Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49725 times)

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #300 on: December 13, 2012, 08:53:23 pm »

The Dining Hall

"Y'u fokking ass, go back to your shitty golden toilet seat of a Mountainhome!"
"Shut yer arm'k-damned trap before I shove a mug down it you redneck hill dwarf!"
Husk ran his fingers along the stone inscription, the neat lines creating a magnificent image of a chain. The chain the holds Hammerscar together.
"Wot'd you call me you fuckin' silver spoon'd whelp?"
"You're the son of a shittin' whore of a dwarf, you'd suck the scum of my shoes for a silly fistful of pence."
The dwarf who was sitting next to him had left the seat in a hurry. Two seconds later, a scream. That dwarf was on the mountain home dwarf, smashing him in the face with haymakers and jabs.
Husk adjusted his scrap cloth cloak, it was scratching his neck. He pulled up the collar of the rope-reed tunic underneath.
By this time, he had run through half of the engraving he has sitting next to, the stone wall taller than him by nearly a half. Also by this time, the floor engraving under the mountaindwarf was halfway run through with blood. Husk stood up, and brought out his tower cap crossbow. It had recently been affixed with a copper butt.
He walked towards the brawler, and tapped him on the shoulder with the front end of the crossbow.
The fighter looked at him, distracted from his task of making dwarven hamburger.
"Whots it to you, ya yellow bastard?!"
"I think that's enough, he looks worse than a danger room wit steel spears."
The brawler had thrown a fast punch at him, catching him slightly off guard.
"Go ta hell you arse!"
A second punch followed. Husk caught it midair with his copper gauntlet.
He started to crunch down on the brawlers fist.
"L-   L-l-let go!"
Husk tightened his grip further, nearly snapping one of the brawler's fingers.
"NOW!"
The brawler pulled back. Husk's reflexes took hold and he accidentally clamped down on the dwarf's hand. Two snaps sounded at nearly the same moment. Various trained ears could hear both sounds separately. Most people heard one. Everybody heard the scream.
The dwarf had fallen down, clutching his hand in pain and despair.
Husk stood there for a moment, then left.

A cut had turned into a break that day.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2012, 09:18:11 pm »

Oh, you'll fit right in! ... I'm starting to fear, that every following overseer will carve out a new faction. It's hard enough as it is to understand anything in Hammerscar.

I think we covered the main sides, any new factions probably won't be very popular.
Nice song by the way.
Edit: I just noticed that I'm not in the factions list, or the dwarfing list. I'm sure it's just oversight on your part, but... I'm kind of hurt because of that. :'(

Amish, are you seriously using that background again.  ::)

two things... One its not a new faction i am gonna go with one of the 3 established ones (thought yall wanted more then 7 people to play) and Two i haven't been able to play it yet applied to 2 games and i have i think 7 years till i can play it on this one and lets be honest how many fortresses last's 14+ years. The other one hasn't had a response in it since i posted so.... yeah... it also kinda fits for someone who is really good/likes to build up a military and defenses.

Amish, only the second part was for you. I was going to post the response along with the update so....
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:22 pm »

Oh, you'll fit right in! ... I'm starting to fear, that every following overseer will carve out a new faction. It's hard enough as it is to understand anything in Hammerscar.

I think we covered the main sides, any new factions probably won't be very popular.
Nice song by the way.
Edit: I just noticed that I'm not in the factions list, or the dwarfing list. I'm sure it's just oversight on your part, but... I'm kind of hurt because of that. :'(

Amish, are you seriously using that background again.  ::)

two things... One its not a new faction i am gonna go with one of the 3 established ones (thought yall wanted more then 7 people to play) and Two i haven't been able to play it yet applied to 2 games and i have i think 7 years till i can play it on this one and lets be honest how many fortresses last's 14+ years. The other one hasn't had a response in it since i posted so.... yeah... it also kinda fits for someone who is really good/likes to build up a military and defenses.

Amish, only the second part was for you. I was going to post the response along with the update so....

was actually put into two parts one to relieve Australian of the fear of multiple factions. Second was towards you but i guess it had more heat in it then planned because i felt that someone was being rather rude. lol and i just checked your post history and realized i have been trying to get into all the same Succession games as you =) but to relieve you i will try and be a bit more original in any other future attempts.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:32:26 pm by Fear The Amish »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 13, 2012, 10:22:07 pm »

Nice guitar work AW.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2012, 05:45:16 am »

Shinn and his guys are all still at the gates... I thought we were going to decide what to do with them. They haven't been incorporated in the fortress yet, was what I thought.

Besides, I thought that we're all working against the radicals. Pan may have felt a bit of a fallout with Grimnir lately with the recent elven caravan, but that doesn't exactly make them enemies again, I didn't think. Thought we were, in the end, all coming down to the overthrow of the Blackdiamond, who, remember, are undermining Hammerscar's security with their reckless radical-ness.

Pan himself just wants Hammerscar to remain alive. And by killing merchants, it threatens Hammerscar. Pan isn't under the Mountainhomes' control. He might be working with them, but he's also working with far worse. They can always be disposed of, worse come to worse (though Pan probably will try to reach a compromise instead of just lining them against the walls and shooting them or whatever).

I don't think the loyalists are trying to undermine Grimnir, either. At least, not yet. Blackdiamond are the chief priority. That's how Pan and Grimnir started to work together in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:55:59 am by Pan »

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2012, 05:52:45 am »

Shinn and his guys are all still at the gates... I thought we were going to decide what to do with them.

Well, they let them in. Hammerscar is open to everyone who follows Grimnirs manifesto.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:15 am »

Yes, we let them in, THEN SLAY THEM!

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 14, 2012, 08:12:24 am »

This is why I wanted to be undercover...

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 14, 2012, 08:17:17 am »

The dirt will cover you just fine  :o
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 14, 2012, 08:33:24 am »

The dirt will cover you just fine  :o
Why can't it be stone?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 14, 2012, 08:44:31 am »

Why the hate, guys? These are reinforcements from the Crown  :) It's not like they are here to spy on you, since officially you've not done anything traitorous or such. Despite what those false and awful, awful rumors seem to suggest, the Mountainhomes still love you, and just wants to send a package of troops to help their beloved colony of Hammerscar  :)

Anyway, the autumn caravan will be expecting them, too. So executing them (for no reason) would be bad. Also, the migrant band among them holds 20 dwarves. They won't take kindly to it. Also, the civilian populace of Hammerscar are against the Crown, but not in the way of the radicals. Most are shocked by the killings of the humans last year, remember? How will they take the murder of dwarves!

So yes, Shinn makes it in the fort. And no complaints from you, Skyfire! You said you liked your character portrayal, so there!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 14, 2012, 09:06:02 am »

PM to Brewster:

I really, really liked your plan... but:

1. Grimnir will forbid you this time from openly killing the humans, since last time you surprised him by acting out of your own initiative. Grimnir is still the ideological boss here, so you'll have to listen to him.

2. And your plan, while smart, no one's going to believe you. It would imply the Crown were fighting the humans all of a sudden, for no reason. Foul play will obviously be suspected, and Grimnir will kick your ass. Not by force, but you don't want Grimnir as your enemy, do you?

3. There are 20 migrants in the group with the humans and the Crown marksdwarves. Openly killing them is not an option. Unless you really want to go there.

4. Shinn gets let in in AWinter's RP. AWinter in OOC still says the way is still open for your plan though, and proposes that perhaps Shinn gets invited in while Blackdiamonds do their little trickery up above. But with Shinn alive, you can easily be accused. And Grimnir, like I said, is very much inclined to believe him, whether he likes Shinn or not. And like I said, the populace is mostly against killing the humans. Post all the propaganda you want. Grimnir's the hero here. If you want to win the populace's heart, relate the Blackdiamonds more to Grimnir.

I do propose an alternate plan:

So, Shinn's band and the human traders make it in. Brewster storms out the fort with his henchmen. To hunt. Human caravan leaves the fort after awhile, but through the woods... oh dear me! Goblin ambush! Or so we tell accusors   ;D

And hell, I like this so much, I'm going to put this on the main thread instead of a PM to Brewster. People probably aren't going to know what I'm saying, so lets just say Brewster has a plan to kill the Crown's marksdwarves and the humans in one sweep, but I'm naming the disadvantages that puts him at. Of course, he's still free (to an extent) to do whatever he wants. PM me, Brewster, what you'd like to do one last time before I work on the update. The Blackdiamond is in control, after all. Railroaded control, but that really can't be helped.

Anyway, update coming soon, folks.

Also, Zombi, just to clarify, the one who gets beat up is the redneck dwarf, who was beating up a mountain dwarf, right? Either way it seems like Grau the doctor and perhaps whoever passes for Captain of the Guard will need to deal with you guys.

And yes, Amish, I'll do my best to dwarf you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:38:44 am by Pan »

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 16, 2012, 07:58:49 am »

Incoming steel titan.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 16, 2012, 08:20:32 am »

Just a heads up guys, Alfred isn't allied with the Elves, he doesn't like them but he can't really do anything against them because he is a loyal legionnaire and he follows the crown's commands to the letter.

And can't we get a list with how many civilian dwarfs are loyalists/revolutionaries/radicals?

Also, the Loyalists seem to be the weakest faction so far so I'm suggesting that Lt Alfred would get a suprise message from the mountainhomes carried by the reinforcements that orders him to start recruiting some loyalist dwarfs into a small 5 dwarfs squad?
What do you think?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:22 am »

Incoming steel titan.

That would just tore through the fortress without a real fight. Last I checked we don't even have any [BUILDINGDESTROYED:2]-proof defenses.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35