Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 226972 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #840 on: December 06, 2012, 02:25:51 am »

Ahh, okay, well, another thing on the to train list.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 06, 2012, 03:43:26 am »

Hm....

You know what we should do roleplaywise after we survived near death? Ensure survival of our species and impregnate Gwen... or convert Alice and impregnate her. And do not tell me that impregnation is not an optimal way to spend a gift. If (when) we die I want to continue as our son

BTW I am sure that we need to spend the first gift to create a son and keep the line of jumping, stealthy tattooed hypnotic night trolls. We have no dire need to do that right now, while we are at tower, but next time we are going to do anything dangerous - ensure our survival

As for what to do... I suggest sending Gwen on the hunt... (and give her soul catching amulet)  It's risky, but she have to learn and we need to spend some time with Alice and let her train us (also we should visit "forgot the name" dwarf)

Oh, visit the dwarf now, and ask if he can make a healing artifact in exchange for freedom, if he can't - then send Gwen away (most likely he can't but it's worth a try)

And for the gods sake let's not ask for Foghorn help yet again, or we'll lose his respect

I am sure that we need to spend some time with Alice alone, and the best way to do that is to send Gwen away. because if our consort will attack our friend... That will end badly

And one more thing - consort is far less valuable than respect of a powerful wizard. We can get new consort quite easily, but getting wizard ally is hard

Aaaand another thing - Gwen may get insulted by the fact that we are overprotective and don't think that she can hunt alone. So let her hunt
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:59:20 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 06, 2012, 07:22:06 am »

I don't think we need to spend a gift to impregnate someone...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 06, 2012, 07:51:43 am »

Mature: You are physically and mentally capable of converting and impregnating mates. To do so you must spend a "Gift" perk. "Gift" perks can be gained by rolling very high, learning new skills, or through other supernatural means. If you create a child it may be born with some traits of it's mother in addition to whatever gift you use to conceive it.
 First Gift: Can be spent to convert or impregnate a mate. The night troll created will have your four physical features. Gifts that grant more than two traits are rare, so this may be worth saving for somebody special.
Gift of Puppetry: Can be spent to convert or impregnate a mate. The night troll created will be bound to follow your commands for as long as you both live. You will be made aware of any major changes to your puppet's health or location.
Gift of Hideousness: Can be spent to convert or impregnate a mate. The night troll created will appear so unatural and ugly that it will almost always elicit a powerful emotional response (typically fear, disgust, or anger) in any mortal who lays eyes on it.

Speaking of gifts, we should finish learning fire, animal empathy and eon magic, hopefully that will give us a nice gift or two ( I still think that Alice should be converted)

Oh, and Weirdsound We got no partial skill points no for sending treasure chest into the future nor for evading the unicorns is that intended?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:16:47 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:58 pm »

I gave one for evading the 'corns. May have forgotten on the chest.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21:13 pm »

But it's still
Improving Eon Mage: Your Eon magic skill will increase if you succeed in 2 successful Eon Manipulation actions 
in the stats... I am quite sure that it was 2 right from the update when we killed an elf

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:15 pm »

I'll look into it after class then.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 06, 2012, 02:42:40 pm »

back to the suggestions...

I propose such course of action:

1) Send Gwen hunting, we need a healing item and we need to get rid of her to spend some time with Alice
2) Discuss possible conversion with Alice, explain her how gifts work, explain that while it's  an unpleasant procedure, conversion doesn't need to include sex, explain that immortality is a good thing, explain that she will retain her own memories and free will and finally add that we don't convert our friends without their consent.
3) Visit the dwarf and ask about the spear
4) Try to train one lovebird as a mount or at least a pack animal (seriously guys why didn't you take one lovebird to the chest?)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 06, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »

It would be a better use to have a child.
Technically, we are still the last night troll.  Our consorts are just that, consorts.  So they can't turn humans into night trolls.  And we can only have sons.  So we want to have a son to ensure our race's survival.
And I still think Alice is way more useful as a human than she could be as a troll.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:42 pm »

Converting Alice would be a very short term decision. She's *already* a loyal ally and we clearly don't have nearly enough underlings. We should use our gift to expand our servants not limit them. I've already said before, we really need a human underling, we can't deal with the civilized races, she can. We *will* occassionally need to buy stuff, for example, we could send Alice into town in order to gather various healing herbs and potions and things. We could not do that if she was a night troll. If you want another night troll in the group i would much rather we convert someone who would be an enemy otherwise, or impregnate Gwen.
Converting Alice serves what purpose? None.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 06, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »

Impregnation is good for Gwen, and Alice is fine how she is now. And I agree with using first gift on our child, he will be stealthy, invisible, tatooed, jumpy w/ a bit ofeon displacing blink from his mother(For some reason I envision Kha'zix from LoL)
I agree with Ukrainian Ranger: send Gwen hunting for souls

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 06, 2012, 04:21:57 pm »

Guys, do you see any difference in talking about converting and converting? We don't even have a suitable gift for her ATM. But learning about the options is important.  As well as removing Alice's fear

As for the whole spy\trader thing. It may be useful some times but I really prefer a strong trained mage to that as well as mother with wizard genes. Humans are way too fragile and prone to accidental deaths from consorts\sons\other night creature allies and enemies

trained mage boosted by a suitable gift = useless, really?

And no, we don't impregnate Gwen now, it's a bad idea to send pregnant mother of our child  hunting... Again don't mix long term and short term goals
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:25:28 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 06, 2012, 04:25:57 pm »

Guys, do you see any difference in talking about converting and converting? We don't even have a suitable gift for her ATM. But learning about the options is important.  As well as removing Alice's fear

As for the whole spy\trader thing. It may be useful some times but I really prefer a strong trained mage to that as well as mother with wizard genes. Humans are way too fragile and prone to accidental deaths from consorts\sons\other night creature allies and enemies

Yeah, but a diplomat is much more useful.  We got insanely lucky running into a sympathetic human when we first got here.  We are not going to get so lucky again.

But we should keep our allies and our family mostly separate.  Gwen can barely contain herself.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 06, 2012, 04:28:31 pm »

Mature: You are physically and mentally capable of converting and impregnating mates. To do so you must spend a "Gift" perk. "Gift" perks can be gained by rolling very high, learning new skills, or through other supernatural means. If you create a child it may be born with some traits of it's mother in addition to whatever gift you use to conceive it.
 First Gift: Can be spent to convert or impregnate a mate. The night troll created will have your four physical features. Gifts that grant more than two traits are rare, so this may be worth saving for somebody special.
Gift of Puppetry: Can be spent to convert or impregnate a mate. The night troll created will be bound to follow your commands for as long as you both live. You will be made aware of any major changes to your puppet's health or location.
Gift of Hideousness: Can be spent to convert or impregnate a mate. The night troll created will appear so unatural and ugly that it will almost always elicit a powerful emotional response (typically fear, disgust, or anger) in any mortal who lays eyes on it.
Ah...why is that?

Eventually use the first gift on our firstborn son, but for now tell Gwen and Alice to stop bickering and each argue their case logically. That way, we can make a better decision and can act like we're a logical being.

I think that Alice won't get any  "training" in wizardry from being a night consort, we're not a lot tougher, and how do you suggest we get anything safely that we can't get from the forest if we don't have a human who trusts us? We will need weapons and such eventually. Besides, A. it also gives us a better rep if we don't convert every woman we run across and B. converting Alice means one less kid. Night troll wizard<Wizard+Night Troll, potential wizard.

We already have one of those. What we don't have is someone to chat with humans and such. While the gifts could enhance her, see how we're mostly having Gwen use her pre-conversion talents? The Gifts mostly don't help much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 06, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »

we're not a lot tougher,
We are quite tough comparing to regular human. And that's highly depends on gift

and how do you suggest we get anything safely that we can't get from the forest if we don't have a human who trusts us?
Well, I don't like the whole safely part, I prefer combat and building an army to negotiating\trading with prey

and counter question - what do you need in town that Alice can help us right now? What do we need in towns that we can't get otherwise?

While the gifts could enhance her, see how we're mostly having Gwen use her pre-conversion talents?
Gift was quite minor and not compatible with her skills
Now imagine boosting Alice with something like animal empathy gift. Hello animal army.
I repeat right now we have no gift that will make Alice better ally, but that may change
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 143