Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 222932 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2012, 11:15:19 pm »

"It ate a child? Whoops..."

Flee for the basement? Try to look innocent? What was I planning to do right now, again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »

-Wrong Topic-

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2012, 11:37:24 pm »

Go the opposite direction as the Sasquatch, seek a bird again.
Alternatively, hold down in the basement and rest that wound.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »

+1 to bird
find insects instead. if asked what we were doing, say that we tried to fight the Sasquatch early in it's rampage.

Also, as to the arm removal idea, anyone read Beowulf? Remember what happened to Grendel the invincible monster? (side note: nothing makes you hate a book faster than English class)
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2012, 11:58:24 pm »

Didn't Beowulf rip Grendel's arm off or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2012, 12:16:39 am »

Yep. Grendel had enough magic to stroll through the massed military of the Danish people, eat thirty of them, and leave without a scratch. Turns out he was enchanted to be immune to all human weapons. When Beowulf tore off his arm, Grendel died of blood loss a few minutes later.

Allegories aside, I'm liking the potential of the potion in the "tie Vindel to the bed" scheme. Perception blotting+stealth+sleeping target= easy as breathing.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2012, 01:17:42 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deciding to leave the Sasquatch to his or her own devices you head off in the other direction, back into the woods. You hope to find a bird to get your message to Alice, but all you encounter are those of the annoying singing type. You suspect something like a Chickadee or Finch would sing the secret of your plight to the entire damn forest and alert any damn Animal Empath who cares to listen in.

You search desperately for an avian beast with a bit of dignity or self control; an owl perhaps, or a hawk. You would even settle for a dove at this point. You search the tree-tops so intently that you lose track of yourself and become hopelessly lost. You wander all night until the compulsions forced upon you by Vindel's bracelet lead you back to his shop just before dawn. 1d20 = 5 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 1(You see better in the dark) = 3

You find Vindel in the basement awaiting your arrival with his trademark smugness. "How was your evening Mr. Troll?"

"Just rotten. Some big ape got into town and I tried to take it on. I think It broke my arm."

Vindel approaches for a closer look, and continues to speak without once changing his condescending tone or expression. "I see. That does inconvenience us. I had a job for you tonight. Awwwww well. Its not time sensitive. We can get you fixed first... Let me get you a split to keep the pain in check and prevent you from further aggravating the injury for now."

Vindel quickly binds your arm before pondering future treatment. "Now then; the way I see it we have two options on how to proceed with fixing you. I could try some of the healing items that I know how to make; however those are made for human elves and dwarves so I'm not quite sure if you can benefit or not. The other option is to bring in an expert Night-Creature empath to suggest a proper course of treatment... but we'd have to kill the bastard after he finishes. Since you know your body better than I do I'll let you pick. Decide by noon."

The elf heads to the stairway. "I'll leave you down here for now. No coming upstairs during shop hours. I'll check in on you every so often. Let me know if you need anything or get bored."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:44:02 am by Weirdsound »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:49 am »

Our luck has turned sour, we need to turn around this streak.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2012, 01:46:14 am »

I vote we try the elf medicine first. Even if it doesn't work, we need to find out whether or not it does on something minor like a hurt arm rather than something more serious.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2012, 01:48:24 am »

I agree, just on principle i don't think we should kill one of the very few people who could prove sympathetic to night creatures just to fix a broken bone.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2012, 01:50:15 am »

Yeah. And if we have to find and then kill one every time we get hurt, we're going to run out of people that can heal us really quick.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2012, 06:02:51 am »

Hm, injury benefits us in fact

That empath is our chance to do the arm cutting trick :P
If we will be allowed to keep the healing items, it may help, too

Agree to use elven items AND ask about empath.
Ask something like
" Are there are really idiots around that like to interact with night creatures without precautions like your masterwork bracelet? I am curios who is this moron who doesn't understand that he'll get eaten sooner or later"
In short make it look like a simple curiosity. And that we despise that empath. And flattery is our weapon, make him believe that we think that he is a genius

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2012, 08:24:00 am »

Hm, injury benefits us in fact

That empath is our chance to do the arm cutting trick :P
If we will be allowed to keep the healing items, it may help, too

Agree to use elven items AND ask about empath.
Ask something like
" Are there are really idiots around that like to interact with night creatures without precautions like your masterwork bracelet? I am curios who is this moron who doesn't understand that he'll get eaten sooner or later"
In short make it look like a simple curiosity. And that we despise that empath. And flattery is our weapon, make him believe that we think that he is a genius
Sounds like a plan. Spend the time before Vindel returns studying Intro to the Inferno.
Sig

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2012, 08:58:48 am »

can we use night creature empathy on ourselves?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:41 am »

...To what purpose? Schizophrenia?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 143