Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 227488 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2012, 05:40:56 pm »

Sneak quietly out, look at the people. Then plan how to slay the men and bed the women.
The woman is going to be the easiest of the three to deal with, I'm thinking.
You're assuming it's two men and a woman by hearing one name?
I don't know very many men with the name Esmerelda.  Or many women who are fathers.  And we've seen the mage.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2012, 06:08:37 pm »

Sneak quietly out, look at the people. Then plan how to slay the men and bed the women.
I don't think that's a healthy assumption anyway, these could be mages, or Night creatures for all we know, which is next to nothing.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2012, 06:17:51 pm »

She's the youngest of the mages that we haven't incapacitated.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2012, 06:18:08 pm »

I don't think that's a healthy assumption anyway, these could be mages, or Night creatures for all we know, which is next to nothing.
I meant the bedding.  That should be simple, since we're going to transform her into a hideous beautiful night troll consort.

But Grek is right.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You try to sneak out quietly, but the cell door refuses to comply, and gives a loud groan when you open it. Seconds later you hear footsteps coming down the stairs to the basement. You activate your camouflage and instinctively freeze. A woman holding a torch enters the room.

Her robes betray the fact that she at least fancies herself a witch, and her necklace of humanoid knuckle-bones implies that she has the skill to kill or money to buy knuckle-bones. She is neither particularly old nor particularly young, but since you are barely an adolescent you suspect that she may have more magical talent than you do. If the other person in the building is in fact her father he is likely more powerful still... you shudder at the implication; your attempt to revive the night troll race could end before it begins!

The woman scans the room with her eyes and her torch, and sadly your camouflage doesn't hold out against her search. She instinctively holds out her palm in your direction and charges up some kind of spell, but when she speaks there is more curriosity than hostility or fear in her voice. "What... are you?"

Your Roll: 1d20 = 8 + 2(Camouflage against somebody searching) + 3(Stealth) = 13
Her Roll:  1d20 = 16 + 2(Torch) = 18

"Um... eeermmm...."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2012, 08:22:00 pm »

"Help. My people are dying, maybe dead, and only you can help them."

((Really glad we got Communication...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2012, 08:33:31 pm »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2012, 08:33:55 pm »

Use hypnotic gaze on her as well, to help persuade her.  Do it subtly though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2012, 09:25:25 pm »

Oh, yeah, do this too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2012, 09:37:55 pm »

We could also show her our sweet tats.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2012, 11:23:52 pm »

Oh, yeah, do this too.

+1, maybe add a reference to our magical knowledge to make sure they don't try to... dissect us or something

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2012, 01:21:17 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You drop the camouflage act and color your skin so that the tattoos are prominently displayed. You then focus your hypnotic gaze upon her. Sadly however Esmeralda seems more motivated by curiosity than self preservation, so her behavior isn't particularly altered. You do however detect that she changes the type of spell she is charging to one you can recognize; Night Creature Empathy. You figure she intends to scan you.

"Help." you say weakly. "m-my people are dying, maybe d-dead, and only you c-can help them." 1d20 = 8 + 1(Skill) + 1(Hypnotized Target) = 10

The woman looks you over. "You are the biggest damn boogeyman I have ever seen..." she mutters before casting her spell. 1d20 = 6 + 4(Her Skill) = 10

A purple light engulfs you briefly as her spell works it's magic. The glow is rather weak, so you doubt she is able to get that much information from the scan. "No... not a Boogeyman. But definitely a being of the night... You said your people were dying? We should go see my dad. He will know what you are for sure. He is right up stairs, dealing with the nasty wizard who put you here."

What luck. Some combination of her amazement at the sight of you, and your hypnotic gaze, has caused the girl to miss the fact that your cell door is open and you are clearly nobodies prisoner. You breath a sigh of relief.

"You got a name there big guy?"

"Ummm.... errrmm..."

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2012, 02:32:56 am »

Choose something that sounds impressive. Like Okirgomath (Elder-Legend in dwarven)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2012, 02:52:08 am »

Tell her the truth. No, we don't have a name.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2012, 03:33:34 am »

Shoot. Was gonna update once more before crashing, but we have contradicting suggestions. If the tie isn't broken by the time I wake up, I'll roll to see who gets their way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 143