Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 226962 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1665 on: December 23, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

Hence the "or convert." Hopefully he won't waste a great gift on her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 23, 2012, 02:21:23 pm »

That could get dangerously close to emotional manipulation of our child, which i don't think is a good idea. If we do give him a playmate, we shouldn't interfere muchly in how he interacts with her. Though, perhaps we could teach her skills alongide our son.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 23, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »

I certainly agree with "don't manipulate his interactions." I would advise advising him to think twice before giving her a great gift. Advise him to give her a not-so-great gift and to save the great ones for children or perhaps very special women.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 23, 2012, 02:37:01 pm »

As for the play mate idea, it's a double edged sword, he may find love and fear, but he may also become to attached and refuse to kill.
My thoughts exactly.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 23, 2012, 02:49:29 pm »

Let's at least learn what we got. But I am against turning the captive into a playmate
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 23, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »

Is the captive even alive?
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 23, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »

Not the captive, a young elven girl, perhaps we could teach her to become a fine warrior, and then if he does convert her she will already have power.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 23, 2012, 02:53:11 pm »

Naw, let's eat the bitch.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 23, 2012, 02:54:20 pm »

If he train his playmate then the issue of gift-giving won't be as *much* of an issue, because at least we will know she is capable.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 23, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »

Yeah, it generally isn't a good idea to let your child bond with the Christmas ham.

He is very young and impressionable, and won't lust for fear until he is much older.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 23, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »

I actually think it's a great idea for him to develop a childhood friend for him to attach to, that might help teach him the lesson we know well that some of our consorts do not: restraint. Once his instincts kick in he probably won't want to kill his friend, and the lesson will be learned that even though night trolls tend towards evil we need not be evil in every action, sometimes compassion and friendship is a better tool than tooth and nail.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 23, 2012, 03:05:36 pm »

But we don't want him to dissociate mortals and food.
Give him a lovebird or bear cub as a pet instead.  Same general lesson, with not eating everything he finds, but this way he won't become hesitant when told to kill Elves or Humans.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 23, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »

I actually think it's a great idea for him to develop a childhood friend for him to attach to, that might help teach him the lesson we know well that some of our consorts do not: restraint. Once his instincts kick in he probably won't want to kill his friend, and the lesson will be learned that even though night trolls tend towards evil we need not be evil in every action, sometimes compassion and friendship is a better tool than tooth and nail.
I like this idea.

But we don't want him to dissociate mortals and food.
Give him a lovebird or bear cub as a pet instead.  Same general lesson, with not eating everything he finds, but this way he won't become hesitant when told to kill Elves or Humans.
Just have him eat other people. He should learn that while most people are okay to kill if you must, some people are worth keeping alive if you can.
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 23, 2012, 08:34:09 pm »

But will he be willing to convert her?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 23, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »

Lets leave the decision up to him if we go down that route of thinking, give him some free will of consequence.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143