Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You own a Gladiatorial School!  (Read 4738 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: You own a Gladiatorial School!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 01:38:56 am »

I'm pretty sure that we're not really in range for a kick either and that clubs aren't the ideal weapon for parrying, so I suggest that we instead dodge because of the inflexibility of the trident and counter attack with an attack to the left knee in order to make the opponent's fighting style invalid.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 01:44:59 am »

I'm fairly sure our club is two handed, and our armor is too restrictive for something impressive like that.

It's faster to move a hand without a big heavy metal weapon in it than a hand with a big heavy metal weapon in it. He's thrusting at our throat. If we're holding the club at ready in front of us, he's attacking conveniently close to where our hands are already. It will be easier to parry with a fast moving hand than a big heavy club.

If our attacker thrusts but does not immediately yank back his weapon to retract it, the haft will be exactly in the easiest position it could possibly be in for us to grab it. Once we do, he can't retract it because the non-pointy side will be where our hand is holding his weapon.

If we hold it there, he can pull and push all his wants....he's not going to hurt us because we have a huge advantage of leverage that will make it trivial to keep it pointing away from our body. At that point, his best bet will be to let go. Or, if he's clever, to reverse his grip and use it to block with. Either way, we've removed the ability of him to hurt us with his weapon.

I suggest that we instead dodge

Imagine somebody standing in front of you with a pool cue,  who then thrusts it towards you with their back hand. Would it be easier to bat it out of the way with your hand, or to completely move your entire body to avoid it?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:11 pm »

((seems like majority vote for parry.))

You duck slightly, reaching out with your left hand to try and grab the trident. You feel your fingers grasp the hilt just past the head, and manage to stop the weapon relatively dead in it's tracks, but not before one of the prongs carves a bloody furrow along your shoulder, cutting through the leather pad. Tacitus yells out in surprise, trying to yank his trident from your hand. Your club is heavy, and for most men would be a two-handed weapon, but due to your immense size and strength, you can wield it well enough with one hand.

You can easily follow up with an attack on your own, and with Tacitus' mostly unprotected body, any strike you land will definitely be damaging. The quickest strike would be going for the legs or the body, but the most devastating strike would be to attack from the head, or you could attack in a different way.

Isith: Healthy, very minor injury.
Tacitus: Healthy.
I need to put something interesting here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 01:51:48 pm »

The legs. Work the legs. He can't do much to you if you take away his ability to stand.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »

You swing the club around, attempting to strike Tacitus in the leg. The steel mace hits the back of his calf, and he cries out in pain as he stumbles backward, wrenching the trident from your grip. The flange left a deep furrow in the back of his hamstrings, pulsing blood every time his muscles move. It seems like a terribly painful injury, and the way the crowd reacts as soon as a lot of blood is spilt can attune to that.

He still seems somewhat off-balance, you can try and finish him off with a preemptive strike. Maybe for the head?

Isith: Healthy, very minor injury.
Tacitus: Left calf injured, mobility impaired.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 03:33:37 pm »

Finish him!!! Headshot!!!   
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 03:35:38 pm »

Going for the head would end it, but it could also be lethal. This isn't supposed to be to the death if I recall correctly. Take an nice big two handed swing at his weapon arm.

Just keep targeting limbs until he is disabled, then score a few to the body to please the crowd, then just dump him out of the ring.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01:06 pm »

You grasp the club with both hands, and with a mighty roar that echoes throughout the room, you swing it up, and then aim it as it comes crashing down onto Tacitus' head. He is more dexterous than you expect, and deflects the blow with his shield. The mace skids off with a screech, leaving a big dent on the upper part of the shield. You stumble, off balance for a moment, and then feel an incredibly searing pain in your left chest, and feel a warm, sticky fluid start to run down. Tacitus managed to stick two of the prongs at least half an inch in your skin. If it wasn't for the armor, you would be suffering much more grave wounds. The trident gets stuck on the tough leather, and as he pulls it away, a piece of leather rips off, attached to one of the prongs, leaving that area slightly exposed.

He seems off-balance, but judging from your earlier attack, he can recover himself much more quickly than anticipated. You and your opponent circle around each-other in the small ring, evaluating on what to do next. His left side, bearing the shield, faces towards you. Maybe another strike at his legs would put him out of order, because he is clearly limping.

The fight is at a stalemate, how should you attack him, if you wish to do so?

Isith: Left torso injured.
Tacitus: Left calf injured, mobility impaired.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »

Beat him down, Break his legs, then if he still wants to go at it crush his arms.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:25 pm »

Feint a charge and see how he reacts. We need to mess up his defensive stance else his shield will cause us more problems.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 06:48:14 pm »

You lunge forward with a strong attack, your yell causing your opponent to flinch. You aim for his shoulder, but he manages to block with his shield, though it does more harm than good. The mace cuts through the shield, likely piercing his fore-arm to some degree, judging by the yell of pain. Tacitus stumbles backward, and you swing the mace around again, striking him in his unguarded side, drawing more blood. You feel the trident glance off your frontal armor, and unfazed, you bring the mace down upon Tacitus' knee with a sickening crunch that brings the crowd to a true boil. The yelling and screaming, including Tacitus' makes the room shake, and you bask in the glory for a second before you feel your head jerk backward, a sudden heavy weight bringing it forward again. Tacitus tried to make a last, killing blow, but it seems the prongs of the trident got stuck in the eye-ports, bending them worryingly close to your face.

You tear off your helmet and toss aside the trident. This man is at your mercy, with only a split shield to defend himself. He has clearly lost, and you see the guards approaching, ready to take the man out of the ring.

What do you do?

Isith: Left torso injured,
Tacitus: Left calf injured, mobility impaired, right torso crushed, left fore-arm damaged, right knee shattered. INCAPACITATED.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »

Crush his other knee and spit on him before raising your arms in victory!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

No, don't not turn you back from him. He can easily be faking being incapacitated, crush both of his shoulders. Be careful of any trickery from your opponent, then go for the finishing blow.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:17 pm »

No, don't not turn you back from him. He can easily be faking being incapacitated, crush both of his shoulders. Be careful of any trickery from your opponent, then go for the finishing blow.

He has no weapon and the guards are on their way. Even if he tries something it will be pathetic and quickly ended by the guards.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »

Just leave, don't acknowledge the victory.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:49:56 pm by jaass »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4