Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NonDorf Memorials  (Read 599 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
NonDorf Memorials
« on: October 27, 2012, 12:09:05 am »

Did I waste my time by engraving, building, and resizing, all these Troll, Goblin, Donkey, Cart, Horse, etc.. slabs?
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

SeymoreGlass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NonDorf Memorials
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 12:24:17 am »

I don't think invaders can become ghosts, so it doesn't helpt there. Though it should count towards your created wealth, but as far as I know, you can't decorate slabs; unless you carved them out of raw adamantine, they won't boost your wealth by much.
The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration (waiting on someone to sig that)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:25:26 am »

Did I waste my time by engraving, building, and resizing, all these Troll, Goblin, Donkey, Cart, Horse, etc.. slabs?
Yes. But at least you now have some nice memorial gardens for all the things you've murdered.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:31:53 am »

Aaaactually, there's a slim chance. I had a goblin hammerman scare a recruit to death during sparring practice. But otherwise, yes. A lovely kill record has been made.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:40:50 am »

Thanks.  I was trying to get all the entries memorialized, in the hopes of something fantastic happening. 

A troll god visiting the fort, to demand a sacrifice, upon a slab or something.  Guess that's out of the question.  I now have 3 full rooms of slabs.  No new content occurs, as a result.  Almost have them all memorialized, cept with each SIEGE I get a bunch more to engrave. 

Guess its helping my engravers gain xps, too.  So its not all bad.  Be cool if there was a paranormal skillset to advance. 

Gotta worry about upsetting the dead, don't vomit on that slab!
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Kohmelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 01:41:33 am »

Well I usually build a Memorial Hall for epic battles. 

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 01:49:23 am »

I like to make a garden in the caverns commemorating all the dead forgotten beasts from before. Bonus points if the corpses/deadly dust still coat the memorial area.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?