scones!
- 2 (16.7%)
biscuits!
- 1 (8.3%)
all of the above!
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. Behold! The wonders of democracy!  (Read 9428 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. Meet the natives.
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

Determine how far removed from Creator Species lifeform is genetically.

No, determine EVERYTHING about the lifeform possible at current time.
Amended: support above
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 08:31:33 pm »

I seriously doubt the repair drone can sequence DNA, but if it can I support that as well.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:08 pm »

Determine how far removed from Creator Species lifeform is genetically.

No, determine EVERYTHING about the lifeform possible at current time.
Amended: support above

agreed

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 05:31:41 am »

((MAGIC AND PSIONICS SELECTED))

The organic subcores stir as they feel further parts of themselves long forgotten awaken. Newly awakened psionic flowers open under the nourishment of mindsuns and new sense tentacles drift in the currents of thoughtwind.

The OSCs have regained the ability to sense basic emotions at short range(200metres)!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the OSCs discuss the possibility of determining how closely related the two lifeforms are to the creator species genetically, I feel the need to interject that any sort of genetic relationship is extremely unlikely, consider that they do not appear to be plantbased at all, and what I have managed to extract from the backup database seems to suggest that we were travelling away from the creator homesystem before whatever malfunction occurred, occurred. Not to mention that we do not currently possess the capabilities to examine their genomes.

The drone skitters across the frozen water, nearing the two organic organisms. As it comes closer more detail can be determined and the drone begins a exhaustive analysis of what it can from the two lifeforms. Its thermal vision reveals that the two beings are warmer than the surrounding environment, either suggesting that they have some sort of heating apparatus or are warm-blooded. The biped appears to be wearing the, generally brown, skins of other creatures as a covering in addition to its red headhair(it's own skin is light blue in colour) while the quadruped makes do with its own fur, which is brownish in colour, though it does have some sort of covering strapped to its back. The biped carries some sort of blade in one of its manipulative appendages. what can be seen of their teeth seems to suggest a herbivorous diet for the quadruped and a high probability of omnivorous diet for the biped. As the drone starts to come closer the biped seems to begin cowering away from it. The quadruped simply stares into space, seemingly uncaring. When the drone closes to within 10 metres of the lifeforms it can start picking up what are probably heartbeats, suggesting a at least nominally conventional animalbased circulatory system within the creatures. The two creatures are about 525 metres from the ship.

Though the drone is not capable of creating audio emissions, it starts broadcasting standard greetings in the language of the creators at the two beings before it. The biped shows no reaction, continuing to shy away from the drone, while the so far unresponsive quadruped seems to give a jerk. A feeling of attention from the quadruped seems to settle on the drone, far more than was previously given.

What must be done?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:39:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 05:47:49 am »

Have repair drone slowly unretract and attempt to draw in the language of the creators on the ground with them.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 05:49:31 am »

Contact with lifeforms appears to be futile. Return droid to ship, have it search out the other [offline] repair droids, and see if repairing them is possible.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40:09 am »

Contact with lifeforms appears to be futile. Return droid to ship, have it search out the other [offline] repair droids, and see if repairing them is possible.
Agreed. Restoring self-repair functions is a priority now. We must get the other drones functional so we can seek out new resources and fix our body.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:34 am »

Support.

Let us examine... the main reactor! What is it! Can we do SCIENCE! using it! What else is in our genebanks! Oh, and do a quick PING with our EM sensors to check out if there's anything worthwhile other than these two lifeforms around.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

((Heh, the image in the first post was a spoiler. Also, in post #19 you called us the creators. Is that correct? Also, are you basing the descriptions on the pictures?))

Can the drone parts be detached?

Oppose. It's pretty obvious that we haven't given sufficient attention to the quadruped.

Broadcast to the quadruped a message 'We come in peace' in the language of the creators.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:59:28 am by Dariush »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. Meet the natives, ignore the natives.
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 11:37:31 am »

((It's not a spoiler if you don't know its a spoiler! :D Also no, I asked what the will of the creators is, small but important difference, ;). I reserve the right to take as much inspiration from pictures posted as I please, though I do mainly try to search for pictures of specific things that match what I want for the story. In other news, slight headache, yay!))

RETRIEVING DATA ON MAIN REACTOR FROM BACKUP DATABASE...
THE MAIN REACTOR APPEARS TO BE SOME FORM OF MAGICALLY ENCHANCED FUSION REACTOR
UNABLE TO USE EM SENSORS. REASON: EM SENSORS ARE OFFLINE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You opt to abstain from further communication attempts with the lifeforms and have the drone return to the ship, to search for and if necessary repair the other drones. Behind the drone the lifeforms exhibit some confusion as it proceeds to ignore them and heads back toward the crashed starship. The drone heads for the only functioning airlock it can find, heading for the nearest drone storage area. It is forced to hack away large sections of hull that blocks its path with its cutter but eventually the goal is reached. Inside the drone find 3 PRIMARY REPAIR DRONES. These drones do not posses any autonomous functions, semi or otherwise. Fortunately they appear to be only lightly damaged and the drone initiates repairs on them.
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETION: 1.8 HOURS(adding repair capabilities of primary repair drones as they come online is factored into this calculation.)
-2 DRONE REPAIR SUPPLIES

Meanwhile the audio sensors once more picks up footsteps, from the data perceived it appears the two lifeforms are once more coming nearer to the ship.

What actions must be carried out?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:44:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See If the ship has audio capacities. If so, broadcast music in a variety of frequencys, including extreme ones.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See If the ship has audio capacities. If so, broadcast noise on all possible frequencies.

Counteroffer.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. The natives are coming to getcha!
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »

Keep them away if they get too close. We don't want them messing with us, the Core, or anything else and they do seem scared of us. Finish the task at hand, then attempt further communication.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »

...DRONE REPAIR SUPPLIES? Do we have supplies for every possible function of every single item onboard? What do we have, anyway?

Also, we're half a kilometer away from those guys. What if their hearing isn't sufficiently advanced to hear us?

Oppose the offer of emitting any sound. Do we have any systems capable of modifying droids? Has the drone recorded any sounds emitted by either of the creatures? How powerful a CPU do we have? Specifically, if we record foreign language, will we be able to at least somewhat decode it?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2012, 12:43:01 pm »

...DRONE REPAIR SUPPLIES? Do we have supplies for every possible function of every single item onboard? What do we have, anyway?

Also, we're half a kilometer away from those guys. What if their hearing isn't sufficiently advanced to hear us?

Oppose the offer of emitting any sound. Do we have any systems capable of modifying droids? Has the drone recorded any sounds emitted by either of the creatures? How powerful a CPU do we have? Specifically, if we record foreign language, will we be able to at least somewhat decode it?
I oppose emitting any sound and/or lasers at the creatures until they approach within 100 meters of our location.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7