Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 226927 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1620 on: December 22, 2012, 02:30:58 pm »

Which language is Shádorocul?

Also, can you translate our brother's name into, say, Elvish?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 22, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »

I am in favor of giving our children a baby name. Personal choice if Gwen doesn't have her heart set on a different name, would be Grimehammer after our beloved eldest brother, who taught us so much.

We should probably spend this time caring for our new consorts, the baby, etc. instead of focusing on training. We are going to be a Family Troll.

I approve of everything said here, including our honoring of our brother grimehammer.

I think that our priority should be spending time with our family for at least an update, we need to reinforce that we care for them and that they are our priority. We can hold off on preparing for foghorns arrival until Rox gets here.
I approve of platinum tableware, it shouldn't take that much platinum to make tableware, and it would be nice to show off a little. Of course wait until after our smith is done preparing our armor.
Lets store some of our junk that we've been carrying around, we do not need it, first of all those pockets of sand.

Long term: personally i think that when we begin teaching our child, we should focus on stealth and camouflage at least initially, with gwen teaching him how to blink around. After that we get on magic, but our defensive and survival ability of our child is the priority.
I still think that a steady supply of food may become an issue, maybe we should look into acquiring more livestock.

Defences: Maybe we should practice using our staff to build trenches around the tower at some point, we can have a small bridge built that can easily be dropped over for one person at a time crossing. We could consider making the trench a moat at some point and maybe even making a spiky palisade on our side, pointing towards the trench, we and our child should easily be able to cross with jumping as well as alice, all of which should be able to ferry others across. It could become a pain in the ass crossing sometimes, but that's kind of the point. This would make it very difficult for large war parties to cross to us without some kind of destructive mage, and we could ourselves battle with any kind of flying enemies.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 22, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »

I'm not sure about giving the baby a full-blown name yet. Maybe a truncated version of our brother's name to start, then he has to earn a longer name like we did.

Do night trolls grow up chronologically or with fear? Or both?

How would we get livestock?

The defensive ideas sound good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 22, 2012, 04:35:43 pm »

well, we eat people, and so to get lifestock we pull  a Patient Zero, and get a mating pair of humans( or elves)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 22, 2012, 04:43:05 pm »

A what?

Anyways, unless we find a spell or something that makes them gestate and develop faster, we'll need a veritable village to sustain us. Although if we had that magic and a few spare females, I bet we could find male volunteers pretty easily...
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 22, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

We have a entire family of magic users coming over one of them is bound to know something for the above problem.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 22, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

I have a few solutions to that problem, one, we are a skilled eon mage, i'm sure we could figure out something. Two, we have a gift that may be bestowed that allows aging by touch, we could bring children to adulthood very quickly.
However, i'm opposed to the idea of using people as livestock, i feel like that could very easily bring the wrath of mortals upon us if they learn of it. I'm sure that many races would see our enslaving of people to gain a steady food source as a pretty horrifying thing to do. I feel it bears a lot of risks of drawing powerful and vengeful folk  upon us.
I'm much more inclined towards merely sending someone out to a town to purchase livestock, much more simple. Subterranean livestock would be best, like rutherers or something, but i doubt we'll find something like that. Maybe sheep or cows or something, hell, we could go into the true spirit of DF and breed dogs and cats.

Edit: come to think of it, if we got the worship of primitive tribes, we could probably convince them to make sacrifices on our behalf. Sick infants, criminals, the elderl.. that sort of thing, we could convince them that we're even being benevolent to the people we take.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:06:46 pm by Mlamlah »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 22, 2012, 05:14:33 pm »

To survive we need fear and meat

So a village that scared of us + regular livestock may be enough
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 22, 2012, 05:37:22 pm »

Well, once Alice learns fire manipulation and flying and stuff, we can plan an idealogical takeover of a nearby tribe. Until then, spend time with family, and maybe chat with people about where some such tribes may be.

Also consider requesting a description of how each of the family members looks, so someone with artistic skill can draw them.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 22, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

sounds good, i would definitely like to emphasize that our priority is family for the moment, ours and foghorns.
One could say that we are now bonded by marriage. 

Edit: We should definitely talk to each of our family members about foghorns family, that they are absolutely off limits for eating or turning, and that doing so without our permission will lead to severe repercussions, possibly death, at least torture. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:00:03 pm by Mlamlah »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 22, 2012, 06:20:59 pm »

Unless we order them too, we need to keep or options open, but only in extreme situations.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 22, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »

agreed, hence the "without our permission"
It seems like we're actually entering a position of some power in the world, we have a strong base of operation, plenty of moderately powerful and skilled minions, a most powerful ally and our options remain very open. Fellsoil Dreamender is open for business.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 22, 2012, 06:48:44 pm »

Power compared to what, exactly?
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »

A fair point, i suppose compared to the extremely vulnerable lone wolf we were at the beginning of the game. All i'm saying is that we've progressed quite a bit, and have plenty of options in increasing our power yet further.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 22, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »

Agreed, but don't get cocky. Without that clever plan or without the preparation time or without the terrain advantages we would have probably did back at the barn. Enough numbers can kill us at this point.

At some point, we should establish peaceful contact with the dwarves, ideally starting with some desperate outpost.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 143