Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are an Evil/Good Overlord  (Read 4067 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Evil/Good Overlord
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 02:07:12 pm »

updating sheet
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 03:00:10 pm »

Uhmm i have just noticed... Two chosens of Xarxas? I have nothing against it but...
Wait who...oh, the ninja.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 03:42:36 pm »

Ok some basic rules:
Each turn you have four action and one action for your avatar. Your avatar can only make that action. Moving from one place to another is a free action (you can do other things while travelling or as you get to the place) but may take several turns.

Each turn you get 4 summoning powers. You can only use one of them each turn. Unused cards stay. The powers that you get are random, and they can be: summoned units, summoned heroes, summoned creatures, summoned treasures or divine spells. Summoned units, heroes, creatures or treasures stay in game as long as the stability roll is passed. For each summoned creature, hero, treasure or unit that you have in game you have to get less than a 7-N on a six sided die roll, N being the number of summoned units, heroes, treasures and creatures you have. If you roll equal to or more than 7-N, you have to discard one of the summoned units, heroes, treasures or creatures. Some artifacts can modify the roll.

Some more powerful summoning powers may require for a roll. The roll will be made with a random characteristic. Summoners may roll a second time to see which characteristic will be used and use the highest of them.

I'm finishing the random summoning powers.

Also I'll post your units, resources and results of your actions in spoilers, but you'll send me your actions for the turn on a pm. When you want to use the chessmaster power, you choose a player and you get to see their actions and change one of them.

Note on Population: This isn't the whole population. Just the ones not doing anything vital like producing the weapons for your soldiers.

Lennobor the Flame of the Past:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Calagar, Knight of the Black Eagle

Eridan The Wave Claimer

Roland Darkknoll the Wise

wer6's avatar *INSERT NAME HERE*

In order to get more units, you need infrastructure. Once you have it, you may create units until their unit cost is equal to your resources (so a unit of archers, which has a cost of one, will need for you to have resources one). The first X worth of units is free, X being your population level. Don't worry, you'll be able to rise this by getting more food, and that kind of things.

I'll send you a pm with your powers for the first turn.

EDIT: Magic, how could i forget about magic...
Magic is a bit free. Just say what you want to do, and depending on the difficulty, i'll give you a bonus or a penalty to the roll. Starting a fire in a dense forest is easy and is automatic (only by rollind double six you can fail), but rising an army of several thousand men from the dead is difficult and time consuming
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:58:05 pm by Rhyme »
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »

Err My name is... Lúthien the sneaky. and then set he pheasants to build more infrastructure and then farm to keep up with the population boom

I will then Try to summon a gift from Carmil: who is a kobold: aim at A tax collector. well... euhh... I am gonna gonna to change my action now...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:11:21 am by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 04:34:12 pm »

Err My name is... Lúthien the sneaky. and then set he pheasants to build more infrastructure and then farm to keep up with the population boom

I will then Try to summon a gift from Carmil: who is a kobold: aim at A tax collector.

Am i getting trolled?
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »

Should we post our first actions?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 05:14:57 pm »

He said that he'll send us a PM containing "cards", and that we shall then PM him our actions.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »

Uhmm i have just noticed... Two chosens of Xarxas? I have nothing against it but...
Yeh, this might be a problem. Two undead kings who rose from humble beginnings to command their own kingdoms, and want to use the power of the tear to bring about a benevolent dictatorship. As is, Xarxas is way too powerful. I see 2 possibilities: one of use changes patrons, or we find a reason to fight each other.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »

He said that he'll send us a PM containing "cards", and that we shall then PM him our actions.
Ah...haven't gotten it yet.

Yeh, this might be a problem. Two undead kings who rose from humble beginnings to command their own kingdoms, and want to use the power of the tear to bring about a benevolent dictatorship. As is, Xarxas is way too powerful. I see 2 possibilities: one of use changes patrons, or we find a reason to fight each other.
Or...
We could ally with each other.

Nah, I'll change patrons. You posted yours first although I suspect I started typing first--I got interrupted and so I should have the burden of change. I mostly picked Xarxas as fitting slightly better.
Sig

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 02:31:15 am »

Ah...haven't gotten it yet.

I haven't sentido the pms yet. I have some exams. I'll send them in a few hours
Or...
We could ally with each other.

Nah, I'll change patrons. You posted yours first although I suspect I started typing first--I got interrupted and so I should have the burden of change. I mostly picked Xarxas as fitting slightly better.
I'll send the pm later.  I have some exams now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:55:18 am by Rhyme »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 04:47:30 am »

agh, you are all full up arn't you?

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 08:49:56 am »

Okay, just finished. As soon as I get to my computer I'll send the messages with the cards

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 01:09:16 pm »

I sent my actions! mostly preparing ground so I can get things done.
Is our Overlord's personal action immune to chessmaster?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »

No. But changes in this actions will be more subtle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »

So...do we get to choose a summoning thingy and an action for everything we control, or...uh, what?
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3