Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 226842 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1005 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »

Hey, I'll go right out and say it.  We don't want to.
Then say that to her and close it forever
If this is you trying to use reverse psychology... I don't... what?  Why do you think you need to tell me that?
Well... I'm going to assume you meant that seriously, because... I don't imagine why else you would mention that.  I want to close it forever.  I suggested doing that already.  You wanna stop arguing and let us tell her we've decided to drop it then?

Tell Alice we've decided we are not going to convert her, we will let her live her own life.  She is a faithful ally and now is a friend of the family.  Ask her to stay on, as your friend.  If she mentions wishing to go on and do other things with her life, remind her she owes that life to us.
I'd like to have a heart-to-analgous-organ talk with Alice before we make a final decision on not converting Alice...like, at least a turn apart.
In said talk, we should be sure to discuss what we would expect of a consort and if she could provide it, as well as emotional issues. Also chat about what gift to give her.
Once we have such a talk, Alice would expect conversion or rejection pretty soon. For now, we have a good excuse not to convert ("Nope, no new gifts since last time you asked...), so let's delay the issue until we have a better Alice-gift.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 11, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »

Pretty sure she basically already said something to the effect of "men ew" ages and ages ago
Can you provide a quote? I only remember that

"And... allow me to offer just a bit of practical advice seeing as you must be new to dealing with humans. When a woman keeps her hair and clothes as man would, as I do, there is a fair chance that she prefers to keep female company. You don't have to worry about me taking any sort of initiative toward you."

"Prefers to keep female company" is far from "men ew"

Tell Alice we've decided we are not going to convert her, we will let her live her own life.  She is a faithful ally and now is a friend of the family.  Ask her to stay on, as your friend.  If she mentions wishing to go on and do other things with her life, remind her she owes that life to us.
It's bad to lie to friends :)
We should tell Alice "We don't consider you good enough to spend good gifts on you, and we are sure that spending mediocre gifts on you will do more harm than good because you are more useful as human. Besides you are lesbian and thus bad at babymaking" That's truth
And, no, I don't want to say that to Alice.... As well as anything else that assumes no converting ever. At least we'll win some time before we'll get problems with  her father
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 11, 2012, 06:33:11 pm »

Keep up the line about how we don't think any of the gifts would fit Alice's skills and personality yet. It's true enough.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 11, 2012, 06:51:40 pm »

We'll don't get a better gift than left stone one for a looong time. Let's admit that.

And I am 100% sure that any gift that we may get will get the - "It's better to spend on someone better" argument from the majority. As well as "we need a mortal servant"

Also you all seem to forget that converting is a long process and needed to be done in relative safety. We have one now, but we may have none for a long time, something bad can happen in any moment.... should stop doing that, no point in going against the current...

As for hunting, obviously we should hunt together with Gwen. She is our GPS and needs food. As for taking Alice to the hunt, it's a bad idea to risk her life, Foghorn will be PISSED if we waste his daughter
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 11, 2012, 06:53:10 pm »

Pretty sure she basically already said something to the effect of "men ew" ages and ages ago
Can you provide a quote? I only remember that

"And... allow me to offer just a bit of practical advice seeing as you must be new to dealing with humans. When a woman keeps her hair and clothes as man would, as I do, there is a fair chance that she prefers to keep female company. You don't have to worry about me taking any sort of initiative toward you."

"Prefers to keep female company" is far from "men ew"

It's bad to lie to friends :)
We should tell Alice "We don't consider you good enough to spend good gifts on you, and we are sure that spending mediocre gifts on you will do more harm than good because you are more useful as human. Besides you are lesbian and thus bad at babymaking" That's truth
And, no, I don't want to say that to Alice.... As well as anything else that assumes no converting ever. At least we'll win some time before we'll get problems with  her father

At this point it isn't a lie, you are a lone voice on the side of converting alice at this point, the consensus is overwhelmingly against you, until that changes it is safe to assume we will not be turning her in the near future.
With that particular quote we had succeeded pretty badassly in our communication roll, she was being polite and subtle with her rejection because she did not want to offend, it doesn't take a lot of reading into the details  to discern that she was telling us that she *ISN'T* into dudes. She didn't have a whole lot of reason to tell us she was into women if she swung both ways, if she's bisexual than her comment kind of becomes a lot more irrelevant, it turns from "I'm a lesbian, so i wouldn't be into that." to "oh by the way i'm into chicks", which wouldn't make sense unless she was attempting to mislead us into thinking she *was* a lesbian.

I am however willing to +1 GoldWyrmGold's compromise of speaking to Alice about being a consort and all that may entail.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:01:01 pm by Mlamlah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 11, 2012, 07:00:02 pm »

...In which case she'd be trying to convince us NOT to turn her.

Anyways, let's just let the matter hang as-is for now: We don't have gifts suited for Alice.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 11, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

:( So much potential of the left stone are gonna get wasted. It's doubtful that we'll find a suitable female for that anytime soon, most likely we'll need to spend it to make a baby girl or keep it in storage forever

Anyway, Weirdsound will right a cool story. That's what matters

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 11, 2012, 07:22:24 pm »

Go hunting, let Gwen go hunting
train up skills,while hunting,use plant/animal empathy
Train dark prayers

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 11, 2012, 07:23:29 pm »

:( So much potential of the left stone are gonna get wasted. It's doubtful that we'll find a suitable female for that anytime soon, most likely we'll need to spend it to make a baby girl or keep it in storage forever

Anyway, Weirdsound will right a cool story. That's what matters
Oddly enough, I feel like a suitable female for the left stone would be one that... I dunno, isn't lesbian?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 11, 2012, 07:37:39 pm »

If telling Alice that we have no intention of actually converting her will get people to stop bringing the subject up, I am 100% all for it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 11, 2012, 07:42:08 pm »

Yep, Yep. I know, lesbians can't have babies no matter what.

We just need to wait for a female that

a) Have enough useful skills
b) Have connections that will not care that she became a night troll
c) But have no very serious attachments to former life
d) Likes us enough to be a likely ally and not a competing night troll
e) Convertble

It's easier, more practical and probably faster to impregnate some consort  and raise a girl troll....

Waiting for that megafemale without flaws

Oh and waiting for an update, discussion got really repetitive

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 11, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »

Not soon =/= Never
We can't die from old age, so if we avoid fights that would end badly we'll be fine.

Yep, Yep. I know, lesbians can't have babies no matter what.
They sure won't have as many as heterosexuals. Not like we're the last of our kind and need to repopulate our race...huh, what's that in the title?

We just need to wait for a female that
a) Have enough useful skills
b) Have connections that will not care that she became a night troll
c) But have no very serious attachments to former life
d) Likes us enough to be a likely ally and not a competing night troll
e) Convertble
It's easier, more practical and probably faster to impregnate some consort  and raise a girl troll....
Waiting for that megafemale without flaws
Or at least be willing to have kids, ideally eager; have skills which would make good traits to pass on; and be able to be captured or convinced. No doubt that Alice fails the most important of those.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:20 pm »

*yawns*

Not soon =/= Never
Not used gift = no benefit
used gift = benefits NOW
It's like cash, you need to invest it to make it useful... having it in your pockets will give you nothing good

Night trolls aren't humans, impregnation is not random. It's conscious act. I don't get all that buzz about homosexuality. Amount of children isn't dependent from pleasure... Nor from sex frequency. It's dependent on desire to have children. And we know nothing about Alice's views on childbirth

I never proposed to convert Alice without getting agreement first and explaining what her life is going to be. If she say - I don't want to have any children or It's so disgusting to be with man that I'll not do it even for childbirth or I don't care about your race... Fine. We unlucky and lost an opportunity. And should deal with problem how to not convert and not piss her father
But you  all want to pass an opportunity without even trying to... because she may be too lesbian to make babies.
I made a small list why Alice may accept that kind of life, no one cared to comment

It's remind me Gwen, when you, Wyrm, said something like "who needs random rancher's wife. Let's spend our valuable gift on some queen"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:11:42 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 11, 2012, 08:10:46 pm »

Yeah.  Remember, she volunteered for conversion when it was regular, and sex wasn't a necessary part of what we would would convert her for.

But even if we do convert her, I still don't think we should but if we have to, do not use the testicle gift.  I don't know how much I'm going to have to stress this for you to understand, but: lesbian=/=bisexual.  At. Fucking. All.  You're a straight guy, right?  How would it feel if your job (a job which you can't leave, for obvious reasons) was to have sex with other guys?  You would not like that.  (If you would like that, then you're not possibly a straight guy.)
So, basically, we'd be forcing her to rape herself.  It's not like she can find any women who would have sex with a night-troll, they are obviously incompatible (Different species, and have to convert for sex.  In any situation).
Or, we'd be turning her into a rapist, because there is no other place she could find a lesbian.
But either way, that gift on a lesbian would be an absolute waste, and quite possibly the least ethical decision we have been faced with.  The only way for it to be useful would be for her to have sex with a man, which is just as disgusting to her as (male) gay sex is to us.
She said she didn't like men, not just that she liked women.  So she isn't possibly Bi.

Oh, Ninja'd.  Well, I know this wasn't up before you posted that, but I can clearly see what you think of sexuality now.

Okay, now I'm actually getting upset with what you just posted.  You are saying we should send her off to be raped for us.  You are saying that homosexuality comes on a fine spectrum.  It does not.  There is Gay, Bi, Straight, and Asexual.  There is no "sorta lesbian, but I'm fine with having sex with a man." That's just Bi, which she isn't because she said she does not want the sexual company of men.  I'm going to be perfectly honest, if you don't drop this I am going to stop posting.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 11, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »

Sweet Azura, are we really still talking about this? This has been in debate for like 30 pages minimum, and nothing has changed, let's move on to something more constructive.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 143