Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 ... 1337

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore  (Read 423121 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #18420 on: January 24, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »

Anarchist provides extra flavor! She's quite the expressive ghost.

"But they weren't! Turns out they want to kill us all!

And it sounds like they picked up some friends along the way. Am I right, Mr. Crow?
"

Marie just listens, mostly.

"...that'd be the Geass one... "

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #18421 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:39 pm »

Andre silently listens, glancing over at Anarchist with an amused expression when she comments.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: January 24, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »

"Be patient, Fury-begotten ghosts!

Anyway.

I monitored them for a while, watching them cautiously. They picked up friends. But I believe the blond man was the Geass user. They seemed....interested in the world.

Naturally, they visited a library, in a village of the Moogles. Marie, you should know what those are.

Anyway, the blond man and the suited man approach the village elder. From what I know, they talked for a while, about the world's special properties, and then the blond man inquires about books on it. The elder denies him, so the man 'Geasses' him, as you say. 'Puts the mojo on him'.

The elder grabs several books and hands them to the elder, and the suited man pulls a pistol and shoots the elder.

They return outside, and I don't remember much, but I see the two fey ones, shooting the Moogles with their pistol-things. They fired blazing red rays, not unlike annihilation magic.

The village was left in ruins, and they disappeared...for a while."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: January 24, 2013, 04:27:39 pm »

"Hehehe, you sound like Ms. Phyliss! Sucks for them, though."
"Mrm. I think Richard said something about a weapon like that. Don't remember what, though. "

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37:00 pm »

"Soon, they tore a swathe of destruction through the land. Pillaging where they could, subjugating as they pleased. The Geass user and the fey pair had the ability to hypnotise them. That helped their purpose.

I watched in shock. How could they be so reckless? So destructive?

Surprisingly,they picked up friends. A Persona user, like Richard. Some others. I apologise. My age makes memory hard to recall. Small details are hard to recall.

Eventually, I decided to attack them at their base, a tower in a fortress several weeks in a direction I don't recall away from here."

Harbinger raises a hand, and the party sees various images in their mind.

The blond man attempting to Geass Harbinger.

Harbinger being chained, and the suited man looking at him, smirking.

Harbinger being tied to a rack, struggling, as a pixie stood in front of him, with a taser.

Harbinger breaking free, punching a pale man into a wall.

Him flying into the air, fighting a bird like Persona.

Him slamming the Geass user into a door.

Harbinger screaming as several Neutrino blasts hit him.

Him fleeing blindly into the forest, too wounded to fight on.

"Ever since then, I have been tracking them, and they have been making advances to this area.

I don't know their current status, but they picked up at least one friend. Mr Valjean."

-------

Mara is sleeping in a spare room.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18425 on: January 24, 2013, 04:41:21 pm »

"Well, that's nice. Because Ms. Phyliss has a wonderful plan thought up by yours truly. See, she has 'eyes' and 'ears' all around the woods. If one of them happens to pick  up our marauders or go unresponsive... well... "

Anarchist grins.

"KE equals one half M V squared. Sir Isaac Newton is indeed the deadliest son of a bitch. "
"...Oh dear. That may not be the most-"

"Who cares if we blow up a few square kilometers of forest!?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18426 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »

"Assuming the marauders are immune to the mesmer or Geass.

Considering I have seen many intelligent beings affected, with only a few breaking it, me included, I doubt the marauders will fare any better.

And this is assuming they have less resources than you."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18427 on: January 24, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »

"Ah, but you see.  They may not be immune by themselves, but since we're all linked together, they'd at least put up a hell of a fight. And we'd notice. And massacre the intruders as previously planned. Even the Ghostbusters couldn't survive. "

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18428 on: January 24, 2013, 04:48:06 pm »

"Ah.

But their effective strength is about as strong as your party, Marie. Maybe stronger."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18429 on: January 24, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »

"I'm not arguing with that. It's the Ghost Brigade  who are overpowered, albeit mostly by sheer numbers. And I don't even like their plan. Since we don't want to kill Mr. Valjiean."

"Hey hey hey! That makes this-"

"Stupid! Even if it would save us from actually clashing against them."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18430 on: January 24, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »

"Is Mr Valjean important to you?

And the Ghost Brigade cannot possibly counter the power of their Persona user.

He has somehow managed to unleash more than one Persona. Many at once, though it seems to exhaust him.

And, I do not know what they have now. They could have something to counter the Ghost Brigade. Maybe worse."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18431 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:20 pm »

"Again, we wouldn't need to. "

"He's important to Gaston. And what our ghostly friend here is proposing is more or less a weapon of mass destruction, as some say. It doesn't care who's who. It's simple physics, nothing more."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18432 on: January 24, 2013, 04:59:39 pm »

"Do not use it. Not unless it is at the end of absolute need.

The destruction of this entire swathe may harm more than it helps, and there are many, innocent creatures here , like animals and other fauna that didn't ask to be killed."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18433 on: January 24, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »

".... Well, now the great workings of democracy have voted that down. Sorry, Newton.

By the way, Ms. Phyliss says that we're the Lost and the Damned. And insults you. Standard fare for her. I guess she'll just have to take care of it another way. Or maybe me. I'm good at sneaky stuff, you know. 'Specially with Megaera here.
"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18434 on: January 24, 2013, 05:05:52 pm »

"So am I."

The blond man appears, cloak billowing from the breeze from outside.
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 ... 1337