Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104830 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

Day one was pretty good.
I was completely right about UI, although I was pretty lucky.  I was completely wrong about Bookthras the entire game and thought Toaster was pretty town.  I was getting really suspicious of Hapah (ironically because of Toaster), but Phantom's conflicting claim really blew me over.  I was even fairly confident PotL and ZU were town after the D4 end (I didn't have time to mention ZU since it required Jack dying first).

MBP was fairly obvious so he doesn't really count.  It was a really close game, but it really should have been a town curbstomb, especially when the mafia decided to bus their advanced doppelganger (jesus christ Toaster).

I am mad I wasn't recruited Night 1.  :P

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2013, 08:04:37 pm »

Lets have a vote mafia.  :P
He can make a new Vote Mafia when he finishes the last one. Nice of you to bring up wuba's endless failures and unlimited amounts of suck, very topical. Just like he did when he called BYOR5 "my greatest creation" just before he killed that game too.

Day one was pretty good.
This is probably the most damning compliment I've ever heard about a game. "D1 was pretty good". Yes, it was, and the fact that it went downhill from there means wuba (and Shakerag! Oh, damn you Shakerag!) suck.

But just for posterity, a few PMs I exchanged with wuba:

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 09, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »

Wait, what happened to that last game? Why did it just end? I can't remember that far! GAH!

Also, I realized now why I accidentally killed you. Your auto ability was supposed to make you immune to redirected kills, but... I wrote the opposite for some reason. Knives might have played a factor.

Anyhow, this game was plagued with lots of problems that were mostly wuba-created, so you can blame me for that one. However, this game was meant to test out a new system for figuring things out which worked a fair majority of the time, and would've continued to work had I, ya know, used it. Alas, I was updating in the morning when I wasn't thinking clearly, and that led to a vast number of mistakes I will avoid in the future.

As such, I shall take a brief break from mafia, as I'm not nearly having enough fun with it at the moment. I'm getting to the point where it feels like a chore and not like something I enjoy, so when I get back, I'll stop being stupid with roles and whatever and continue making quality games.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 09, 2013, 08:23:26 pm »

Actually the other highlight of the game would be Book's herovig on Toaster.  It's so rare that a vig ignores everyone else and guns at their own personal suspicion correctly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 09, 2013, 08:26:08 pm »

We didn't even know Book was a vig until he died. :P

Also good luck Webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 09, 2013, 08:28:11 pm »

Actually the other highlight of the game would be Book's herovig on Toaster.  It's so rare that a vig ignores everyone else and guns at their own personal suspicion correctly.
Well, to be fair, he couldn't've been wrong. He did, however, hit the correct person with his ability.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 09, 2013, 08:29:58 pm »

OH YEAH, lol, you know what the best part about Toaster's death was?

Mysteriousbluepuppet blocked him.
But...

He was unblockable. >:D

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 09, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »

What happened with PotL's result on N3?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 09, 2013, 08:36:27 pm »

Oh my god, so Hapah redirect his mafiakill onto himself but Phantom was guarding him.  That's amazing.

Town was not meant to win.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:39:43 pm by ToonyMan »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 09, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »

Wait, what happened to that last game? Why did it just end? I can't remember that far! GAH!
You just went on sabbatical and ignored the locked game forever. I tasked you on that on scumchat (yeah, I was scum there), but you either didn't read it or ignored me. It was just abandoned.

Also, I realized now why I accidentally killed you. Your auto ability was supposed to make you immune to redirected kills, but... I wrote the opposite for some reason. Knives might have played a factor.
That's what I said: making roles under the influence of powerful stabbing medication accounts for my fucked up role, the reusable dopp, and the Shakerag thing that persisted after his death. Next time, don't get stabbed before making roles!

However, this game was meant to test out a new system for figuring things out which worked a fair majority of the time, and would've continued to work
Please tell us more about this. What new system and things were you trying? What was the rationale/theme behind the game? Enquiring minds want to know.

As such, I shall take a brief break from mafia, as I'm not nearly having enough fun with it at the moment.
Dude, I intend to give you shit for mistakes you've made, but not to chase you away. Take a break if you think you should, but I don't want that on my conscience. This place is not the same when you're not around. And at least finish the games you are in already (ahem). Go if you must, stay if you can, we'll give you shit if you are owed it regardless.

I gotta admit, I feel pretty good about that. This plus the finding of two SKs, challenging Toaster's bussing, and deciding Toony was town were my personal highlights of the game, yes. Too bad I totally bought the thought of Leafsnail having been deathmiller (since I was one) and other wuba-related reasons for the conclusion being as it was...

One more thought: Toaster: If you were a death miller, would you claim it first post too?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 09, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »

It was a moderately good game, and I enjoyed the contrast of my role to Leaf's.  Shame I didn't get to start daykilling people.

My role was also a factor into the Celt bus as well- I knew we were trading power for another.  Being able to control randomization would have been quite useful.

One more thought: Toaster: If you were a death miller, would you claim it first post too?

Hm.  If it's like yours and both regular and death, yes, I probably would.  Just death miller alone, though, is a tough question.  Either way it will WIFOM the town, but it doesn't carry the advantage of not wasting an inspection on me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 09, 2013, 11:14:44 pm »

Nah, it's not me screwing up. I told you it's due to this feeling like work, instead of for fun. I screw up waaaaaay too often to be discouraged from that. Nah, this is because I'm losing time from other things to do this. I just need a bit of time to relax, especially before another semester of school begins.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 10, 2013, 12:50:50 am »

I may have played like a fucking idiot, but at least I know never to trust toaster farther than i can thorw him. I got noodly arms.

Mysteriouslbluepuppet Blocks Toaster [Unblockable, lol!]
Fuck you, [unblockable], that the first time i see you actually work.! Why do you do that to ME...

But seriously sorry for the loosy playing. I had a very strong role and i should have used it better.

Also, Toony. It's... It's the first time i'm quoted by someone as a signature, and it's you, Oh gosh :3

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 10, 2013, 04:37:17 am »

I was killed... because scum thought I was taking finals? While I actually wasn't?

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK GUYS

And yeah, +1 to unwinnable game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 10, 2013, 04:54:50 am »

Wait what about the revive I had?

Also shouldn't Toony and Hapah duel'd it out?

Also also dueling sucks.
I think I missed it...but ZU, as my Role, had a revive for 1 day. What happened there? O_o

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44