Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500795 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2700 on: September 05, 2014, 03:00:48 am »

BTW, I wonder if the RAWs ported to 0.40 will result in multi-tile salvage and more of it than I know what to do with. There are probably some tokens that control how big the trees will grow.
The main downside here is that the trees are at least 3 tiles tall. I would love to have 1-tile high scrap piles in Wasteland mod, but alas, it's impossibru.

if I remember correctly, [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS] will result in the creature producing an item, not an egg.
Holy damn, how could I forget about unusual eggs :). We could have a unique caste of brahmin laying special dung which can be used to make magic potions and drugs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: September 05, 2014, 05:41:56 am »

I like the image of a lone scavenger walking amongst towering piles of scrap.

Anyways, Hydra has been completed. A powerful drug capable of restoring any wound, it is only found very rarely in MoP crates. But despair not, for if through any means you tame a hydra, Hydra can be extracted from it.

I was not too sure about adding milk to the hydra, so it is in large part based off the brahmin. Also, unlike the others, the production has not been tested yet.

Installing the mod

Copy this into reaction_drug_lab.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Copy this into interaction_MOP.txt
Copy this into inorganic_syndromes.txt
Copy this into item_salvage.txt
Copy this into body_default.txt
Replace [CREATURE:HYDRA] in creature_standard.txt
Add this to [REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_MINISTRY_PEACE] in reaction_depot.txt
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 05, 2014, 12:06:28 pm »

> > some way to regenerate a pony (resurection talismans?)
> If I remember correctly, Blackjack was healed by something that disintegrated the first time she was in the MoP hub.
They had a very rare MoP resurrection talisman, but IIRC they used it on P21.

> Also, if I remember correctly, [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS] will result in the creature producing an item, not an egg.
I didn't know.

> Rage. Production is a bit hard as it was not mentioned in either Fallout or Fallout:Equestria.
> The Fallout mod uses mushrooms, but I am not too keen on that.
Mushrooms work in Dwarf Fortress :) The biggest questions is, do you use mushrooms that have seeds an can be grown once per year or mushrooms that can only be collected by herbalism.

> The main downside here is that the trees are at least 3 tiles tall.
> I would love to have 1-tile high scrap piles in Wasteland mod, but alas, it's impossibru.
OK, and how wide can they be at minimum? Trippling wood is not such a huge deal that can't be offset with lowering some frequencies. But 10+ wood per tree and it becomes a problem.
I guess a last resort would be adding another stage to salvage->crate->good stuff, making it salvage->crate->identified crate->good stuff.

> I like the image of a lone scavenger walking amongst towering piles of scrap.
Hehe. Low quality scrap yeah. High quality scrap and it becomes too easy. 

> Anyways, Hydra has been completed.
Looks OK.

> > If you want to play around with my shotgun mod, you're welcome to it, although it doesn't seem to work well.
> Thank you.
It should be safe to assume that when people post proposals and patches here, they are OK with including them. And modders like Deon and Meph accept submissions from other poeple and borrow each other's stuff where applicable. Just remeber to include in the release notes "idea for xx taken from yy in his mod zz" and no one should argue.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 05, 2014, 10:21:54 pm »

Been playing around with Arena Mode. Not an expert on interactions, is there an explanation why reactions like the minigun turret's Reload minigun cannot be targeted?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 06, 2014, 12:16:02 am »

Lyceaon was quite an expert on interactions and there are whole chains of them. Minigun has several, including reload and material emission itself. I have no idea why it wouldn't work, but when I played around with my shotgun mod, sometimes the ponies simply wouldn't use it, despite having a battle saddle.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 06, 2014, 01:13:22 am »

Oops, sorry for a bit of miscommunication. For some reason, some interactions could not be targeted when I was controlling them directly (as an adventurer).
Also, what raw changes are there in .40 apart from the trees? I can't seem to find a list.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:36:30 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 07, 2014, 03:16:43 am »

Does this count as a double post?
Still play testing Dash production, meanwhile here is a little adventure mode reaction to consume hydra, helps to save that adventurer who had both legs cut off.

Paste this into any reaction_foo.txt

I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 08, 2014, 05:12:15 am »

Dash has been tested and completed.

Dash is a powerful combat drug capable of altering the user's perception, making them virtually fearless in combat. Originally developed by the MWT during the pre-war period, Dash has seen a resurgence of late due to the discovery that large quantities of rations had been contaminated by the chemicals used to manufactured the drug. Feeding the rations to brahmin caused their bodies to start synthesising the chemicals as well, allowing them to be extracted from the dung the brahmin leaves behind.

Brahmin are modified very much like how robots are upgraded. They need to be pastured next to the workshop.

Installing the mod

Copy this into interaction_MWT.txt
Copy this into inorganic_syndrome.txt
Copy this into item_helm.txt
Copy this into reaction_workbench.txt
Copy this into item_misc.txt
Copy this into [CREATURE:BRAHMIN] in creature_equestria_domestic.txt
Copy this into plant_standard.txt
Copy this into interaction_stable.txt
Copy this into inorganic_rune_stable.txt
Copy this into [REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_MINISTRY_WARTIME_TECHNOLOGY] in reaction_depot.txt
Copy this into the stable citizen civ in entity_default.txt
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 08, 2014, 11:16:31 am »

> Originally developed by the MWT during the pre-war period
IIRC, Dash was sumggled from Zebrica during the war and was illegal. There was even some mention of Zebra drugs being used in a sort of covert war to weaken the pony society. Besides, MWT and other ministries were formed during the war.

I think the interaction to inject Dash should have a hint to use it during combat, otherwise it will be used all the time. I'd rather have it reserved for combat than get the benefits for half a day everyday. Also, consider either shortening the effects or making it useable once a week.
Other than that, it's place is in interaction_stable.txt It is basically a better pipbuck, so take a look at this:

It should fit with either paralyze amulet (which doesn't even drop) or a gas mask under a helmet. I'd prefer all of them on one pony, but OK. Ah, nevermind. Looks, like the Dash injector helmet doubles as a gas mask.

Ah, so contaminated meat is a plant? That's rather bizzare. I think you didn't add seeds to it, so it can only be collected by herbalism. Fair enough. I'd drop the EDIBLE_COOKED from it though. You probably don't want to cook it, but save it for Brahmin.

A brahmin transformation lasts about 4 years. Long enough. The downsides are that I don't like dealing with grazers. Oh and There need to be some nest boxes in the pasture. And a workshop. And it takes 5 rations per reaction. I guess it's OK that Dash is so good with how difficult it is to get a contaminated Brahmin.

A Dash Container drops with 25% chance from MWT crates? That's high and probably makes the effort to get Brahmin redundant. I think you should lower the chance to 5% at most.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: September 09, 2014, 04:46:03 am »

> IIRC, Dash was smuggled from Zebrica during the war and was illegal.
Wasn't that Mint-Als and Party Time Mint-Als?

> I think the interaction to inject Dash should have a hint to use it during combat
Good point.

> shortening the effects
Is 200 TU still enough to be useful?

> Ah, so contaminated meat is a plant?
The alternative is to have it packaged in crates. However, in-fluff, it does not make sense that contaminated food will be shipped around all the place. Perhaps it can still be found scattered after the storage silos were blown up?

> I think you should lower the chance to 5% at most.
Noted. Thank you.

I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: September 09, 2014, 11:48:58 am »

> > IIRC, Dash was smuggled from Zebrica during the war and was illegal.
> Wasn't that Mint-Als and Party Time Mint-Als?
Hm, chapter 16 mentions Dash, but the focus is on Mint-als. Must be one of those things that was barely mentioned and we drew different conclusions from it.

Nothing on the wiki either: http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Drugs#Dash

> Is 200 TU still enough to be useful?
In combat that's almost 30 attacks (with prepare 3 and recovery 3) or over 20 steps. On the other hand 200 with wait time 1200 is 1/6 the time. A pipbuck only has 100 / 1200 TUs of buff, which IMO is rather short. So judge for yourself, but if you want to keep Dash at 300-500 TUs then increase the wait time from 1200 to 2400 or 3600 or something, so it's once or twice per combat. You might also add "withdrawal" effects, that lower attributes after the initial boost, but if you go that route, be careful that there is a net benefit.

Another idea would be to make drugs more effective for Earth Ponies.

As a side note, time stop only lasts 20 TUs and may not even work properly in 0.40. Time Dilatation also lasts for a short time.

> > Ah, so contaminated meat is a plant?
> Perhaps it can still be found scattered after the storage silos were blown up?
Hehe, and it regrows, just like scrap. It is also easy to designate all of it for picking with dfhack.

Oh and back on Rage. magmawiki says, that PRONE_TO_RAGE can be considered a combat benefit, but CRAZED will attack her own ponies.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: September 10, 2014, 04:33:54 am »

> Oh and back on Rage. magmawiki says, that PRONE_TO_RAGE can be considered a combat benefit, but CRAZED will attack her own ponies.
Ok, so just add PRONE_TO_RAGE and not CRAZED.
On the topic of Rage, I was thinking that production could involve cultivating different types of mushroom, each mushroom can either be processed to yield its spawn or be turned into <colour> hallucinogen. Hallucinogens are very high value drinks but have a syndrome when ingested that knocks the drinker out for some time. The different types of hallucinogen are mixed together to form Rage.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:03 am »

>> On the topic of Rage [...]
Two different types of mushrooms sounds OK. Any more than that and it is too much.

Don't make halucinogens drinkable. Good thoughts from it will be pretty negliglible (and close to none at all with a competent brewer and a variety of drinks). I don't want my ponies to pass out from drinking the wrong bottle and I don't want precious resources to be wasted on drinking. If you want to make drinks with syndromes, look at SPARKLE_COLA_RAD in plant_other.txt. It has some benefits for one day and is pretty rare. A proper drink with a syndrome should have some minor to moderate benefits for up to 8400 TUs.

Also, Rage with just PRONE_TO_RAGE is a pretty minor benefit. I consider it just a step to making Stampede to get the ultimate combat drug inhaler. Rage could buff Strength, Toughness, Willpower and Endurance, but that's kind of what Buck already does.

On another note, lowering Endurance for a while (maybe even by 50%) seems like a reasonable way to make the pony tired after (abu)using drugs.

I'm curious as to what modifiers you'll come up with for each drug and what will stack with what (for example Dash and Stampede as well as Rage and Stampede shouldn't stack if Stampede is made by combining them).
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: September 11, 2014, 01:58:07 am »

> Don't make halucinogens drinkable.
I thought that making hallucinogens drinkable will keep players from spam making them.

> Rage could buff Strength, Toughness, Willpower and Endurance, but that's kind of what Buck already does.
Perhaps Rage could give a much larger strength buff than Buck, at the cost of not buffing toughness, willpower and endurance.

> On another note, lowering Endurance for a while (maybe even by 50%) seems like a reasonable way to make the pony tired after (abu)using drugs.
That is an extremely nice idea, perhaps there could be some facility, requiring a MoP terminal, that purges the body's dependency on drugs?

> I'm curious as to what modifiers you'll come up with for each drug and what will stack with what
I think the effects of all the drugs should stack, unless a particular drug is made by combining two other drugs, in which case the effects of that particular drug does not stack with the effects of those two drugs. As for modifiers, I am not too sure of what you mean, but the drugs that modify a pony's attributes are pretty much done, with only Rage left.

Anyways, Buck and its production has been completed.
Buck is a powerful steroid developed by the Ministry of Wartime Technology during the war to enhance the user's strength, reflexes and endurance for a short period of time. To this day, the tubers from which Buck was extracted still continue to grow among the wastes, benefiting those with the knowledge in its production.

Installing the mod
Copy this into interaction_MWT.txt
Copy this into inorganic_syndrome.txt
Copy this into item_shoes.txt
Copy this into reaction_workbench.txt
Copy this into plant_standard.txt
Copy this into item_misc.txt
Copy this into reaction_other.txt
Copy this into [REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_MINISTRY_WARTIME_TECHNOLOGY] in reaction_depot.txt
Copy this into the stable citizen civ in entity_default.txt
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: September 11, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »

> > Don't make halucinogens drinkable.
> I thought that making hallucinogens drinkable will keep players from spam making them.
Oh, if that's your concern then make the mushrroms grow just in autumn and spring for 2 crops per year and require several to make one portion of the drug. Making it for sale isn't really a concern with how much prepared meals are worth. Making lots of it for everypony is OK, I guess. It is just one piece of equipment for the military, not overwhelmingly good one compared to other drugs and if it has unwelcome side effects, there will be even less incentive to spam it.

> > On another note, lowering Endurance for a while (maybe even by 50%) seems like a reasonable way to make the pony tired after (abu)using drugs.
> That is an extremely nice idea, perhaps there could be some facility, requiring a MoP terminal, that purges the body's dependency on drugs?
I was thinking short-term side effects. Permament debuffs would probably make me not want to use drugs at all (which isn't the point) and a few days ago you had a problem that interaction can't remove another interaction with curing radiation sickness. Besides, military and workshop reactions don't mix well. I was thinking that Endurance should be lowered for maybe a thousand TUs. The net effect should be worth it in combat.

I think, Buck shouldn't buff agility. There are already other drugs that do that.
It buffs attributes for 600 out of 1200 TUs, which is too much. And I think it does this all the time, unlike pip-bucks that can only be used in combat. It looks too good. I think it should buff Willpower too.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 210