Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 226947 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1650 on: December 22, 2012, 11:07:06 pm »

Agreed.
Dwarves are a longer-term goal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 22, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »

Animalmen tribes don't have any system of government except for the occassional bandit leader, they'd be the easiest to bring under our spell, it would make good practice i think.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 22, 2012, 11:48:57 pm »

Animalmen tribes don't have any system of government except for the occassional bandit leader, they'd be the easiest to bring under our spell, it would make good practice i think.
Right, especially if we can convince them we're a mythical demon or some such bullshit.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 22, 2012, 11:54:06 pm »

Or at least stronger and wiser than the last leader.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 23, 2012, 12:58:51 am »

Maybe we should consider giving Gwendolyn our healing necklace for at least a bit, to minimize potential damage from childbirth and make sure her kidney damage from that stray crossbowbolt heals fully.
Is that arrow still in our shoulder? Or just update tomfoolery?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:00:28 am by Mlamlah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 23, 2012, 01:05:23 am »

Sensible enough.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 23, 2012, 04:12:18 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eh, I hoped for a more spectacular phoenix...

Quiver is not a huge problem.
Hip quiver will counter that problem

I suggest

1) Order the ghost to make the said quiver (or rather modify existing), remake chainmail for our puppet, make steel swords for Gwen and make helmets, boots and gauntlets for the whole party. The puppet should aid him and try to learn thing or two.
2) We and Gwen should spend our time with the mermaid, we need to know more about Nocteclaw (We should focus on scriptures, not invocation skill. Learn about the Goddess before considering to use her powers)
3) Alice should start training to fly, surely she'll find some birds that will aid her in that
4) The rogue should try to snatch someone, we need a fear source for our preggos. Also she may try to steal magic books and trap components

You decide against naming the baby. Gwendolyn and Kelpmier are a bit disappointed but they understand.

For the benefit of the ladies, you explain how baby night trolls work. The kid will be a fast learner, and should have a decent vocabulary by the time he is two months old. Once he has the basics of language he can be taught mundane skills. Once you feel he is mature enough to understand the risks he can be taught the arcane arts as well.

He wont have any sort of compulsion to consume the fearful until he is at least 7 or 8 years, and he will be perfectly happy with any meat until then. Still, you note that he should be taught how to properly torment and consume sentient beings from a young age.

Family time quickly turns into a three way game of 'who speaks better elven' between yourself, Alice, and Gwen. Despite your elven backgrounds, both Gwendolyn and yourself have to admit that Alice has you beat when she recites the classic elven love poem 'Amazons in the River' from memory. All 20 stanzas of it.

Jimma then entertains the group with some of her war stories. Today's tale covers the time when an evil witch of the north sent five massive ice golems to attack the fortress. The monsters lay seige, and the dwarves knew they had to clear them out before the Caravan arrived. A lottery was held held for all the soldiers; the winner would have the honor of laying down his life to lead the golems into the Obsidian Casting Chamber. The dwarf who won was Jimma's squad leader, and he decided to throw a huge going away party the night before the suicide mission.

"He wanted to die happy, so he decreed that his axe and rank would be inherited by the woman in the squadron who best pleased him that night. I think the fact that my axe used to belong to him speaks to the results of that little contest. If you look carefully you will notice that I have had the handle studded with obsidian from the batch that he was part of.
"

You spend the rest of the day with the three available consorts while Kelpmier watches the baby. Shortly after dusk Rox arrives. Alice and the Tiger Woman have a brief private conversation before the later leaves to go hunting. Reminded about the feast you head to the forge and put in an order for platinum dinnerware.

When you get back to the consorts Cherlyn has arrived. She carries a toolbox full of trap components in one hand and a squirming, fearful, bloodsoaked bag in the other. 1d20 = 15 + 4(Minion is very well suited to the task) - 2(Minion is not yet used to her own body) = 17

"That sneaky bitch caught two, but ate one on the way back!"
Gwendolyn informs you as you enter the room.

"Not my fault. The urge to do so was overwhelming. You three suck ups should be glad that I saved one for you and your lover..."

Cherlyn turns to you. "But thanks though. I am clearly better suited to be a night creature than an elf, so I do appreciate you making a monster out of me. Now I don't have to pretend to feel bad."

The rouge gives you a quick and surprising kiss on the lips. You feel compelled to lick the fear soaked blood of her victim from her face and clothes, but Cherlyn pulls away before you can act. You are fairly sure she just baited and tormented your instincts on purpose. Before you complain the consort leaves the room to stash her catch in the dungeon.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 23, 2012, 05:41:36 am »

Okay, perhaps now is a good time to get to work making a table and chairs. Have Alice help us coax would out of trees, taking the opportunity to ask her what she thinks of her new form, suggest she make a hip quiver. Then get to work forming the furniture. If it's a failure? Ah well, at least we practiced plant empathy.
Talk to the family about Foghorn and his family, emphasize that severe repercussions will follow from any unauthorized violence against any of them, gauge their reactions.
Spend time with the child, talk to him about our plans for the future, and how we look forward to seeing what kind of night troll he'll grow up to be.

Notes on Long Term Planes: For building walls and trenches, i just realised something that would make travel for those friendly to us back and forth relatively easily. We could have saddles for some of our 36 lovebirds made. Teach some of them how to bear riders. That way we could easily ferry those friendly to us back and forth. 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 23, 2012, 07:02:02 am »

What a sweet family we have. My suggestions

1) Study the catch of the rogue, it should be put in dungeon but well fed, hydrated and defended from consorts
2) Don't let  Cherlyn to setup traps, we are waiting for the guest
3) Order Cherlyn to patrol the area, look for two men clothed like Kelpmier, but do not attack them, just inform us about the threat
4) Go to nice wood gathering party around the tower ( We, Alice, Jimma)  We should listen to trees carefully, if we find the ones, that look too unfriendly to night trolls- cut it with axe and bring wood to the tower. (we have a proficient woodcutter, why don't use her? And that is plan B for failed plant empathy. Of cause it's better to not overdo, battleaxe should stay sharp)  If it's friendly - ask nicely for furniture. Yes use that as an opportunity to chat with Alice about her flying practice, general mood, Rox reaction on her new form and stuff like that. Be gentle. And discuss importance of learning fire manipulation for her
The only thing I fear, that trees may be to scared by Alice's wings to cooperate
5) If we do have souls in Gwens old sword, then I repeat my  fire book idea. Use the brain, some dragon bits, book itself and souls to make magical fire manipulation manual... It can be very useful and a nice thing to brag about. Gwen should try that
6) Else, just have Gwen carry for the birds, make them  feel more comfortable, gather eggs for the feast, gather some feathers for our storage of materials, choose some smarter lovebirds for trainer. We may help her at some time, animal empathy should be trained

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:43:14 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 23, 2012, 07:04:39 am »

Just a thought: What if we found a 'playmate' for our son, one that he can learn to terrify and torment and eventually choose to convert or kill? I think that would be quite useful.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 23, 2012, 09:32:32 am »

Two dorfbucks says the witch was Alice's mother.

Okay, perhaps now is a good time to get to work making a table and chairs. Have Alice help us coax would out of trees, taking the opportunity to ask her what she thinks of her new form, suggest she make a hip quiver. Then get to work forming the furniture. If it's a failure? Ah well, at least we practiced plant empathy.
Sounds like a plan. Why just Alice, though? Make it a family outing. We know Gwen also knows plant empathy (I think), and the other former elves may, too. Besides, it's fun to do things together...or at least more fun than doing it alone.

Talk to the family about Foghorn and his family, emphasize that severe repercussions will follow from any unauthorized violence against any of them, gauge their reactions.
Nothing against this. Foghorn is our guest, and a very powerful one at that.

Spend time with the child, talk to him about our plans for the future, and how we look forward to seeing what kind of night troll he'll grow up to be.
Nothing wrong with this. People talk to their babies before they'll really understand them in the real world, too.

Notes on Long Term Planes: For building walls and trenches, i just realised something that would make travel for those friendly to us back and forth relatively easily. We could have saddles for some of our 36 lovebirds made. Teach some of them how to bear riders. That way we could easily ferry those friendly to us back and forth.
Aside from referring to this as infinite 2-dimensional figures, nothing wrong and much agreeable here.

Just a thought: What if we found a 'playmate' for our son, one that he can learn to terrify and torment and eventually choose to convert or kill? I think that would be quite useful.
Hm. Maybe when he's older. I'm sure a real playmate wouldn't go unappreciated either.

As I mentioned above, Alice used the plural when stating that she'd rather watch others try raising a child first. Who should we impregnate before Alice, and what gift should we use? Note that I'm not suggesting we do so now; maybe after Foghorn visits.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 23, 2012, 10:19:10 am »

As I mentioned above, Alice used the plural when stating that she'd rather watch others try raising a child first. Who should we impregnate before Alice, and what gift should we use?
1) I'd not take her words literally. She just said that she is not ready to make children right now.
2) Jimma is pregnant already
3) Impregnating our rogue is a bad idea
4) Gwen deserves a rest from baby making

I think we may send Alice away someday (her mother's land look fine enough), pregnant with the left stone. It's a way to ensure our survival, new basket for our racial eggs

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 23, 2012, 10:30:07 am »

As I mentioned above, Alice used the plural when stating that she'd rather watch others try raising a child first. Who should we impregnate before Alice, and what gift should we use?
1) I'd not take her words literally. She just said that she is not ready to make children right now.
2) Jimma is pregnant already
3) Impregnating our rogue is a bad idea
4) Gwen deserves a rest from baby making

I think we may send Alice away someday (her mother's land look fine enough), pregnant with the left stone. It's a way to ensure our survival, new basket for our racial eggs
2. Huh?
5. Not a bad idea, if we can keep in touch.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 23, 2012, 10:33:15 am »

Few updates back we impregnated Jimma with the gift of hideousness

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 23, 2012, 10:33:58 am »

As for the play mate idea, it's a double edged sword, he may find love and fear, but he may also become to attached and refuse to kill.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 143