Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 222836 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »

She is a teen. What do you think she'll answer?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:04 pm »

she was the one who suggested it.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »

It is only polite.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2012, 08:48:43 pm »

No, it's not polite, treating a teen like a kid and asking her "how do you feel?" is a sure way to annoy her. It's disrespect
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2012, 08:51:29 pm »

No, it's not polite, treating a teen like a kid and asking her "how do you feel?" is a sure way to annoy her. It's disrespect
+1 from the 15yr old. now to mention she is the daughter of a warlock.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:50 pm »

Ask, then ask if she wants to investigate the elf.

Emphasize that you're asking out of concern for her well-being and because you're not used to humans' sleep patterns.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »

Emphasize that you're asking out of concern for her well-being and because you're not used to humans' sleep patterns.
Agreed

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »

Agreed
once again, she is the one who asked us do it. If she didn't want him dead, she wouldn't have come up with the idea.

EDIT-also, unless the elf is also a streaker and has no equipment, then we can get something to replace Alice's belt.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:00:55 pm by racnor »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2012, 02:43:23 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go and talk to the elf, make a decision after that.

You ask Alice if she is feeling up to dealing with the Elf. "Exhaustion is indeed setting in Sir Beast, but dealing with an injured hunter shouldn't require more than a few minutes of our time. Let us have our way with the Elf and then retire."

Decideing not to argue you allow her to lead you to the elf. When you get close Alice informs you that she is not great at sneaking around, and that she will wait where she is and hurry over if she hears a struggle. You leave Alice behind and begin to creep slowly in the direction of the hunter.

At last you lay eyes upon him. The once proud elf is now on the ground with a broken leg. A trained hunting wolf circles around it's master, protecting the hunter. You note that aside from the beast the elf protects himself with a dagger and a bow. You doubt either of those weapons will be effective against you from the ground.

You focus your might into your legs, and make a daring leap onto a thick branch right above the hunter's head. You are so close now that you could reach down and touch him if you wish. A smirk forms on your face; your approach, jump, and landing were executed silently. There is no way he could no you are here. 1d20 = 20 + 3(Stealth) + 3(Camouflage verses On Guard Target) + 2(It is dark) = 28 +1 Point Stealth Skill

Wolves however are somewhat more perceptive than elves, and although it cannot see you, the hunting beast quickly determines that something isn't quite right. The hunter picks up on this and begins to fear for his safety... fear... fear...

For the first time in your life you can taste it, fear that you are responsible for. Not your dad, nor your siblings, nor even your mother, but YOU. Your instincts start firing on all cylinders. You want to prolong this fear. Soak it in. Mix it with pain. Let it season his meat. You catch yourself drooling, but find yourself unable or unwilling to care.

You were planning on talking to the elf, and perhaps that is still the correct way to proceed, But is it worth blowing such a perfect hiding spot? And what could you possibly say in this situation...

-Is this what being a night troll is? Is this my birthright?-

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2012, 03:38:48 am »

Whisper to the elf so that only he can hear us:

"Hello, elfling... Tell me, what is your name?"

"My name is unimportant. I am the night."

Slowly drizzle oil onto him as you continue to speak.

"I am fear."

Get out your fire starter. Let sparks fall onto the oil-drenched elf.

"I am... death."

BURN HIM ALIVE.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2012, 04:08:21 am »

Night trolls were genocided for exactly that kind of behavior. Our task is to save our kind even if this means to go against our own nature. We didn't fell to temptation to mate with young and sweet Alice, should be able to resisit temptation to kill the elf. At least right now

Try to soothe the wolf, if not successful put the animal in a time loop. Then we'll decide how to communicate with the elf

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2012, 04:16:30 am »

Night trolls were genocided for exactly that kind of behavior. Our task is to save our kind even if this means to go against our own nature. We didn't fell to temptation to mate with young and sweet Alice, should be able to resisit temptation to kill the elf. At least right now

Try to soothe the wolf, if not successful put the animal in a time loop. Then we'll decide how to communicate with the elf
Agreed. Also, why does everyone want to start a fire that might burn the entire forest?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2012, 07:08:12 am »

I s is dark enough to control shadows? if so, cover the ranger with the illusion of a fallen deer and increase the wolf's hunger. We shall add betrayal to our seasoning.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2012, 07:28:03 am »

Agreed. Also, why does everyone want to start a fire that might burn the entire forest?
Agreed, and bear in mind that we're the same community that uses magma for everything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2012, 05:26:00 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You try to sooth the wolf with animal empathy. Like earlier with the deer you are fairly sure you are casting the spell with at least some success, but the wolf either fails to understand or doesn't believe you message of 'everything is all right'. It begins to get even more worked up, and the elf begins to feel greater and more gratifying fear. 1d20 = 11 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 1(Tattoos) = 9

The urges become even stronger, but hold strong. To earn a reputation as a killer now, before the tower is at least fortified, would be to express a death wish; the end of your race. You need to talk to the Elf, but first you must deal with his pet. With a smile you revert to your strong suit; eon manipulation. With a quick gesture you throw the wolf into a time loop, but groan as you realize that once again you have overdone it; the spell is critically cast and will be difficult and time consuming to break. 1d20 = 16 + 4(Skill) + 1(Tattoos) = 21.

The Elf, upon noticing his companion repeating the same two seconds over and over again begins to briefly panic, however just as his fear starts to become too delectable to ignore any longer, he manages to gather himself and calm down a bit.

He clears his throat and cries out to the night. "Vindel. Come out here! Enough games! If you want me dead so be it, BUT ENOUGH WITH THE GAMES! YOU WON! NOW BE A MAN AND END IT VINDEL!"

-Sounds like I'm not the only one with the urge to kill this fool...-
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 143