Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: To Be a Daemon. On Mars?  (Read 2599 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: To Be a Daemon
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:11:13 am »

Flesh-ripper is essentially a thing that hits all the fear triggers in a mortal.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 01:07:08 pm »

Due to the lack of consensus, I'll make an executive decision  here.

You come into the world with naught but a whisper and a gust of freezing air. Looking at your surroundings, you find yourself in an underground tunnel. Dim lights are strung along the walls and you can feel the presence of dozens of humans not far above. You examine yourself and see your true form, and nearly startle yourself. You are a tangled, impossible mass of shadow made up of thousands of twisted branches of darkness. Impossibly long claws stretch from what passes for arms, and your head and body are an inhuman contradiction, missing from reality but visible all the same. In darkness, you would be nearly imperceptible, a mere slithering in the desolate, dim tunnels of the mine. You are the shadows, as everyone fears the dark.

You feel a need, two needs actually. The first... is a name. What shall you call yourself?

The second is hunger. You are perfectly capable of feeding off of fear and despair, but there is precious little of that to go around. In addition, a proper meal would do good for your complexion.

Location: Mining tunnels of Karst, a small colony on the surface of Mars
Thoughts: Food....
Observations: The mines appear to have a considerable atmosphere. Human miners may come down at some point, but you don't have a sense of time at the moment. You hope they don't have a priest up there.

Power:
Physical power: 5 (You have the strength of five men, and in the dark you could easily take on an individual human.)
Mental power: 5 (You can pry into the surface of human minds, reading base emotions. You could probably break a man, given some effort, turning him into a gibbering wreck or worse. You can invade dreams to some degree, planting fleeting images of whatever you like.)

Decisions: What is my name? What should I do? Wait for prey? Go closer to the surface? Something else?

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:07 pm »

Being in Karst, we are obviously Topography. Being Topography, we should remain stable and still until someone wanders towards us.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 01:22:19 pm »

You remain in the shadows, waiting for an unwary human to come near. Above and in front of you, voices can be heard. "...the hell n..med th.s place Karst? I mean, sure it's ir.nic, but really!" A second voice picks up "I don't kn.. man. Damn this mine is creepy." (You have difficulty hearing them due to the echoes of the stone.)
The humans are coming towards you now.

Power: (Your actions against people will affect the kind and amount of power gained. Wanton destruction will raise your physical power more, while spreading seeds of fear and terror will boost your mental power. The worse things get for the humans, the better they become for you.)
Physical: 5 (You have the strength of five men, and in the dark you could easily take on an individual human.)
Mental: 5 (You can pry into the surface of human minds, reading base emotions. You could probably break a man, given some effort, turning him into a gibbering wreck or worse. You can invade dreams to some degree, planting fleeting images of whatever you like.)

Suggest any action and I can give you a general chance of success.

...And yes, you can create creatures and minions, you just need a soul or two.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: To Be a Daemon. On Mars?
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:23 pm »

Can we steal the two souls of the humans coming towards us with mental powers?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 04:30:06 pm »

We could, but it would take time and the screams might be inconvenient. A faster way would be to simply eat them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:39:00 pm by Morrigi »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »

Well, let's eat one, and take the other's soul.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 07:08:41 pm »

Objections?

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 07:37:08 pm »

no objection here. tho i suggest leaving a heavily mutillated corpse to be found to spread fear. make it look like the other guy did it. assuming theres 2 people and they not on some form of comm
voice of evil reason

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 09:06:21 pm »

Well, let's eat one, and take the other's soul.

+1

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:59 pm »

You wait in the shadows to strike. When the miners separate you begin, placing whispers and suggestions into the mind of one while stalking the other. However, the insinuations of madness appear rather more effective than you predicted as the miner drops his shovel, staring blankly down the tunnel. Slowly, confidently, he picks it up again and sets off with a purpose. "Hey, buddy, where'd you go? I got something for you!" The second miner stops his digging and turns around, looking for the source of the noise. A moment too soon, he turns back to his work. Hearing footsteps, he begins to turn around again, only to be brained by an echoing *THWACK* from the shovel of the first miner.

You ponder this turn of events and wonder if it was luck, skill or raw power that caused them... (It was luck, you rolled very high here.) However, you now have no idea what the remaining miner will do now. You try to tell him to finish his shift, but you are not sure if he received the message or is even listening. You sigh, sending a burst of freezing air through the tunnel.

Power:
Physical power: 6(+1 for death)
Mental power:7(+2 for success)

Fortunately, you were able to capture the fleeing spirit of the miner. You now have one soul.

What do you do now?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 07:13:41 pm »

Use the power of that soul to...adjust the other miner.   Turn him into a powerful, bloodthirsty ( for humans only ) predator. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 01:52:09 am »

This could be done, though it would temporarily consume at least 2 Mental Power. In addition, the creature would not be controllable and would act independent of us.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 07:23:13 am »

Imprint on it the instinct to drop dead bodies off in front of us, so that our daemon may consume the flesh. 

It's like a dark game of fetch. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 09:43:30 pm »

Eat the corpse and convince the miner they killed and ate their companion, and that doing so is absolutely natural and common. Obviously they should not be allowed to have any awareness of us.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3