Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The dorfiest goblin?  (Read 2005 times)

Tourfaint

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The dorfiest goblin?
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:42:39 pm »

Hello hello!
I just genned a new world and was looking through the legends. I wanted to know when did the first age of myth ended so I checked out the last war of that age. It was a war between a giant dwarven army and a goblin civ and the last battle was... well badass

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then the goblins accepted peace treaty.
Ladies and gentlemen I present you the goblin who made an epic last stand and ended the war:
Dang Tickspun the Crown of Waters
With over 3500 kills I can safely assume this is one of the most dorfy goblin ever. He made me remember why I love this game so much.
What do you think about him?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The dorfiest goblin?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:45:04 pm »

Could be a vampire?

Tourfaint

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:48:42 pm »

Could be a vampire?
Nope! That wouldn't be as badass, he's a pure blooded alive goblin!

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 01:49:57 pm »

Could be a vampire?

How can a vampire destroy an entire army like that? They had to have done some nasty damage to him....

He probably bled out at some point after the battle...

Tourfaint

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

Could be a vampire?

How can a vampire destroy an entire army like that? They had to have done some nasty damage to him....

He probably bled out at some point after the battle...

And once again nope! This goblin proves his awesomeness once again by living (and taming the cavern creatures) for another 100 years after the war to finally die by the hands of a Human slave in 268.

And That's another epic thing. He ended the war and what he does next? He delves into caverns and Tames
Giant bats, toads, and Blind cave bears for some years before coming back and killing another 1000 assorted humanoids in defence of his civ. How cool is that?!

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

For those not in the know, it happens because armies are fought as a series of one-on-one duels until one side gives up. This is going to be addressed in the army arc I assume.

But it's still always hilarious when it does happen. I hope these sorts of epic last stands don't disappear entirely.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »

I can only assume he made a castle made of dwarven leather. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »

I can imagine meeting him in a tavern and hearing his story...
Unf.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »

For those not in the know, it happens because armies are fought as a series of one-on-one duels until one side gives up.
Beat me to it.

If only battles in the real world were fought like this...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 12:37:36 pm »

That's amazing just the same! Any other details about the goblin?

Tourfaint

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 02:47:36 pm »

That's amazing just the same! Any other details about the goblin?
Not much aside from amazing lifespan (from 2 to 268) He Defended his civ a few more times, walked around caverns, tamed several underground species, had wife and kids, and died by the hand of a rouge slave. But that 3500+ killcount is just amazing.

I love the random world gen and it would be great if the legends mode would be updated some more to be more user-friendly so stories like this would be easier to be found. I found this story because it was the last conflict of the age and if it wasn't the life of Dang tickspun would never see the light of day. We need some sort Search-for-awesome function in the legends!

EDIT: My buddy was so impressed by that find he used his epic paint skills to draw his representation of Dang
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:28:51 pm by Tourfaint »