Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hotline Miami  (Read 1026 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Hotline Miami
« on: October 27, 2012, 11:03:18 am »

Described by the developer as a "top down fuck'em up", Hotline Miami is a beast of a game.  It blends action, stealth, dying, extreme lofi violence, dying, a surreal plot, the best soundtrack ever and dying.  Think of GTA 1 crossed with Hitman, then add a bit of puzzler and a slight touch of roguelike and you're still nowhere near it.  It does not forgive the slightest mistake.  One hit can kill pretty much anyone and this includes you.  It made me feel like a cool mass murderer.  You should buy it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have a review.  Now go buy it on Steam or GoG
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:24:21 am by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Hotline Miami
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:13:07 am »

Pretty sure there was already a thread on this but it doesn't seem to come up when I search.  :-\

Anyway I originally dismiss this as some arcade game but after watching some videos of it online it's actually much more of a tactical game. Everything is extremely fast paced including dying, which almost gives the game a puzzle-esce feeling to it. Routes have to be carefully planned and executed and running and gunning will general get you killed quick.

I'm interested and I may put down some money in the future when I have some. What I have noticed however that the game has this strange "motion sway" to it. Even watching videos made me feel a little ill.

Keshire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:32:45 am »

Pretty sure there was already a thread on this but it doesn't seem to come up when I search.  :-\

Anyway I originally dismiss this as some arcade game but after watching some videos of it online it's actually much more of a tactical game. Everything is extremely fast paced including dying, which almost gives the game a puzzle-esce feeling to it. Routes have to be carefully planned and executed and running and gunning will general get you killed quick.

I'm interested and I may put down some money in the future when I have some. What I have noticed however that the game has this strange "motion sway" to it. Even watching videos made me feel a little ill.

Ya the background scrolls independently of the character. Fine for side scrollers, not so much for top down free roam.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:12 am »

Your search fu is weak :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:47:10 am »

In my defence, I'd only just woken up :D

Go post there and then buy it.