are immune to webs, you have quite a conundrum. Try using cave-in dust to capture those.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 02:28:04 pm »

Put a GCS behind fortification after setting up a whole bunch of cage trap, and wait for things to wander into sight of GCS and get webbed and snapped up by cages. At least that's the concept I sees.

have you tested this out? and anyone else see this as a viable solution? i would love to be able to do this without modding too much, and this sounds like a good idea, i could set up a gauntlet of fortified GCS in pastures and have an access to them to be able to keep them trained, would i have to have them trained as war beasts or just normal? the only issue i have with this would be all my dwarves would get caught going to my cave system

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:40:41 pm »

Or use a webbing forgotten beast.
Of course, since webbing forgotten beasts are immune to webs, you have quite a conundrum. Try using cave-in dust to capture those.

They don't get stunned, IIRC, nor does demons.

have you tested this out? and anyone else see this as a viable solution? i would love to be able to do this without modding too much, and this sounds like a good idea, i could set up a gauntlet of fortified GCS in pastures and have an access to them to be able to keep them trained, would i have to have them trained as war beasts or just normal? the only issue i have with this would be all my dwarves would get caught going to my cave system

I've seen others use it, I've never bothered to test it myself, but as long as the creature isn't a webber, it works. AFAK it don't even need to be tamed either! Though taming is good idea if you're going to have them as pets :D

As for the trapped issue, forbid all the cage trap, seal up the GCS tunnel, have a tame GCS, use a loom to set up web gathering job on repeat ( I tend to disable them on o >w because of spam or dumb pathing ) and once it's cleared out, unforbid the traps and cages.