Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500796 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2715 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:00 pm »

> It buffs attributes for 600 out of 1200 TUs, which is too much.
Good point. It has been lowered.

> And I think it does this all the time, unlike pip-bucks that can only be used in combat.
Oops, forgot usage hint.

> I think, Buck shouldn't buff agility.
In that case, how about kinesthetic sense? I think there needs to be something that ties it to boosting reflexes.

Apparently, PRONE TO RAGE cannot be added as a tag.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:21:04 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: September 14, 2014, 01:28:47 am »

Rage has been completed. My test forts kept dying to other stuff before I could test production out, so it may be a little untested. Do you think there should be a reaction at the salvage yard to empty canisters, giving a clear glass vial?

Rage is a powerful hallucinogenic drug developed by the Ministry of Wartime Technology during the war. When used, it causes the user to become filled with rage, dramatically increasing their strength in combat, hence the name. What separates this from other combat drugs is that no one really knows how it was produced, but there are rumors of raiders extracting it from strange glowing mushrooms, found beneath the ruins of this world...

Installing the mod
Copy this into interaction_MWT.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Copy this into inorganic_syndrome.txt
Copy this into item_salvage.txt
Copy this into item_shoes.txt
Copy this into reaction_workbench.txt
Copy this into plant_standard.txt
Copy this into reaction_misc.txt
Copy this into reaction_drug_lab.txt
Copy this into the stable citizen civ in entity_default.txt
Copy this into [REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_MINISTRY_WARTIME_TECHNOLOGY] in reaction_depot.txt
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 14, 2014, 03:56:02 am »

> My test forts kept dying to other stuff before I could test production out, so it may be a little untested.
That's odd. If you embark in a "Neutral" (average savagery, average evil) area and dig in fast, then make a "vault gate" out of a bridge and a lever, you should be OK. Also, embark with some cassiterite and malachite and coal to make about 5 sets of bronze weapons and security arour in the first two months (so some of them will have decent quality).

> Do you think there should be a reaction at the salvage yard to empty canisters, giving a clear glass vial?
I doubt I'd use it (vials are easier to make than drugs), but OK. I think these reactions should be at the LAB_DRUG rather than the salvage yard. We'll need vials mostly for drugs anyway.

My take on it is that whatever MWT claims, they took some zebra recipes for combat drugs (which were a long tradition for them). Then they experimented with those drugs until they could mass-produce them from available ingredients and got the dosages right for ponies. Besides, drugs are more up the alley of MoP than MWT, so maybe they should be inside MoP crates?.

Autoinjectors can already be worn with Power Armour, so there is no need to add more drugs to it's production process.

> INTERACTION:AUTOINJECT_RAGE
I still see nothing that would limit it to combat. Make sure to look at pipbuck and stealthbuck very closely to see how they work. Or maybe healing and med-x autoinjectors.

> INORGANIC:AUTOINJECTOR_BUCK 
I don't think this is the right one.

If having to grow 2 different species of mushrooms that give 1 crop per year won't limit the production of this drug, I don't know what will.

> spotted mushroom
Hehe, something from Amanita family then.

> EXTRACT_SPAWN
Wow, so I EITHER get a canister OR 1-2 (usually 2, minimum 1) spawn! This is insidious. Although I suppose with a good grower I'll get a stack of several mushrooms from 1 spawn and can extract spawn 1-2 times, then use the rest for potions. Consider adding 1 spawn to each "brew halucinogen", so we don't have to remember to save some for seed. That way the production process would be foolproof (and there is already too much information to remember about this mod) and there would be an extra option to multiply spawn fast.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: September 14, 2014, 04:22:05 am »

> That's odd. If you embark in a "Neutral" (average savagery, average evil) area and dig in fast, then make a "vault gate" out of a bridge and a lever, you should be OK.
That's strange, my forts keep dying to ghouls even when not in savage (Terrifying) regions.

> Make sure to look at pipbuck and stealthbuck very closely to see how they work.
That helped a lot. Thanks.

> I don't think this is the right one.
Oopsies. Here is the correct one.

> This is insidious.
Thank you.
> Consider adding 1 spawn to each "brew halucinogen", so we don't have to remember to save some for seed.
Perhaps currently it is too hard, I will add 1 spawn to the reaction.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:32:04 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: September 14, 2014, 06:41:42 am »

> > That's odd. If you embark in a "Neutral" (average savagery, average evil) area and dig in fast, then make a "vault gate" out of a bridge and a lever, you should be OK.
> That's strange, my forts keep dying to ghouls even when not in savage (Terrifying) regions.
Now that you mentioned it, I remember having some problems with hostiles in the early game. You got bad luck with ghouls (I think, they're a form of wildlife and I mostly got radrats, radhogs and birds.), but I remember raiders. Emarking with 2 military ponies and bronze ore and making +bronze matchettes+ and -full sets of bronze security armour- and growing the military to about 5 helped me survive until the outer wall was complete, but it was always a close call and I got some workshops demolished, some property stolen and a few soldiers usually died.

So what's left? Stampede? I think once you're done, you should make a release of all this stuff, so whoever wants to use it has everything in one place rather than patching the RAWS multiple times.

I would like to test this stuff at all rather than just commenting on your RAWs, but I'm chronically tired and out of time :(
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: September 14, 2014, 09:05:59 am »

> but I remember raiders.
Oh yes, the raiders. I remember one somehow killed my militia commander before slaughtering the rest of my outpost with his guts hanging out due to a weapon trap. With an iron knife.

> So what's left? Stampede?
Stampede is the last of the combat drugs. I do not know if doing RAD-X and/or RadAway is feasible, but I think we should stick to the drugs in the main story.

> I think once you're done, you should make a release of all this stuff
Yes I will.

> but I'm chronically tired and out of time :(
That sucks.

On a side note, do you think Stampede should be more complicated than mixing Rage and MED-X? Also, should the higher end drugs require research?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: September 14, 2014, 09:19:51 am »

> On a side note, do you think Stampede should be more complicated than mixing Rage and MED-X?
I think no.

> Also, should the higher end drugs require research? 
I think not, unless you mean finding recipes in crates or using the drug lab to analyze drugs to get recipes.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:31 am »

> I think no.
Do you think fuel should be required?

> I think not, unless you mean finding recipes in crates or using the drug lab to analyze drugs to get recipes.
There are other types of research than that? Also, which drugs do you think should require research?

I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: September 14, 2014, 10:22:40 am »

> > I think no.
> Do you think fuel should be required?
I'm surprised it is even required for other drug reactions, but OK. I suppose it makes sense. It also drains that scarce coke and charcoal from steel production, which is another reason to make fewer drugs. Mechanically adding fuel to making stampede makes little difference either way, so just keep it consistent.

> There are other types of research than that?
I think the MLP mod (the show-accurate one) has a building "Library" that has a reaction to "produce research", which is then combined into stacks of research and finally can be used to make schematics for buildings. But I find this system dull.
Although if you want to add apples, it has another system, where thee is a workshop that makes apples by a reaction that trains kicking, another workshop that sorts them and combines into baskets of apples and those can be eaten or brewed into cider. Seeing that apples were a primary source of food for Littlepip's Stable, maybe this should be in.

Then there is the "make special item at one workshop to build another" kind of thing that goes on with Terminals in FoE mod.

> Also, which drugs do you think should require research?
Oh boy, I just don't know. I think there should be at least 2 drugs that don't require any recipes to make, say med-X and Dash. It would kinda make sense to have recipes for at least some of the other stuff, but that brings the amount of effort to get them to such a level that they wouldn't seem really worth it (except for healing potions and med-x for power armour). IIRC only stuff like AMRs and Power Armours have schematics. Endgame stuff. Drugs are mid-game and should be quite doable at the time you have combat armour, gas masks and hazmat suits. So maybe have at most 1 or 2 "tier 2" drugs, like Stampede require recipes. In-fluff it would make sense to have recipes and schematics for everything. In-crunch it is just to delay the endgame stuff.

Once you have all the drugs, you might want to re-consider and re-balance their benefits. Especially when compared to pip-bucks. I think pip-bucks should be kept generally superior to autoinjectors and barely better than "tier 2" drugs. Increasing the 1200 TUs for recharge and having lingering debuffs (but not too big) would be reasonable.

I think you could add Steady (another drug from FoE) as buffing kinesthetic sense, spatial sense, focus and maybe even bow and crossbow skills by 2 or something.

Would someone else please join this discussion? Mine is just one opinion.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:36 am »

> I'm surprised it is even required for other drug reactions, but OK.
I like to think that heat is required to make the chemicals react, but Stampede is more of a mixture.

> Seeing that apples were a primary source of food for Littlepip's Stable, maybe this should be in.
Sounds good for Stable-Tec stuff...

> In-fluff it would make sense to have recipes and schematics for everything. In-crunch it is just to delay the endgame stuff.
Makes sense, drugs will not require research it is.

> Increasing the 1200 TUs for recharge and having lingering debuffs (but not too big) would be reasonable.
> I think you could add Steady (another drug from FoE) as buffing kinesthetic sense, spatial sense, focus and maybe even bow and crossbow skills by 2 or something.
Sounds good. I think increasing the limit can be justified as avoiding overdose or something.

> having lingering debuffs (but not too big)
The only debuffs I can think of are lowering attributes. If there is a way to make a pony stunned, it would be great.

> Mine is just one opinion.
But a very good one.

I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: September 14, 2014, 11:34:24 am »

> The only debuffs I can think of are lowering attributes. If there is a way to make a pony stunned, it would be great.
Lowering attributes a bit is fine. I don't want to have a pony go into combat, buff for 200 TUs from autoinjector, then pass out while the enemy is still alive. The net benefits of drugs have to be positive for players to bother with them.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: September 15, 2014, 09:38:04 am »

> Lowering attributes a bit is fine
Hmm, this brings the question of which attributes to lower. Endurance as you have suggested is good, and perhaps Focus, but I think lowering the other attributes may put off players from using drugs.
On that matter, I think that MED-X should carry a small chance of lowered Focus for a short while (phantom pains and the such). Healing potions and Hydra should be left as-is since healing potions are literally healing spells in a bottle and Hydra is too rare and powerful for after-effects to matter much. The combat drugs (Dash, Buck, Rage and Stampede) should carry a high probability of short term lowered endurance (you feel tired after using them) and maybe Focus (sudden disorientation). As for Steady, to be honest, I have never heard of it. Still going to add it though.

Anyway, Stampede is done. I did not have the time to play test this, so it may still be unbalanced.
The origins of Stampede are perhaps the strangest yet. Discovered by Fluttershy's pet bunny, Angel, Stampede is literally a mix of Rage and MED-X, combining the properties of both to create super-soldiers who feel no pain. After the bombs fell, it has been discovered time and time again by many a junkie that injecting the two drugs together causes their effects to stack.

Installing the mod
Copy this into interaction_MWT.txt
Copy this into inorganic_syndrome.txt
Copy this into item_salvage.txt
Copy this into item_shoes.txt
Copy this into reaction_workbench.txt
Copy this into reaction_drug_lab.txt
Copy this into the stable citizen civ in entity_default.txt
Copy this into [REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_CIVILIAN] in reaction_depot.txt
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: September 15, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »

> Hmm, this brings the question of which attributes to lower.
I'm not sure. Look at the attributes and things that can be influenced with syndromes on magmawiki. Ther's blisters, internal bleeding and all that nasty stuff too. In any case, this shouldn't be very long or very severe. Look at what the tired effect after time stop and time dilatation do. The net effect should be positive.
Come to think of it, negative after-effects give you more room to make primary effects pretty strong without out-performing the pipbuck.

> On that matter, I think that MED-X should carry a small chance of lowered Focus for a short while (phantom pains and the such).
Heh, I didn't even read the interaction page on magmawiki to remember you can have a chance of an effect rahther than 100%. Well then, instead of (or in addition to) short term mild negative effects, you can have 5-30% chance for a more severe effect, lasting up to a month. As long as it is not a death sentence in combat and the net expected effect is positive, it should be fine.

> As for Steady, to be honest, I have never heard of it. Still going to add it though.
It is a drug from project horizons and FNV that decreases spread from ranged weapons. It was on that wiki page I linked earlier. If you don't like it, maybe mint-als could buff mental attributes and be useable out of combat (not that this would be much good anyway).

> [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:STAMPEDE_COMPONENT]
Looks good, but did you add this syndrome class to Med-X and Rage? I also think Med-X and Rage must not work with syndrome class from Stampede, but I don't see it here.

> Recipes
If there are any recipes for drugs, they could come from studying pre-war books, if they are added for other things.

Stampede:
> [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1800]
> [...]
> [CE_ADD_TAG:NOPAIN:START:0:END:250]
> [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:TOUGHNESS:125:0:START:0:END:250]
> [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:125:0:START:0:END:250]
Med-X:
> [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1200]
> [CE_ADD_TAG:NOPAIN:START:0:END:600]
> [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:TOUGHNESS:125:0:START:0:END:600]
> [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:125:0:START:0:END:600]
What? So Stampede is actually worse than having separate Med-X and Rage autoinjectors? I think, Stampede should be slightly better than just the sum of it's ingredients.

You might want to add reactions to disassemble rage and med-x autoinjectors to get to get the carnisters back.

> Copy this into [REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_CIVILIAN] in reaction_depot.txt
> [PRODUCT:5:1:TOOL:ITEM_CANISTER_STAMPEDE:INORGANIC:CANISTER_MEDICAL]
Civilian? Those are common and it is supposed to be a Tier 2 drug. Civilian crates just have junk in any case. If anything, there should be a 1-2% chance (lower than for Rage and Med-X) in MoP crates. And come to think of it, combat drugs are more up the alley of MoP than MWT. Sure, soldiers got some crates of healing potions and drugs, but MoP was responsible for making and distributing them. Besides, MWT crates have a lot of good stuff already. MoP crates, not so much.

I suggest this for Stampede: (and lower the 250% strength to 150% for Rage)
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1200]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:150:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_ADD_TAG:LIKESFIGHTING:START:0:END:600]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOPAIN:START:0:END:600]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:TOUGHNESS:125:0:START:0:END:600]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:125:0:START:0:END:600]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:80:0:START:400:END:1200]

Oh and magmawiki says those numbers STRENGTH:N1:N2 are N1 - percent change and N2 is probably just added to the outcome.

For clearing radiation and addiction, you might try CE_REMOVE_TAG, but I doubt it will work.

Rage could have CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST to give Discipline skill... no wait, that's 0.40 stuff.

I checked WH40k Underhive mod and it has Frenzon, a pretty good analogue to Rage. That mod uses workshop reaction rather than autoinjector, so the effects last for a long time. They're also more severe than I think they should be in FoE.

Here's spook and since it is a workshop reaction, 5% chance to go berserk is manageable and acceptable. With an autoinjector it would be a ticking time bomb.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:29:43 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: September 16, 2014, 04:32:14 am »

> Come to think of it, negative after-effects give you more room to make primary effects pretty strong without out-performing the pipbuck.
Just asking, currently, how strong are the effects of the various drugs?

> Looks good, but did you add this syndrome class to Med-X and Rage?
Yes, forgot to post the edit.

> I also think Med-X and Rage must not work with syndrome class from Stampede, but I don't see it here.
Oops, forgot it must also work the other way around.

> I think, Stampede should be slightly better than just the sum of it's ingredients.
Oops again, edited MED-X effects to be as long as the Rage effects. Would making the attribute increases be 50% more than the original drugs be too much?

> You might want to add reactions to disassemble rage and med-x autoinjectors to get to get the carnisters back.
Nice idea, did not think of that.

> Civilian? Those are common and it is supposed to be a Tier 2 drug.
I thought civilian because Stampede was non-official. Ah well.
> MoP crates, not so much.
Okay, MoP crates it is. All drugs are now found in MoP crates with a 15% chance.

> For clearing radiation and addiction, you might try CE_REMOVE_TAG, but I doubt it will work.
It won't.

> and lower the 250% strength to 150% for Rage
> 5% chance to go berserk is manageable and acceptable. With an autoinjector it would be a ticking time bomb.
How about adding another interaction for the Rage that requires 10 or so enemies to be targeted instead of one, raises Strength to 250% and Focus to 125%, but carries a chance for the [CRAZED] tag to be added.

As for debuffs, I will be adding them after Steady. Do you think RAD-X and RadAway should be added?

Med-X
- Small chance for small decrease (10 units) in Focus

Healing potions
- I don't think there should be a debuff, they are meant to heal.

Hydra
- Maybe short-term [CE_PAIN]

Dash
- Short small decrease in Endurance and Focus, small chance of [CE_DIZZINESS] afterwards

Rage
- Short small decrease in Endurance and Focus
Stampede
- Same as Rage, the advantage of Stampede over Rage + MED-X is aftereffects do not stack.

Buck
-Short small decrease in Endurance and Focus

RAD-X is possible since radiation sickness is given by interactions. [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS] and the like.

As a side note, what happens if you CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION the heart?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:00:20 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: September 16, 2014, 12:25:08 pm »

> Just asking, currently, how strong are the effects of the various drugs?
Unsure. I guess anything above 125 is pretty strong especially that pipbuck has 115, but they all last just for 200 TUs or so.

> Would making the attribute increases be 50% more than the original drugs be too much?
I think so. By slightly I mean "just enough to convince me to disassemble a med-x and a rage autoinjector and make stampede". 10% more bonus or 50 TU longer duration of one effect would be enough. Anything more than that and I think you should increase the CDI_WAIT_PERIOD to compensate.

> How about adding another interaction for the Rage that requires 10 or so enemies to be targeted instead of one,
> raises Strength to 250% and Focus to 125%, but carries a chance for the [CRAZED] tag to be added.
I  wouldn't like it. Firstly, how often do you fight 10 ememies? That's 2 squads together. Secondly interaction chains tend to break, because creatures don't alway use interactions, even when they can. Thirdly, with a single workshop reaction (in WH40kU) 5% chance is manageable. With an autoinjector, eventually I'd get a "natural 1".
If you want a low chance for addiction, give a chance for long term (3-6 months) for something weakening that doesn't stack with itself. But I'd just stick to debuffs that aren't going to impact the fight much and last up to a week.

> As for debuffs, I will be adding them after Steady. Do you think RAD-X and RadAway should be added?
You said you don't know how to do rad-away. As for Rad-X, it could check the current radiation resistance level RAD_4 to RAD_1, the lower the better and lower it by 1. The duration and wait period would have to be such that it won't stack with itself, but work near-constantly, so it synergizes with hazmat and power armour. 

> Med-X - Small chance for small decrease (10 units) in Focus
You mean FOCUS:90 for 90% focus?

> Healing potions - I don't think there should be a debuff, they are meant to heal.
Yep.

> Hydra - Maybe short-term [CE_PAIN]
Heh, except there are ways to get NOPAIN. How about the pony pretty much passes for a week and gets some nasty effects like vomiting, similar to low levels of irradiation.

> Dash - Short small decrease in Endurance and Focus, small chance of [CE_DIZZINESS] afterwards
Sounds good. Or maybe make them begin immediately (or after 50 TUs) and last longer than the positive effects.

> [...]
The rest of it looks fine.

> As a side note, what happens if you CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION the heart?
I'm not sure, I want to know.

Come to think of it, one benefit of Power Armour is that it gives autoinjector for healing potions and med-x without taking up the clots, so you[re left with pupbuck + 3 hooves for Stampede, Buck and Stealthbuck(?) plus Dash Gas Mask. You can't get everything with just combat armour. And If there was Steady, I'd ditch stealthbuck on the ranged ponies, even if I had a surplus of them.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 210