scones!
- 2 (16.7%)
biscuits!
- 1 (8.3%)
all of the above!
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. Behold! The wonders of democracy!  (Read 9409 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. Behold! The wonders of democracy!
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »

((Fun fact time: Sunday is in fact usually my busiest day. In other news I would not advise asking about Drooth Blossoms, high probability of leading to BAD END.))

[THE PLASMA CUTTER HAVE A MAXIMUM RANGE OF 0.5 METERS AND AS SUCH ARE ONLY SUITABLE AS MELEE RANGE WEAPONS. THEY WOULD BE EFFECTIVE AGAINST ARMOUR HOWEVER.
ESTIMATIONS INDICATE INSUFFICIENT TIME TO REPAIR MANUFACTORY AND CONSTRUCT SNIPER RIFLE FIREARM.
THE COMBAT DRONES APPEAR TO BE LARGELY FINE, BUT ARE CURRENTLY INACCESSIBLE WITHOUT DESTROYING LARGE AMOUNTS OF SIGNIFICANT SHIP SUPERSTRUCTURE.
NO STUN GRENADES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
OUR CRAFT IS CURRENTLY IN THE FORM A DROOTH BLOSSOM. FORTUNATELY THIS SHAPE IS AT LEAST SOMEWHAT AERODYNAMIC, OTHERWISE OUR UNORTHODOX LANDING COULD HAVE ENDED MUCH LESS PLEASANTLY. OUR MAGNETIC MAGIC FROM SELF-REPAIR SYSTEMS GIVES US A LIMITED ABILITY TO SOMEWHAT RECONFIGURE THE FORM OF THE SHIP OVER TIME, HOWEVER A GIANT DRILL IS NOT FEASIBLE AT THIS POINT IN TIME.]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While it would be impossible to seal all the gaps in the hull before the group reaches the ship, the drones should be able to seal of access to the vital systems you have managed to gain control of using scrap hull metal and some repair supplies before the gathering reaches you. As such you order them to do so posthaste.

(-1 REPAIR SUPPLIES, 102 LEFT)
[Y1:M1:D3:H3.5]

The lifeforms come within 100 metres of the spaceship. A strange mix of reverence, awe, curiosity, wariness, and the possibility of underlying aggression greets the psionic senses of the organic subcores, emanating from the lifeforms.

ROLL THE DICE OF FORTUNA
((17: Become fanatical. Decode most words in the language))

The majority of the OSCs advise to attempt to establish communications with the group. As such you have the auxiliary drone head out to act as a envoy. You first transmit a standard greeting in the language of the creators in audio format, the sounds seemingly coming from all around the congregation. All appear to react, but not with what seems to be comprehension. Thereafter you have the drone transmit a greeting through electromagnetic means, which seems to cause some of the more heavily decorated organisms to fall into the throes of what appears to be religious ecstasy. What follows is several hours of supplication and babbling from the organisms, which you eventually manage to pick apart, since fortunately most of them appear to have no form of mental protection at all. It seems that they view you as godsent heavengifts, greatly gifted in the holy ways of magnetism. Great fervour and the beginnings of fanaticism for their new gods on earth can be sensed from the beings. They apparently come from a great holy shrine to their faith to the north, close to the center of their faith, the magnetic north pole, the quadraped(whose true nature you are as yet unable to determine, though the faithful seem to speak of it in a derogatory manner), and biped from earlier apparently reported to them a great metal skybeast haunted by unseen ghosts who made unholy and unbearable loud noises from thin air without warning.

Your new worshippers ask what you will of them. Throughout all this the figure on the palanquin has remained silent and the rest of the group has not mentioned him. You detect anomalous electromagnetic emissions from him as well as some strange form of magic.

What must be done?

[Y1:M1:D3:H11]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:17:08 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2012, 03:05:44 pm »

Hey fellow OSCs, we need a martyr volunteer to ask our dearest ship what a Drooth Blossom is. Also, I doubt 'votage' is a word. Also, isn't it a bit too hardcore to hinge something as vital as the group's reaction (and, logically, all subsequent interaction) to us on a single roll?

Can we actually speak the decoded language?

Estimate their technological advancements. Decide whether they can be allowed to attempt to fix our hull (or some other non- or low-technological part). If yes, order them to do so.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2012, 03:12:10 pm »

Support OSC Dariush.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2012, 03:14:10 pm »

Nominate OSC Dariush to ask ship what a Drooth Blossom is.

you asked for it

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2012, 03:14:29 pm »

Politely decline.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »

Also, I doubt 'votage' is a word. Also, isn't it a bit too hardcore to hinge something as vital as the group's reaction (and, logically, all subsequent interaction) to us on a single roll?

Can we actually speak the decoded language?

((Normally yes, however they're reaction really could have gone either way here(see you as unholy abominations etc.) so I decided to opt for a roll this time. If you had been more specific than "establish communications" I would not have rolled.

You can imitate the sounds of the language and thus speak it yes, you're intonation and inflection is still a bit odd though.))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2012, 03:28:25 pm »

I vote to keep them away from us at all costs. We can demand materials from them but DO NOT LET THEM INSIDE THE SHIP.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »

The inside of the ship is denied to them, I agree on that.

Nominate 1 currently inactive OSC to ask of Drooth Blossoms.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2012, 05:36:34 pm »

The inside of the ship is denied to them, I agree on that.

Nominate 1 currently inactive OSC to ask of Drooth Blossoms.
I support this. If none are available, OSC Dariush should inquire.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »

We must know the secrets of the Drooth Blossoms.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2012, 06:53:11 pm »

Is Morrigi interested in asking for us?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »

Honestly its probably just a certain type of flower. Who cares? We can access the data later, after we deal with the railgun-toting savages.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:22 pm »

Ask them what they want, then offer it (As long as we actually can achieve it or it doesn't let them in the ship) and grant it and in return make them bring reasources and protect us, until the combat drones are online, these organics may be our best defense

EDIT Actually, keep them away from the ship, which is obviusly the giant metal skybeast they describe, they might lose faith in us if they see it, since I think they are worshipping the drone
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:22:35 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2012, 05:38:17 am »

((Advise not to ask about Drooth Blossoms. ASK ABOUT DROOTH BLOSSOMS. I forgot that you don't tell players not to do something. Also, I'm going to be taking a break from the quest for today, just to give y'all a headsup.))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2012, 08:24:44 am »

Why do I either get killed or become a scapegoat in every damned single forum game I play? :(

IMPOLITELY DECLINE.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7