Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 230813 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1425 on: December 02, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »

If anyone comes up with any decent non - cliches that can still be feasibly put in the game, I'm all ears. :)

Uriel's father gets arrested for operating an illegal at the beginning of the game, so she goes out into the world to raise bail. Obviously she's highly embarrassed about it all, so whenever her background comes up in conversation she feigns amnesia or uses a common trope or something. Obviously all of the other people in the game accept it at face value while the player laughs at their stupidity. Ideally the deception would never be uncovered, unless it's for an important plot point and even then it should only be revealed to the party. Everyone else should still believe that she's a gifted orphan with amnesia or something.

Just an idea. It might not jive well with the rest of the story/plot.

An illegal what? 

I like the sound of the whole faking amnesia idea, I would make for quite a few good laughs, and it's actually a fairly interesting plot point in my own humble opinion, even if it is played for laughs the entire time.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1426 on: December 02, 2012, 11:36:34 pm »

PTW, because a Bay12 themed RPG would be cool.
I don't suppose I could be dwarfed as an NPC who considers itself to be the God of Madness? With a nonsensical castle to live in? With kitten leather lounge suites? And an arena for my slaves to fight to the death in, for my amusement?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 02, 2012, 11:37:31 pm »

Probably not, no. We need minor things right now.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 03, 2012, 12:06:21 am »

An illegal what?

Whoops. I meant to say an illegal still. I'm not 100% how it'd be illegal, but going adventuring because your father got busted for making moonshine is probably something you'd want to cover up.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1429 on: December 03, 2012, 12:11:05 am »

Probably not, no. We need minor things right now.
*disappointed sigh*

I'll just go back to watching, then.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 03, 2012, 12:12:22 am »

An illegal what?

Whoops. I meant to say an illegal still. I'm not 100% how it'd be illegal, but going adventuring because your father got busted for making moonshine is probably something you'd want to cover up.

That's more or less what I guessed.

Perhaps he was making non-alcoholic drinks in dwarven country?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 03, 2012, 01:05:03 am »

An illegal what?

That's more or less what I guessed.

Perhaps he was making non-alcoholic drinks in dwarven country?

"Your alcohol is less than 40 proof. Failure to reach at least 90 proof is a criminal offense in the Kingdom of the Lower Boards. Take him away."

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 03, 2012, 01:42:09 am »

can I be in this my character is URIST MC SAFETY a strong young dorf who is leaving home to learn to be a Man (MULAN LOL) only not a man human man but a dwarf man, like an adult dwarf

he Carrie's a sword axe named Butters and a shield make of adamantium and sings the dwarf song yo ho yo ho
name: magmammal
type:  Fire/kangaroo
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1433 on: December 03, 2012, 03:19:50 am »

can I be in this my character is URIST MC SAFETY a strong young dorf who is leaving home to learn to be a Man (MULAN LOL) only not a man human man but a dwarf man, like an adult dwarf

he Carrie's a sword axe named Butters and a shield make of adamantium and sings the dwarf song yo ho yo ho
Wasn't it "Hi ho, hi ho, off to work we go..." or something? I'm not exactly knowledgeable on this subject.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 03, 2012, 05:38:01 am »

So now that we've got the amnesia thing more or less settled, moving on to the village elder (ignoring the ROUSes because I don't think they exist).

Why would anybody from a place loosely based on Bay12 rely on the perceived wisdom of a retiree?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 03, 2012, 06:19:28 am »

So now that we've got the amnesia thing more or less settled, moving on to the village elder (ignoring the ROUSes because I don't think they exist).

Why would anybody from a place loosely based on Bay12 rely on the perceived wisdom of a retiree?

Well either the Announcements or the DF General discussion board.

You know... both places toady presides.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:43 pm »

Just an idea. It might not jive well with the rest of the story/plot.
An illegal what? 
Immigrant?

An illegal what?
Selling liquor without a license isn't legal. Modify that law and bam! unlicensed stills are illegal.

He lived long enough to retire. That's pretty darn impressive in a DF-based world.
Besides, he's an elder; who says he's a retiree?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 04, 2012, 07:16:26 am »

Cleaned up the second PC facesheet. GO had an ugly line above his arse, which I removed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 04, 2012, 02:31:01 pm »

I would like to be an NPC.
Thanks to FuzzyZergling for the sprites!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 04, 2012, 03:23:46 pm »

You're out to make my life hard, are you, Fuzz?

Spoiler: Preliminary edit (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 111